Windows 10: Documents Folder Target OneDrive rather than local

Discus and support Documents Folder Target OneDrive rather than local in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I am setting up a new computer. After installing Office 365 Documents and Pictures folders under This PC changed from being directed to C:\Users\"my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by MaxKudu, Feb 2, 2022.

1. MaxKudu Win User

Documents Folder Target OneDrive rather than local

I am setting up a new computer. After installing Office 365 Documents and Pictures folders under This PC changed from being directed to C:\Users\"my name" to C:\Users\"my name"\OneDrive. If make Libraries visible and look there both these Documents folders are shown under the Documents library. What I want is for Documents under This PC to point to the local folder and not One Drive.I've tried changing the target under Properties\Location and typing in the correct path, but Windows won't let me do that since it is attempting to "Move" the folder and there is already one there

:)

MaxKudu, Feb 2, 2022
  2. DavidABCD Win User

I am setting up a new computer. After installing Office 365 Documents and Pictures folders under This PC changed from being directed to C:\Users\"my name" to C:\Users\"my name"\OneDrive. If make Libraries visible and look there both these Documents folders
    are shown under the Documents library.

What I want is for Documents under This PC to point to the local folder and not One Drive.

I've tried changing the target under Properties\Location and typing in the correct path, but Windows won't let me do that since it is attempting to "Move" the folder and there is already one there by the same name.

Any suggestions would be appreciated

DavidABCD, Feb 2, 2022
  3. DavidABCD Win User

Everything says "This PC (CDocuments Folder Target OneDrive rather than local :)"

I have no ability to make any other changes.

The strange thing is that the path is correct (i.e. saves to local drive) under Libraries, but Documents is targeted to OneDrive under This PC.

DavidABCD, Feb 2, 2022
  4. DavidABCD Win User

Thanks Richard. I did check these settings and they did say OneDrive. I had changed them to This PC only, but unfortunately, it didn't change the path of the existing folder. It does make me wonder if I accepted the default of "Save Files to OneDrive"
    during the initial Windows startup.

I'm beginning to think the only resolution is to Reset to Factory Settings (which isn't horrible since I've just gotten started). Still, I'd like to see if anyone out there knows how to change the This PC's Documents folder's target location to the Documents
    folder on my C: drive. When I first noticed the problem, I assumed this would be a simple change.

DavidABCD, Feb 2, 2022
Thema:

1. Documents Folder Target OneDrive rather than local - Similar Threads - Documents Folder Target

2. My Documents is linked to OneDrive instead to the local folder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    My Documents is linked to OneDrive instead to the local folder: I recently had to reinstall Windows 10, and during the setup process clicked by mistake that I want files to be saved to OneDrive. After successful installation I decided to remove the OneDrive feature and discovered that I am not able to change the My Documents location to a...
  3. My Documents is linked to OneDrive instead to the local folder

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My Documents is linked to OneDrive instead to the local folder: I recently had to reinstall Windows 10, and during the setup process clicked by mistake that I want files to be saved to OneDrive. After successful installation I decided to remove the OneDrive feature and discovered that I am not able to change the My Documents location to a...
  4. My Documents is linked to OneDrive instead to the local folder

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. The local OneDrive folder, the PC Documents folder, OneDrive backup and sync. How does it...

The local OneDrive folder, the PC Documents folder, OneDrive backup and sync. How does it...: I was recently trying to clear some space on my work laptop. I realized I wasn't really using the OneDrive folders on my sidebar so without really understanding what I was doing I unsynced it. It didn't really clear any space I didn't expect it to since as far as I knew, I...
  6. Documents Folder Target OneDrive rather than local

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Documents Folder Target OneDrive rather than local: I am setting up a new computer. After installing Office 365 Documents and Pictures folders under This PC changed from being directed to C:\Users\"my name" to C:\Users\"my name"\OneDrive. If make Libraries visible and look there both these Documents folders are shown under...
  7. Unlink Local Documents folder from OneDrive

Unlink Local Documents folder from OneDrive: Currently, my local Documents folder is my OneDrive's Documents folder. I want a separate and LOCAL Documents folder along with my cloud saved OneDrive Documents folder. The Documents folder is present in C:\users\___, but it is not the default folder used for documents....
  8. Move Documents folder from OneDrive to Local

Move Documents folder from OneDrive to Local: I bought a new PC with Windows 10. It is saving all files, including user application files, to Documents in OneDrive. This is a disaster as applications produce trainloads of user files that OneDrive then dutifully attempts to upload. The Documents folder on "This PC" is...
  9. this pc > documents targets TEMP\Documents rather than $USER\Documets, and command prompt...

in Windows 10 Customization
    this pc > documents targets TEMP\Documents rather than $USER\Documets, and command prompt...: Hi, I have logged in to my computer and noticed all my desktop items missing. Upon further inspection This PC > Desktop targets TEMP\Desktop, the same is true for the Downloads, Documents, Pictures, et cetera quick access links. My keyboard setting has changed to English...
  10. Word Documenent Going to Documents Folder Rather Than Desktop ?

in Windows 10 Support
    Word Documenent Going to Documents Folder Rather Than Desktop ?: Hello, Always something new, I guess. I create a simple document in Word. Tell Windows10 to put it on the desktop. But, lately, it seems to always throw it into the Documents Folder instead. Why ? How can i get it to put it where I select, and want, the...