Windows 10: Documents ... I want control NOT Bill Gates!

Discus and support Documents ... I want control NOT Bill Gates! in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Can someone please tell me how I can regain control of my documents. I recently installed a new SSD and added Windows 10 Home and since then my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by idc1001, Jul 25, 2020.

1. idc1001 Win User

Documents ... I want control NOT Bill Gates!

Can someone please tell me how I can regain control of my documents. I recently installed a new SSD and added Windows 10 Home and since then my document storage is being controlled by Microsoft, not me. Let me say I have a better understanding of how and where I want my documents stored than Microsoft or Bill Gates. File Explorer shows me "Documents" as ...

OneDrive\Documents

OneDrive\Documents\Documents

This PC\Documents

C:\Documents

C:\Documents and Settings ... Access denied, although I am Administrator!

C:\ProgramData\Documents

C:\Users\[user]\Documents

C:\Users\[user]\OneDrive\Documents

C:\Users\[user]\OneDrive\Documents\Documents

That's 9 entries of "Documents" ... why? I want one folder for "documents" on my PC and one only. I want that folder to be the place to go when saving or retrieving documents, I don't want to see, sniff or be compromised by One Drive. I am the sole user of my PC and am 99% at home ... One Drive is of little value to my work, it is an unwarranted unwanted interruption and complication.

If I can get the one Documents folder on my PC I will then be happy for One Drive to take uploads of files IN THE BACKGROUND. I don't want to know or see when it is doing so, it will be a secondary facility that I can access if called upon but it will not control the usage of my PC as it is wanting to do now.

I have tried to move the default location for Documents to either C:\Documents a folder I created for that purpose or reluctantly as a workaround to C:\Users\[user]\Documents but each time I am met with the error message "Can't move the folder because there is a folder in the same location that can't be redirected. Access is denied." What a silly message. What does it mean and if "Access is denied" to the Administrator how does it expect someone to carry out the necessary correction?! What folder in what location and why does it need to be redirected ... I am looking to change the default location of documents, I am not wanting to "move" any folder just the target! If all I want to do is say "save here not there" what is there to move? I replied No to moving the existing files.

As King Henry II said "Will no one rid me of this meddlesome priest"!

:)

idc1001, Jul 25, 2020
  2. Tenforo Active Member

custom scaling documents for printing in windows 10.

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern regarding the issue that you are facing.

• How you trying to scale the documents?
    • Which application you are using for scaling the documents.

I would suggest you to try the following steps and check if it helps.

1. Press control key + p.

2. Now select the number of pages you want to scale while printing.

3. Click apply.

4. Now click on print.

Please try the above suggestions and let us know the status of the issue.

Tenforo, Jul 25, 2020
  3. Tenforo Active Member

documents

Hi Richard,

To sort your documents in your File Explorer by date, we suggest following the steps below:

• Type File Explorer in Cortana search box to open File Explorer.
    • Go to the folder that you want to sort.
    • Click on View that is located on the top part of the window.
    • Click on Sort by.
    • Choose Date.

Your files should be sorted by date with this option.

Let us know if this works for you.

Tenforo, Jul 25, 2020

4. Downloads folder is the Documents folder

Hi Chris,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to Restore to Default the folders and document settings and see if it helps.

Step 1:

Please follow below steps and check if it helps.

• Go to Download folder.
    • Right click on the Download Folder and go to Properties.
    • In Properties go to Location tab.
    • In location Tab Click on Restore Default.

Step 2:

Please follow below steps and check if it helps.

• Go to Documents folder.
    • Right click on the Document folder and go to Properties.
    • In Properties go to Location tab.
    • In location Tab Click on Restore Default.
    After performing above steps change the settings as you required and check if it helps.

Hope these information helps, please get back to us for future support, we’ll be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Prabhavathi Patil, Jul 25, 2020
Thema:

Documents ... I want control NOT Bill Gates!

1. Documents ... I want control NOT Bill Gates! - Similar Threads - Documents control Bill

2. Bill Gates is a pedophile and Windows 11 won't play DVDs

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bill Gates is a pedophile and Windows 11 won't play DVDs: My first problem is that Bill Gates racked up more frequent flyer miles to Little St. James than I did for Domino's loyalty points in college. My second problem is that Windows 11 is so poorly designed it won't even recognize a DVD inserted into the drive of a laptop that it...
  3. **** service from Bill Gates empire

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    **** service from Bill Gates empire: microsofts customer service is off the scale for rubbish service they do not know how to deal with the simplest problems their response staff are uncaring and discourteous, all the unwanted and nuisance apps eg linkedin , booking .com etc cannot be remove from system their...
  4. E-Mails from Mr Bill Gates Foundation

in Windows 10 Customization
    E-Mails from Mr Bill Gates Foundation: Hi Office Just to check regarding that of the above REF: Subject can the E-Mails from Mr Bill Gates Foundation are real as I would like your office to confirm a E-Mail that landed in my inbox 03/08/20. May I thank you for your time and consideration to look over my...
  5. Would Bill Gates disappoint the way I use Windows?

in Windows 10 Support
    Would Bill Gates disappoint the way I use Windows?: I sometimes arrange file according to organized time, and sometimes the way I want to. I mean I arranged a lot of stuff when I use Windows, according to my thinking. Would Bill Gates feel happy the way I use this way? 152736
  6. I don't want automatic billing

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    I don't want automatic billing: I was billed for Office I want my credit card number removed so I wont be billed again https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/i-dont-want-automatic-billing/93960b27-1907-470a-b518-bc5802463195
  7. is bill gates a paedophile?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    is bill gates a paedophile?: is bill a nonce, paedophile, kiddy fiddler???? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-bill-gates-a-paedophile/8a5ece2e-1de3-4467-aca9-0bcc168f9583
  8. Bill Gates: A New Model for Investing in Energy Innovation

in Windows 10 News
    Bill Gates: A New Model for Investing in Energy Innovation: By the middle of this century, the world will use twice as much energy as we use today. There’s good news in this: more energy means better lives and stronger economies. But it also means the world needs a new energy supply—one that doesn’t contribute to climate change....
  9. Which version does Bill Gates use???

in Windows 10 Support
    Which version does Bill Gates use???: I have often wondered, which OS do the big guys use? Let's say Bill Gates his era was the start to Windows 7, so has he upgraded to 8, 8.1 or 10, or does he use what he helped design? Let's say Paul Allen his era was early on perhaps he is still using Windows 95 or 98...
  10. Bill Gates at 60: A look back - Happy Birthday Bill

in Windows 10 News
    Bill Gates at 60: A look back - Happy Birthday Bill: Happy birthday, Bill Bill Gates -- founder of Microsoft, the world’s richest man, and a philanthropist for the ages -- will celebrate his 60th birthday on Oct. 28. He doesn’t look a day over 50. To commemorate the occasion, we’ve put together a collection of Bill Gates...