Windows 10: Documents folder renamed videos

Discus and support Documents folder renamed videos in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello, my Documents folder has somehow become Videos (in This PC). I don't recall making a change to it's name and in fact can't find any way of... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by nimue56, Nov 1, 2016.

1. nimue56 Win User

Documents folder renamed videos

Hello, my Documents folder has somehow become Videos (in This PC). I don't recall making a change to it's name and in fact can't find any way of changing it. I did read a similar post after googling the problem, but the responses involved registry editing as the solution and seemed a bit drastic as I hadn't been renaming paths or anything like that, as the poster seemed to have done.
    Everything is still in there but I now have two folders named Videos, with slightly different icons. Not the end of the world but I would like to fix it.
    What can I try? There are no previous versions to restore.
    Is it worth doing a System Restore
    TIA
    *Smile

:)

nimue56, Nov 1, 2016
  2. lacrumb Win User

I'm still waiting for my two questions from earlier this month to be answered? I haven't heard anything lately

#1. Go to (CDocuments folder renamed videos :), Users, (Your user name), Documents and right click, Click rename and rename the folder.

Get out of File Explorer.

Get back into File Explorer and look to see the change.

#2. Download VLC and use it to view videos.

lacrumb, Nov 1, 2016
  3. Unable to rename folders directly under This PC\Documents

Hi,

A very strange issue/bug? has occurred.

Everything was fine until just now when I suddenly lost the ability to rename folders directly under "This PC"\Documents. It is strange because:

1) I can rename folders via C:\Users\xxxxx\Documents,

2) I can rename subfolders, as in "This PC"\Documents\Folder\Subfolder, but I cannot rename 'Folder', and

3) I can rename folders within "This PC"\Music etc. It is only a problem with the Documents folder.

I cannot rename the folder using:

1) Right-click, rename,

2) F2, and

3) When I create a newfolder, I cannot rename it at that instant.

Do I have some regedit issue?

Many thanks,

The Great Pretender, Nov 1, 2016
  4. pbcopter Win User

Hi and welcome.

Have you tried going to C:\Users\*your user name*\ and right clicking on the Videos (which should be Documents) folder to rename it?

pbcopter, Nov 1, 2016
  5. nimue56 Win User
    Hi and thanks. Now I feel stupid lol! Had tried to rename it from all sorts of places, but I guess I hadn't tried from there! I wonder how it got renamed in the first place?
    Anyway the fix was much simpler than the suggested registry edits I had seen, so thank you again!

nimue56, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Documents folder renamed videos - Similar Threads - Documents folder renamed

2. The folder named 'Documents' got renamed by the system

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    The folder named 'Documents' got renamed by the system: I am running Windows 10 Pro 22H2. Recently I upgraded my C: drive. Here is what I did to save my Documents folder for the new disk.I used robocopy to save the "Documents" folder to my D: drive as "D-Documents".After the disk swap I used robocopy to copy the "D:\D-Documents"...
  3. The folder named 'Documents' got renamed by the system

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The folder named 'Documents' got renamed by the system: I am running Windows 10 Pro 22H2. Recently I upgraded my C: drive. Here is what I did to save my Documents folder for the new disk.I used robocopy to save the "Documents" folder to my D: drive as "D-Documents".After the disk swap I used robocopy to copy the "D:\D-Documents"...
  4. The folder named 'Documents' got renamed by the system

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Unable to Rename the Documents Folder

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to Rename the Documents Folder: Hello - For a long time I have added the size of some folders to the name, such as Documents 300GB so I can keep track of the locations of the largest folders. But when I tried to update the name of the Documents folder, I R clicked on the folder but was unable to find a...
  6. Unable to Rename the Documents Folder

Unable to Rename the Documents Folder: Hello - For a long time I have added the size of some folders to the name, such as Documents 300GB so I can keep track of the locations of the largest folders. But when I tried to update the name of the Documents folder, I R clicked on the folder but was unable to find a...
  7. Unable to Rename the Documents Folder

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Why is my document and video folder saying "D:\" how do I rename it?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Why is my document and video folder saying "D:\" how do I rename it?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/baccaman3 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/i6lujo/why_is_my_document_and_video_folder_saying_d_how/
  9. Rename Documents and Music folders?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Rename Documents and Music folders?: hi, just read this forum again and i'm not so sure if my problems related to this or not. Anyway, wanna know can i Rename the Folders and How can i do it. I've marked the folders that i want to rename in the picture. [img] this issue suddenly happens after the latest...
  10. Two Documents Folders and no Video folder.

Two Documents Folders and no Video folder.: I've been trying to move my videos folder and documents folder to my other drive and I mistakenly forgot to give them folder locations so they were put in the location E: instead of a folder inside of my E: drive. I fixed the issue mostly other than I have 2 folders named...