Windows 10: Documents Folder Suddenly Empty

Discus and support Documents Folder Suddenly Empty in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; My Documents folder has seemingly deleted itself, just as if it's contents never existed. They contents have just disappeared overnight.I've tried... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Projjectt, Sep 26, 2022.

1. Projjectt Win User

Documents Folder Suddenly Empty

My Documents folder has seemingly deleted itself, just as if it's contents never existed. They contents have just disappeared overnight.I've tried quite a few solutions, but none have helped in the slightest.I've tried going into the Documents folder and ticking the "Hidden Items" box in the view tab, I've tried using 3rd party programs like EaseUS and Recuva but neither of them have helped with recovering the files. I've also tried checking to see if I'm signed into another user by going into C:\Users, but there is only *my name* and Public and I've gone straight into This PC > Documents a

:)

Projjectt, Sep 26, 2022
  2. Rose Cal Win User

Suddenly, Documents folder has moved to Downloads

Hi,

One possible cause why your Documents folder suddenly moved to Downloads folder due to corrupted system files. To assist you better, we'd like to gather more information:

• Have you made any recent changes aside from connecting to your university network?
    • Did you get any error messages when you tried to move it back?
    • Does this happen with Documents folder only or with other folders also?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

We're looking forward to your response.

Rose Cal, Sep 26, 2022
  3. Downloads folder is the Documents folder

Hi Chris,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to Restore to Default the folders and document settings and see if it helps.

Step 1:

Please follow below steps and check if it helps.

• Go to Download folder.
    • Right click on the Download Folder and go to Properties.
    • In Properties go to Location tab.
    • In location Tab Click on Restore Default.

Step 2:

Please follow below steps and check if it helps.

• Go to Documents folder.
    • Right click on the Document folder and go to Properties.
    • In Properties go to Location tab.
    • In location Tab Click on Restore Default.
    After performing above steps change the settings as you required and check if it helps.

Hope these information helps, please get back to us for future support, we’ll be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Prabhavathi Patil, Sep 26, 2022
  4. Rose Cal Win User

Suddenly, Documents folder has moved to Downloads

We appreciate the details you've provided. To address your issue, we suggest that you follow these steps on how to move your Documents Folder Location in Windows 10:

• You need to create a new folder named Documents at the location you want to move your personal Documents folder.
    • Press Win + E to open File Explorer, right-click
      Documents, and select Properties.
    • Select the Location tab and click the Move button.
    • Browse and select the new Documents folder at the location you want to move the folder Documents. Click the
      Select Folder.
    • Click OK to apply.
    • Click Yes to move all the files from the old location to the new location.
    • Your personal Documents folder and all of its contents will now be moved to the new location.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Rose Cal, Sep 26, 2022
Thema:

1. Documents Folder Suddenly Empty - Similar Threads - Documents Folder Suddenly

2. My Document folder is empty

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My Document folder is empty: I created a new user on Computer Management, after which I signed out of excel 2016 and removed my system from domain after which I restarted my system, and when I signed into the new user account I created I tried moving my files from my old user account and my documents...
  3. My Document folder is empty

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My Document folder is empty: I created a new user on Computer Management, after which I signed out of excel 2016 and removed my system from domain after which I restarted my system, and when I signed into the new user account I created I tried moving my files from my old user account and my documents...
  4. Documents Folder Suddenly Empty

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Documents Folder Suddenly Empty: My Documents folder has seemingly deleted itself, just as if it's contents never existed. They contents have just disappeared overnight.I've tried quite a few solutions, but none have helped in the slightest.I've tried going into the Documents folder and ticking the "Hidden...
  5. Documents Folder Suddenly Empty

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Documents Folder Suddenly Empty: My Documents folder has seemingly deleted itself, just as if it's contents never existed. They contents have just disappeared overnight.I've tried quite a few solutions, but none have helped in the slightest.I've tried going into the Documents folder and ticking the "Hidden...
  6. Documents and Pictures folder is empty

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Documents and Pictures folder is empty: As you can see my Documents folder is 100% empty while my Pictures folder doesn't have any pictures in it. But when i go through, Local Disc C:/User/Name/Documents i see all the documents present. same goes for Pictures folder, Local Disc C:/User/Name/Pictures and there are...
  7. Documents and Pictures folder is empty

in Windows 10 Customization
    Documents and Pictures folder is empty: As you can see my Documents folder is 100% empty while my Pictures folder doesn't have any pictures in it. But when i go through, Local Disc C:/User/Name/Documents i see all the documents present. same goes for Pictures folder, Local Disc C:/User/Name/Pictures and there are...
  8. Documents folder suddenly empty

Documents folder suddenly empty: Please excuse my bad English, but I desperately need help with this one. On 8/19/2020 in the evening, my Documents folder is empty, no clues why this is happening.[ATTACH] I searched online and there are only two problems I found so far. 1. The virus or for some...
  9. My documents folder is empty

My documents folder is empty: My documents folder is empty. What is the command to restore from a good date? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-documents-folder-is-empty/e1910e36-e5ee-4322-93dc-3699c7115209"
  10. Documents folder suddenly completly empty

in Windows 10 Support
    Documents folder suddenly completly empty: Hello all, Today I turned on my (what I believed to be perfectly functional) PC to discover to my horror that my Documents folder (where I keep everything of value) is completely empty. My SSD is a Samsung 850 EVO 500GB. 1yr old I believe. What I've tried: 1) Restarting...