Windows 10: Documents linked with desktop?

Discus and support Documents linked with desktop? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I tried moving my documents folder to a new location, in a new drive-through property> location > move. For some reason it linked to my desktop as... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by TharenCandi, Aug 6, 2020.

1. Documents linked with desktop?

I tried moving my documents folder to a new location, in a new drive-through property> location > move. For some reason it linked to my desktop as well, so now my desktop displays the contents in my documents folder. Deleting items on my desktop deletes items from my documents folder. How do I completely reset these system folders? I have already tried "restore default location" but this has not unlinked the folders from each other.

When I open the properties for my documents, it displays as desktop properties. Documents linked with desktop? dc6d90d9-6f17-4eb8-a57c-e14037222cc8?upload=true.png

:)

TharenCandi, Aug 6, 2020
  2. Nikhar_K Win User

Links in Open Office documents doesn’t connect to web

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that links created in Open Office documents doesn’t connect to Web. However, it would be great if you can help us with the details requested below:

• What happens when you click on the links in Open Office document?
    • Do you receive any error message/code? If yes, what is the error message/code?
    • Which browser are you using as default?

Meanwhile, I would suggest you to refer the articles on
    Using hyperlinks
    and
    Hyperlinks and URLs
    and see if that helps.

You may also want to try resetting the file association for HTTP and HTTPS files to default and see if that helps. Refer the steps mentioned below:

1. Press Windows Logo key + I, to open
      Settings.
    2. Click on Apps and select
      Default apps
      from the left pane.
    3. Click on Choose default apps by protocol.
    4. Look for HTTP and HTTPS in the list and makes sure that the protocols are associated with
      Internet Explorer.
    5. If you do not see Internet Explorer associated, click on the application name and select
      Internet Explorer from the list.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Aug 6, 2020
  3. Downloads folder is the Documents folder

Hi Chris,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to Restore to Default the folders and document settings and see if it helps.

Step 1:

Please follow below steps and check if it helps.

• Go to Download folder.
    • Right click on the Download Folder and go to Properties.
    • In Properties go to Location tab.
    • In location Tab Click on Restore Default.

Step 2:

Please follow below steps and check if it helps.

• Go to Documents folder.
    • Right click on the Document folder and go to Properties.
    • In Properties go to Location tab.
    • In location Tab Click on Restore Default.
    After performing above steps change the settings as you required and check if it helps.

Hope these information helps, please get back to us for future support, we’ll be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Prabhavathi Patil, Aug 6, 2020
  4. John Fer Win User

Documents linked with desktop?

documents

Hi Richard,

To sort your documents in your File Explorer by date, we suggest following the steps below:

• Type File Explorer in Cortana search box to open File Explorer.
    • Go to the folder that you want to sort.
    • Click on View that is located on the top part of the window.
    • Click on Sort by.
    • Choose Date.

Your files should be sorted by date with this option.

Let us know if this works for you.

John Fer, Aug 6, 2020
Thema:

Documents linked with desktop?

1. Documents linked with desktop? - Similar Threads - Documents linked desktop

2. Onedrive changes desktop link to %USERPROFILES%\Documents to OneDrive's\Documents folder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Onedrive changes desktop link to %USERPROFILES%\Documents to OneDrive's\Documents folder: This is absolutely driving me nuts.I have a link to the local Documents folder because Onedrive slows down everything I do locally to a crawl. The path is simply this:%USERPROFILE%\DocumentsIt should point to C:\Users\username\DocumentsBut when I double click the link which I...
  3. Onedrive changes desktop link to %USERPROFILES%\Documents to OneDrive's\Documents folder

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Onedrive changes desktop link to %USERPROFILES%\Documents to OneDrive's\Documents folder: This is absolutely driving me nuts.I have a link to the local Documents folder because Onedrive slows down everything I do locally to a crawl. The path is simply this:%USERPROFILE%\DocumentsIt should point to C:\Users\username\DocumentsBut when I double click the link which I...
  4. Onedrive changes desktop link to %USERPROFILES%\Documents to OneDrive's\Documents folder

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. documents linked with dekstop?

documents linked with dekstop?: I tried moving my documents folder to a new location, in a new drive-through property> location > move. For some reason it linked to my desktop as well, so now my desktop displays the contents in my documents folder. Deleting items on my desktop deletes items from my...
  6. Linking documents in word

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Linking documents in word: I have used this forum once in the past and was happy with the response and the solution. I am one of those old guys who learns what is necessary to complete the job at hand, no formal training in Word. I am an Access programmer however. I have written some 50 word documents...
  7. Linking documents in word

in Windows 10 Support
    Linking documents in word: I have used this forum once in the past and was happy with the response and the solution. I am one of those old guys who learns what is necessary to complete the job at hand, no formal training in Word. I am an Access programmer however. I have written some 50 word documents...
  8. Desktop documents

in Windows 10 Customization
    Desktop documents: Hi I have just got a new tablet and all important business documents I had been saving to my desktop and they had been displayed in a list on the left hand side of sceen. I then just physically closed down the screen sitting on top of the keyboard and when I opened it...
  9. Linked Documents Phone and Laptop

Linked Documents Phone and Laptop: I just noticed that all my word and excel documents are showing on my cell phone. I want to have these documents only in my laptop that never leaves my house. They contain personal information. How can I remove this link?...
  10. Document Link and OneDrive

in Windows 10 Support
    Document Link and OneDrive: The documents link in my Start Menu points to OneDrive, as of this moment I have found no way to make it point to my documents. Any idea's? Thanks alan 8873