Windows 10: Documents in File Explorer

Discus and support Documents in File Explorer in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I am using Google Chrome for Windows, and when I try to open up the Documents in File Explorer, the titles come up but the documents will not open. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by HarryVanHoudnos III, Apr 24, 2020.

1. Documents in File Explorer

I am using Google Chrome for Windows, and when I try to open up the Documents in File Explorer, the titles come up but the documents will not open. I do writing and save my documents so that I can post my fan fiction online. Now, I cannot open the documents. Any help on this would be appreciated.

:)

HarryVanHoudnos III, Apr 24, 2020
  2. John Fer Win User

documents

Hi Richard,

To sort your documents in your File Explorer by date, we suggest following the steps below:

• Type File Explorer in Cortana search box to open File Explorer.
    • Go to the folder that you want to sort.
    • Click on View that is located on the top part of the window.
    • Click on Sort by.
    • Choose Date.

Your files should be sorted by date with this option.

Let us know if this works for you.

John Fer, Apr 24, 2020
  3. Anne Ros Win User
    My internal hard drive personal document folders do not show in file explorer

Hi Kari,

If you're having trouble seeing your personal documents, it might be caused by a file corruption. We suggest following the steps provided by Pavan_N in this
    thread that was found helpful in resolving similar issue.

Get back to us if you need further assistance.

Anne Ros, Apr 24, 2020
  4. Documents in File Explorer

File Explorer crashes on Quick Access Recent files item

Hi Loreto,

Clearing recent files does indeed allow File Explorer to open but my client did as I suggested and left recent files turned off for a few days and then turned it back on. It worked for a while but then started crashing again.

Two users at the same site have now reported the same problem which suggests it's not an individual user doing something unusual. It is very possible that they are working on the same documents in the same project.

The kind of documents in there will be:

• Documents opened directly from SharePoint
    • Documents opened from File Explorer viewing a SharePoint document library
    • Documents opened from File Explorer using a mapped drive to a SharePoint document library
    • Documents opened from Office 365 OneDrive

It's definitely a bug! Some threads have suggested bizarrely that it's linked to screen scaling?? And they do have a monitor and laptop screen with different scaling.

Cheers, Rob.

Rob Nicholson (Home), Apr 24, 2020
Thema:

Documents in File Explorer

1. Documents in File Explorer - Similar Threads - Documents File Explorer

2. FILE EXPLORER DOCUMENT AND PICTURES

in Windows 10 Gaming
    FILE EXPLORER DOCUMENT AND PICTURES: Hi everyone!I am new to Windows 11 and Microsoft Office 365 and I have a question:In my File Explorer is there a way that I can have ONLY icons showing in my Documents file, and ONLY photos showing in my Pictures file?Mark...
  3. FILE EXPLORER DOCUMENT AND PICTURES

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    FILE EXPLORER DOCUMENT AND PICTURES: Hi everyone!I am new to Windows 11 and Microsoft Office 365 and I have a question:In my File Explorer is there a way that I can have ONLY icons showing in my Documents file, and ONLY photos showing in my Pictures file?Mark...
  4. File Explorer will not preview Excel documents.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File Explorer will not preview Excel documents.: I am running Windows 11 with all updates and Office 365. File explorer will preview all documents word, pdf, etc EXCEPT Excel files. Set up a Temporary User account and Excel previewer works! How do I determine the difference between the Temporary User account and my Lip505...
  5. File Explorer will not preview Excel documents.

File Explorer will not preview Excel documents.: I am running Windows 11 with all updates and Office 365. File explorer will preview all documents word, pdf, etc EXCEPT Excel files. Set up a Temporary User account and Excel previewer works! How do I determine the difference between the Temporary User account and my Lip505...
  6. Where is the File Explorer search documentation/help?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Where is the File Explorer search documentation/help?: Where is the documentation for how to use search in File Explorer in Windows 10? This is all that I could find from Microsoft: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/win32/lwef/-search-2x-wds-aqsreferenceBut that resource has a note at the top claiming that it is for an...
  7. Where is "Documents and Settings" in File Explorer?

Where is "Documents and Settings" in File Explorer?: Why is it I can see "C:\Documents and Settings" and "C:\Documents and Settings\All Users" in a MS-DOS command console but I can't see those directories folders in File Explorer?...
  8. File Explorer "Documents" Stuck on File Type Filter

File Explorer "Documents" Stuck on File Type Filter: Recently, I filtered my Documents by Microsoft PowerPoint Presentation. I had initially done it by clicking on Type, a column, and checking "Microsoft PowerPoint Presentation". Now, whenever I click on the quick access link for Documents it has Documents automatically...
  9. Documents Folder on This PC - File Explorer

Documents Folder on This PC - File Explorer: Hi, For some reason since refreshing my Windows 10 installation, the Documents folder under This PC now points to the Documents folder on my One Drive. It always used to point to the documents folder in my users/(username) directory on my hard drive, and since this is the...
  10. No Word document preview in file explorer

No Word document preview in file explorer: ​Since updating to win 10 anniversary edition I cannot get a preview of Word documents in File Explorer - all other files show a preview. This is on a Sony Vaio all in one PC with Office 2010. The mystery is that I also have a Vaio laptop running the identical operating...