Windows 10: Documents,Pictures,Desktop file location connected to one drive

Discus and support Documents,Pictures,Desktop file location connected to one drive in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello i am wondering if i get some incite on my issues, firstly i do not use onedrive always preferred other cloud services. My location of... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Joshua Smith 123, Jun 14, 2020.

1. Documents,Pictures,Desktop file location connected to one drive

Hello i am wondering if i get some incite on my issues, firstly i do not use onedrive always preferred other cloud services. My location of Documents,Pictures,Desktop are c/user/name/onedrive from going into my user folder i see a folder called onedrive inside including Documents,Pictures,Desktop i want to know if i can move them. When going to properties location move and restore default it wants to put it back to C/User/name but when i do this it says that the file you are trying to move from c/user/name/onedrive to c/user/name is in the same location.

I Do not have onedrive on my pc so thinking if its a issue and have to worry about it as it cant sync my files to the cloud if it is not installed . Wanting to know if there is a easy way to change this.

Note i did this for Documents,Pictures,Desktop and using this method for desktop worked and has changed just not for Documents,Pictures

Overall it causes no issues to my pc just my OCD is going though the roof.

This never used to be a issue i think it changed as i had to install more office programs for work and also installed onedrive after uninstalling it again i noticed this.

Any help if there is a easy fix to this or it is something i do not need to worry about.

Thanks

:)

Joshua Smith 123, Jun 14, 2020
  2. mrgeek Win User

Correct Directory Location For Pictures Folder

"Now Documents, Videos etc say file location is This PC. But Pictures file location is C:\Users\PeteyBoPetey\Pictures."

If we understand you correctly, the issue is that Pictures doesn't appear in the left panel under This PC. The correct location IS C:\Users\PeteyBoPetey\Pictures. This is only an issue of using Step 8 in the tutorial to add it back to the list. See if this screenshot is what you want to achieve- put Pictures folder back in list on L.

Documents,Pictures,Desktop file location connected to one drive [​IMG]

mrgeek, Jun 14, 2020
  3. Transferring data files

On the old computer:

• Connect external drive with enough space.
    • Copy the files you want to keep onto the external drive.
    • Eject the external drive.

On the new computer:

• Connect the external drive with the files you wanted to copy on it.
    • Copy the files to the similar location on Windows 10 (Documents, Pictures, Music, Desktop, Favorites, etc.)

Done.

Shenan Stanley, Jun 14, 2020
  4. Documents,Pictures,Desktop file location connected to one drive

Changing the background in Windows 10 from picture foders created on the hard drive?

Hi,

Sorry for the delay in response

I would suggest you to try the following steps:

• Open Desktop Background by right clicking on the desktop clicking Personalization

• Click the picture or color that you want to use for your desktop background.

• If the picture you want to use isn't in the list of desktop background pictures, click an item in the Picture location list to see other categories, or click Browse to search for the picture on your computer.
      When you find the picture that you want, double-click it. It will become your desktop background.

Hope this helps.

Waseemulla S, Jun 14, 2020
Thema:

Documents,Pictures,Desktop file location connected to one drive

1. Documents,Pictures,Desktop file location connected to one drive - Similar Threads - Documents Pictures Desktop

2. HELP! Desktop, pictures, documents folder location

in Windows 10 Gaming
    HELP! Desktop, pictures, documents folder location: Hi all,I have recently moved the location of my desktop, and pictures location from the original to d:Unfortunately, upon moving, I did not create a new photo called d:/desktop, d:/pictures etc, but I merely moved it to the root of D:Now, all my desktop files and picture...
  3. HELP! Desktop, pictures, documents folder location

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    HELP! Desktop, pictures, documents folder location: Hi all,I have recently moved the location of my desktop, and pictures location from the original to d:Unfortunately, upon moving, I did not create a new photo called d:/desktop, d:/pictures etc, but I merely moved it to the root of D:Now, all my desktop files and picture...
  4. One drive syncing Documents, Pictures and Desktop automatically

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    One drive syncing Documents, Pictures and Desktop automatically: I enabled onedrive in my pc windows, as it waqs disabled for some time. Some minutes later onedrive started to sync automatically the folders describes above! And worse, it seems that that is no straightforward way to disable this.Total nonsense. They don't even know if I...
  5. One drive syncing Documents, Pictures and Desktop automatically

in Windows 10 Gaming
    One drive syncing Documents, Pictures and Desktop automatically: I enabled onedrive in my pc windows, as it waqs disabled for some time. Some minutes later onedrive started to sync automatically the folders describes above! And worse, it seems that that is no straightforward way to disable this.Total nonsense. They don't even know if I...
  6. One drive syncing Documents, Pictures and Desktop automatically

7. Location of "Pictures" and "Documents" on Hard Drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Location of "Pictures" and "Documents" on Hard Drive: My Windows 10 laptop died. I pulled the hard drive out and have it in a case which I can connect to new laptop Windows 11. I am unable to find "Pictures," "Documents," Where do I look? I don't seem to be able to find or access "my" files and folders, only System folders....
  8. Location of "Pictures" and "Documents" on Hard Drive

Location of "Pictures" and "Documents" on Hard Drive: My Windows 10 laptop died. I pulled the hard drive out and have it in a case which I can connect to new laptop Windows 11. I am unable to find "Pictures," "Documents," Where do I look? I don't seem to be able to find or access "my" files and folders, only System folders....
  9. Location of "Pictures" and "Documents" on Hard Drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  10. Documents and pictures file location set to one drive

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Documents and pictures file location set to one drive: So my documents and pictures are at the location of c/user/username/onedrive i want to change it to just c/user.username i have unlinked onedrive from pc and unistalled i have tried restore default and it wont let me as it says you cant move a folder thats in the same...