Windows 10: Documents folder stuck in OneDrive and duplicate Pictures folders.

Discus and support Documents folder stuck in OneDrive and duplicate Pictures folders. in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I was moving some folders around and my Documents folder ended up getting moved into my OneDrive Folder from This PC. Where my Documents folder used to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by ParkerHerrington, Aug 26, 2020.

1. Documents folder stuck in OneDrive and duplicate Pictures folders.

I was moving some folders around and my Documents folder ended up getting moved into my OneDrive Folder from This PC. Where my Documents folder used to be there's now a duplicate Pictures folder with the same icon as my old Documents Folder. When I tried to restore the default location of the duplicate Pictures Folder, it said "Can't move this folder because there is a folder in the same location that can't be redirected". Is there any way to get my Document's Folder back to This PC and get rid of the duplicate Picture's Folder?

Documents folder stuck in OneDrive and duplicate Pictures folders. 35e5919e-faff-4afc-b612-13fd4a6abaf4?upload=true.png Documents folder stuck in OneDrive and duplicate Pictures folders. 4af037ef-8ac9-4eeb-9f0d-888978c0f057?upload=true.png

:)

ParkerHerrington, Aug 26, 2020

2. OneDrive resulted in duplicate Documents folders, can't merge

I did try restore but it wouldn't let me. The result was the same, that being that it complained of there already being a system folder there (i.e., users\Chris\Documents, etc.)

I just looked in HKCU... as suggested and found the folders defined as "C:\Users\Chris\OneDrive\...". Interestingly, I found a couple of GUIDs other than the Download folder you referred to above. Both point to "%UserProfile%\OneDrive\...". They duplicate
    the explicitly named Personal and Pictures folders assigned to "C:\Users\Chris\OneDrive\...", i.e., they point to the same folder.

Only Personal, Pictures and Desktop are assigned using the C:\Users\Chris\OneDrive string. As above, Personal and Pictures are duplicated as GUIDs. Desktop is not duplicated.

Can I just delete the GUID duplicates of Personal and Pictures (not Downloads) and change the OneDrive entries to "%UserProfile%\...," as some others are assigned?

Is it atypical that Cache is defined as "C:\Users\Chris\AppData\...", unlike other AppData folders defined using "%UserProfile%\..."?

Edit: if editing HKCU directly results in the duplicate folders remaining, that's fine. I can just move the contents of the unwanted folders into the corresponding defined system folder, then delete the duplicate folders.

ChrisCowles, Aug 26, 2020
  3. pjrobot Win User
    Documents Folder Stuck in OneDrive

Thanks for your continued help,

If that is the case, seems rather counter-intuitive to end up with this situation:

Documents folder stuck in OneDrive and duplicate Pictures folders. [​IMG]

I have none of the folders Pictures, Music, etc folders in there. I have used OneDrive prior to upgrading from Windows 7. You're saying that these folders would simply be injected among my previously established OneDrive folder configuration?

Regards,

Peter

pjrobot, Aug 26, 2020
  4. Documents folder stuck in OneDrive and duplicate Pictures folders.

Documents Folder Stuck in OneDrive

THANK YOU so much for this post. I registered for a forum account just to say thanks. I've been struggling with a similar issue all morning on my Surface Book. My Documents and Pictures folder under my user were stuck as onedrive folders and I could not get them un-linked. The batch files in the article you wrote and linked to worked perfectly!! Thank you!! Utterly disgraceful that OneDrive does not have a way to easily and obviously detach itself from your folders.

shirokuro73, Aug 26, 2020
Thema:

Documents folder stuck in OneDrive and duplicate Pictures folders.

1. Documents folder stuck in OneDrive and duplicate Pictures folders. - Similar Threads - Documents folder stuck

2. Documents Folder Stuck in OneDrive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Documents Folder Stuck in OneDrive: I activated OneDrive to add my university's OneDrive folder to File Explorer. In doing so, my primary user folders Documents, Pictures, Music, Videos, etc. were moved there as well. In attempting to reverse this all returned excluding the Documents folder, persisting in its...
  3. Documents Folder Stuck in OneDrive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Documents Folder Stuck in OneDrive: I activated OneDrive to add my university's OneDrive folder to File Explorer. In doing so, my primary user folders Documents, Pictures, Music, Videos, etc. were moved there as well. In attempting to reverse this all returned excluding the Documents folder, persisting in its...
  4. Duplicate Documents folders

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Duplicate Documents folders: I'm new to Windows 11 - old time #10 user. Why is there a "Documents" folder in my desktop display- the one that shows when i click on my Name folder in the upper LH of the desktop, and another under c:/user/me/Documents? They are not connected or synchronized....
  5. Duplicate Documents folders

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Duplicate Documents folders: I'm new to Windows 11 - old time #10 user. Why is there a "Documents" folder in my desktop display- the one that shows when i click on my Name folder in the upper LH of the desktop, and another under c:/user/me/Documents? They are not connected or synchronized....
  6. Documents folder duplicated in Pictures folder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Documents folder duplicated in Pictures folder: Documents folder duplicated in Pictures folder https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/documents-folder-duplicated-in-pictures-folder/00af09ce-e789-4e17-b6bc-1385950e6eed
  7. Problems moving Documents & Pictures folders from OneDrive folder

in Windows 10 Support
    Problems moving Documents & Pictures folders from OneDrive folder: Hi. I have a new laptop which I am just setting up to my liking and I didn't want OneDrive. This may have been a mistake but I have cleaned out all the files from the cloud and uninstalled OneDrive from my computer. I have been left with a OneDrive folder in my users/name...
  8. Duplicate Folders in Documents Folder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Duplicate Folders in Documents Folder: Somehow my wife's laptop a Dell Laptop running an up-to-date Windows 10 OS has gotten 2 same-named folders Very Active with important data in her Documents folder. I've tried several things to fix by deleting 1 of the duplicate folders, moving files , etc. but nothing has...
  9. Duplicated Documents and Pictures folders

in Windows 10 Support
    Duplicated Documents and Pictures folders: I have discovered that I have two Documents and two Pictures folders: one of each is in "This PC" and one in "Windows (C)>Users>[my name]". They are not synced and I seem to have to copy files from one to the other to get them to show the same; if I don't I have problems...
  10. Documents Folder Stuck in OneDrive

in Windows 10 Support
    Documents Folder Stuck in OneDrive: Hi everybody, Hopefully someone can help with this annoying issue. At some point shortly after installation I changed the Location of my Documents folder, so it may reside within the OneDrive user folder. Shortly thereafter I released this was not what I wanted, given...