Windows 10: documents to be shared by all users

Discus and support documents to be shared by all users in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; If I want the documents to be shared by all users,should I put them in "C:\users\all users\Documents" ? Same for Downloads, Desktop, Pictures,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by doncole, Jan 16, 2017.

1. doncole Win User

documents to be shared by all users

If I want the documents to be shared by all users,should I put them in
    "C:\users\all users\Documents" ?

Same for Downloads, Desktop, Pictures, Music etc...?

Thanks,
    Don Cole

:)

doncole, Jan 16, 2017
  2. garym123 Win User

I have Office 365 on my Nokia phone and Office 2013 on my Windows PC, they don't seem to communicate?

The phone requires no setup for home users. Office is already installed. Business users may require a personal phone with a business account. This requires a setup.

The phone MS account and the PC 365 MS account for home users have to be the same. This is so all users share the same OneDrive account and all users will have access to documents on OneDrive.

The relationship is having all users on the 365 account to be able to easily share and have access to the same documents.

garym123, Jan 16, 2017
  3. DaveM121 Win User
    Unable to share

Hi Valerie,

Windows provides a folder that all users on a PC can share . . .

Open Windows File Explorer (folder icon on your Task bar

Navigate to C:\Users\Public\Public Documents

On each users account, right click that Public Documents Folder and choose 'Send to Desktop (Create a shortcut)

Copy any files or folders in there that you want to share with another user on your PC

DaveM121, Jan 16, 2017
  4. eLPuSHeR Win User

I think it's c:\users\public\ on Win10. I am not really sure and it's not a dumb question by all means.

eLPuSHeR, Jan 16, 2017
  5. doncole Win User
    Thank you eLPuSHeR,

I thought it was dumb because I thought it was self explanatory.

I guess it wasn't.

• documents to be shared by all users [​IMG]

Don Cole

doncole, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. documents to be shared by all users - Similar Threads - documents shared users

2. Do shared user profiles apps modify the apps for all other users?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Do shared user profiles apps modify the apps for all other users?: So I'm using a PC with two different Microsoft user profiles and want to share apps between these users, so all of them can use the installed apps. My question is, if one user uses and modifies the app, does it modify it the same for all the other users or do these changes in...
  3. Document Folders Sharing

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Document Folders Sharing: Can 2 windows PCs share Document folders which are on a remote drive. And when I say shared, I mean both PC's moving the location of the document folders to the same remote folder. Both PC's are logged in with the same MS user account. I already do it this way with one PC and...
  4. Document Folders Sharing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Document Folders Sharing: Can 2 windows PCs share Document folders which are on a remote drive. And when I say shared, I mean both PC's moving the location of the document folders to the same remote folder. Both PC's are logged in with the same MS user account. I already do it this way with one PC and...
  5. Document Folders Sharing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. Sharing documents between 2 users on a laptop

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Sharing documents between 2 users on a laptop: Ho w do you share all the documents between 2 different family member accounts https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sharing-documents-between-2-users-on-a-laptop/c57adc3b-51a5-47c3-bfc3-de3a70e7fa74
  7. Sharing scanned document

in Cortana
    Sharing scanned document: I'm unable to share a scanned document. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sharing-scanned-document/2a1186ef-0a8d-41f1-ba95-c1cf345f07c2
  8. Shortcut to a DOCUMENT in Shared File

Shortcut to a DOCUMENT in Shared File: Is there a way to create a shortcut to a particular file in a shared file and not just a short cut to the whole shared filed? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/shortcut-to-a-document-in-shared-file/fe47d47f-9059-41b8-b9e0-851a01e751d8"
  9. Users Cannot open documents from Network share

Users Cannot open documents from Network share: Server is SBS2011 There are several shares on the server where a handful of users can see the files, but when attempting to open the files get an error: "Sorry, we couldn't find the (path of file). It is possible it was moved, renamed or deleted. " [ATTACH] The share...
  10. How to Unlock "Users\All Users\Documents folder

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    How to Unlock "Users\All Users\Documents folder: The general method to change ownership is not working Please suggest some other method 55163