Windows 10: Documents--What the Heck?

Discus and support Documents--What the Heck? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; What in the name of heaven is going on? I now have Windows 11, and very sorry to have it, as it's just awful.WHERE THE HELL ARE MY DOCUMENTS PUT? It is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by LKlindalou, Mar 20, 2023.

1. Documents--What the Heck?

What in the name of heaven is going on? I now have Windows 11, and very sorry to have it, as it's just awful.WHERE THE HELL ARE MY DOCUMENTS PUT? It is beyond nuts. Windows 11 gives me a file folder that is like a piece of paper with lines--it says "Documents." But what's in it? Files that say Dell, Legacy Family Tree, and Microsoft Hardware. What in the heck?Meanwhile, my actual Documents file is somewhere else entirely, and I have to click a million things to get to it: This PC, Users, My Name, Documents. What the heck?Thank you for your help.

:)

LKlindalou, Mar 20, 2023

2. Downloads folder is the Documents folder

Hi Chris,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to Restore to Default the folders and document settings and see if it helps.

Step 1:

Please follow below steps and check if it helps.

• Go to Download folder.
    • Right click on the Download Folder and go to Properties.
    • In Properties go to Location tab.
    • In location Tab Click on Restore Default.

Step 2:

Please follow below steps and check if it helps.

• Go to Documents folder.
    • Right click on the Document folder and go to Properties.
    • In Properties go to Location tab.
    • In location Tab Click on Restore Default.
    After performing above steps change the settings as you required and check if it helps.

Hope these information helps, please get back to us for future support, we’ll be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Prabhavathi Patil, Mar 20, 2023
  3. John Fer Win User
    documents

Hi Richard,

To sort your documents in your File Explorer by date, we suggest following the steps below:

• Type File Explorer in Cortana search box to open File Explorer.
    • Go to the folder that you want to sort.
    • Click on View that is located on the top part of the window.
    • Click on Sort by.
    • Choose Date.

Your files should be sorted by date with this option.

Let us know if this works for you.

John Fer, Mar 20, 2023
  4. Documents--What the Heck?

How to burn a document to a cd in windows 10

Hi Elaine,

To assist you better, answer the below questions

• Are you facing any difficulties to burn a document to a cd?
    • Are you using any third party tool to burn a document to a cd?
    I suggest you to follow below steps to burn cd and check if it helps.

• Insert CD/DVD.
    • Open the CD/DVD drive in File explorer
      icon from the taskbar, copy and paste the required document to the
      CD/DVD drive.
    • Click on Burn a Disc.
    • Follow on the on screen instruction.
    Hope the information was helpful. If you need further assistance, we will be glad to assist you.

Ashwin V S, Mar 20, 2023
Thema:

Documents--What the Heck?

1. Documents--What the Heck? - Similar Threads - Documents Heck

2. In word document my hyperlink is not blue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    In word document my hyperlink is not blue: In my word document my hyperlink all of a sudden is no longer blue. How do I get my hyperlink back to blue https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/in-word-document-my-hyperlink-is-not-blue/5aacef2e-44a0-41e2-98c7-5be10eb01e6f
  3. In word document my hyperlink is not blue

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    In word document my hyperlink is not blue: In my word document my hyperlink all of a sudden is no longer blue. How do I get my hyperlink back to blue https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/in-word-document-my-hyperlink-is-not-blue/5aacef2e-44a0-41e2-98c7-5be10eb01e6f
  4. How can I replace numbers with document names in Word?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I replace numbers with document names in Word?: My document have numbers instead of my file names. I want to replace the numbers with my file names. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-replace-numbers-with-document-names-in/5db0b361-f567-47bd-a1d4-677d2a1eeb81
  5. How can I replace numbers with document names in Word?

How can I replace numbers with document names in Word?: My document have numbers instead of my file names. I want to replace the numbers with my file names. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-replace-numbers-with-document-names-in/5db0b361-f567-47bd-a1d4-677d2a1eeb81
  6. How can I replace numbers with document names in Word?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  7. Missing documents, new user???

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Missing documents, new user???: I have Windows 11. I was deleting folders from an external drive. After deleting a number of folders I tried to open my document folder on my computer. There was nothing in it. I checked the trash thinking I mistakenly deleted the folder, nothing there. I tried searching for...
  8. Missing documents, new user???

Missing documents, new user???: I have Windows 11. I was deleting folders from an external drive. After deleting a number of folders I tried to open my document folder on my computer. There was nothing in it. I checked the trash thinking I mistakenly deleted the folder, nothing there. I tried searching for...
  9. How to insert document or image without getting an unknown error? - whiteboard

How to insert document or image without getting an unknown error? - whiteboard: Whenever I try to insert a document or an image into whiteboard, it gives me an "unknown error message" with this underneath:Whiteboard Correlation Id: 4624498b-5be9-40c8-89e7-f760bd98d5c82024-04-22T05:28:22.819ZHow can I fix this so I can insert images and documents into my...
  10. Documents--What the Heck?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Documents--What the Heck?: What in the name of heaven is going on? I now have Windows 11, and very sorry to have it, as it's just awful.WHERE THE HELL ARE MY DOCUMENTS PUT? It is beyond nuts. Windows 11 gives me a file folder that is like a piece of paper with lines--it says "Documents." But what's in...