Windows 10: Documents Library - Lost Contents

Discus and support Documents Library - Lost Contents in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi all. First time over in the 10 Forums, but an old time member of the 7 Forum *chuckle I'm trying to work out a concern today, that's frankly... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Andy 01, Dec 14, 2017.

1. Andy 01 Win User

Documents Library - Lost Contents

Hi all.
    First time over in the 10 Forums, but an old time member of the 7 Forum *chuckle

I'm trying to work out a concern today, that's frankly driving me nuts.
    I installed the latest Creators Update a couple of days ago, and noticed this today, so I'm assuming its related ?

If I open my 'Documents' folder from Library's, it showed no content !
    If I navigate to the folder manually, all content was present as expected.

I deleted the Documents Library, and in Explorer right clicked on the Documents folder, and selected 'Include In Library', followed by 'Create New Library'.
    Documents then show under Library's again.

However, its quite a large item with many folders inside.
    When I open the newly created Documents Library, it only displays folders starting from A's, and up to G's, but nothing past that ?

I simply can't work this out *Sad
    If I right click Documents / Properties in the Library view, Restore Defaults is greyed out !
    If I select from the ribbon View / Options / Change, Restore Defaults is available, but not altering the issue.
    I altered the Library Type from Documents to General Items with no change.

I'm perplexed 'why' I lost the folder contents in the first place, but on reinstating the Documents Library 'why' it will not display folders past G ?

Any thoughts please ?

Many thanks,
    Andy

:)

Andy 01, Dec 14, 2017
  2. ed375 Win User

windows 10 anniversery update FUBAHR-ing additional libraries?

I had an additional library in my account.

Yesterday, (Sept 22, 2016) microsoft pushed a windows 10 (professional 64 bit) update, followed by the anniversary update.

The additional library I had is GONE!

Some of the pictures were moved to the microsoft pictures library.

Some of the documents were moved to the microsoft documents library.

HALF THE FOLDERS in that library and ALL THEIR CONTENTS seem to have disappeared!

Has anyone else had this problem?

F ouled

U p

B eyond

A ny

H ope of

R ecovery

Fortunately I have last week's back-up (Mine, NOT microsoft's windows 10), but I still lost the last week's information and will have to try to reconstruct the arrangement I had.

ed375, Dec 14, 2017
  3. Document Library hijacked by OneDrive after update

Local files - yes they are still on my computer in C:\user\<myusername>\Documents.

The Document Library under ThisPC is still there. The contents that it displays is the Documents Library on my OneDrive.

I have verified that ThisPC is identified as the System | Storage settings "where new content is saved."

I am signed in with my account.
    Documents Library - Lost Contents [​IMG]

J.D. Baker, Dec 14, 2017
  4. Andy 01 Win User

Anyone ?

Just to add, further playing has shown if I delete the library, and add again, when first opened the contents appear for a split second, and then gone again !

Has to be an answer to this I'm missing ?

Andy

Andy 01, Dec 16, 2017
Thema:

1. Documents Library - Lost Contents - Similar Threads - Documents Library Lost

2. Lost document

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Lost document: Can't find a document that I just moved to a different folder. How do I undo the move?*Moved from Teams. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/lost-document/70757f71-3502-493f-8b7c-c657655ed52f
  3. LOST DOCUMENTS

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    LOST DOCUMENTS: I have just spent hours completing a form I saved it in google docs and emailed it to someone. The email has disappeared and the form is now coming up blank. Help please https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/lost-documents/1f69c59d-79d7-4044-b9e3-58908fdb565a
  4. LOST DOCUMENT

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    LOST DOCUMENT: Hi, guys I really need some help. I was writing a document on Mord (Windows 10) and I left to go somewhere for a while. I noticed before I left that I had a Windows update pending (2004) but decided that I would come back and take care of it. I came back and my laptop was...
  5. Wordpad document randomly lost some content

Wordpad document randomly lost some content: Hi. One of my wordpad documents, which I update regularly, has suddenly lost a couple days worth of content, despite the fact that I know I saved it the last time I had it open. This isn't the first time it's happened to one of my documents, but it is the first time it's...
  6. Lost documents

Lost documents: Can't find document anywhere. In middle of working on a 7 page document a Microsoft notice popped up on OneNote asking for my password. I gave it and tried to go back to my document. Only 4 paragraphs of the 7 pages were there. I had been saving after every page...
  7. Lost documents folder contents

Lost documents folder contents: Hi, after an automatic Windows 10 update all my documents vanished from the Documents folder - I now believe this was because a temporary profile was set up. Unfortunately I found my documents and returned them to the "new" documents folder. After re-booting, the temporary...
  8. This PC documents content

This PC documents content: I have a surface pro 4 running windows 10 and office 365. I am trying to understand how file storage is meant to work. In the file explorer tab I see: 1. Onedrive Documents etc 2. This PC Documents etc C\User 3. Documents etc 4....
  9. Lost document

Lost document: I was working on the second page of a document and closed down and went to lunch. When I returned and tried to get into the document, I could only get into page two, page one seems to have disappeared and I cannot retrieve it Please help RayTJ...
  10. Contents of folder included in Documents Library not Displayed

in Windows 10 Support
    Contents of folder included in Documents Library not Displayed: I'm using Windows 10 on a Dell laptop with a SSD. I'm keeping many files on an external USB hard drive. I had included the external drive's Documents folder in my Documents library. The File Explorer displayed files and folders on both the internal SSD and the external drive...