Windows 10: Documents won't open from recent list on taskbar

Discus and support Documents won't open from recent list on taskbar in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I have applications (e.g. Word, Excel) pinned to the taskbar. You used to be able to click on a list of recent documents and then that would open the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Sdrum, Jun 15, 2019.

1. Sdrum Win User

Documents won't open from recent list on taskbar

I have applications (e.g. Word, Excel) pinned to the taskbar. You used to be able to click on a list of recent documents and then that would open the document. Now after the latest W10 Feature update, when you click on any of the documents nothing happens. The application doesn;t launch, nor does the document open. I have replicated this with Excel, Word and Powerpoint.

:)

Sdrum, Jun 15, 2019
  2. esmorax Win User

Windows 10 Office 365 cannot open files from: recent file list

Thanks for the tip! I followed all above steps.

So far I can open files from the Recent files list when I enter Word itself, however I still am unable to open any documents using the Word icon pinned to the taskbar:

Documents won't open from recent list on taskbar [​IMG]

-

esmorax, Jun 15, 2019
  3. eidairaman1, Jun 15, 2019
  4. Documents won't open from recent list on taskbar

Recently opened documents in Start Menu - jump lists not working?

Hello,

After a (relatively) uncomplicated install, I find that I can't get recently opened documents to show up in the Start Menu. I've checked the settings, turned off and then back on the "Show recently opened items in Jump Lists on Start or taskbar" toggle,
    and looked up the wiki article here about Recent Documents for Windows 10. No dice. The only Jump List that pops up is the one for File Explorer. Hovering over or right clicking on my pinned applications like Word or Excel doesn't bring up a jump list.
    Pity, really, since that was a feature I quite liked in my old version of Windows.

Anyone else having this issue or have any tips? Most internet searches have instructions for previous Windows versions, not 10.

TIA.

balletbookworm, Jun 15, 2019
Thema:

Documents won't open from recent list on taskbar

1. Documents won't open from recent list on taskbar - Similar Threads - Documents won't open

2. Recent Documents list on Home only shows the 10 most recently opened documents

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Recent Documents list on Home only shows the 10 most recently opened documents: I had been advised to repost this question under the Windows category to hopefully get the proper support. Original discussion here:...
  3. Recent Documents list on Home only shows the 10 most recently opened documents

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Recent Documents list on Home only shows the 10 most recently opened documents: I had been advised to repost this question under the Windows category to hopefully get the proper support. Original discussion here:...
  4. Recent Documents list on Home only shows the 10 most recently opened documents

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Applications won't open from taskbar

in Windows 10 Customization
    Applications won't open from taskbar: There 2 problems that I'm facing after reinstalling windows 10. 1. some app can't be pinned to taskbar 2. some app can't be opened from taskbar, a message as below will show up when I click on the icon: [ATTACH]...
  6. Enabling the Quick Access Recent Documents List

Enabling the Quick Access Recent Documents List: My list of Recent Documents is not showing up in either my Task Bar or Start Menu. I have opened Word Options / Advanced, and selected to display 10 recent documents, but they're not showing up. They used to show up, but suddenly not anymore. My Excel still shows its...
  7. Documents won't open

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Documents won't open: I had to reinstall Windows 10 had my Documents folder on my D drive. Windows is installed on C drive. Every time I try to open a document i get You do not have permission to open this doc. I am the admin and no other users. I tried every thing I could think of. Any ideas why...
  8. Recent documents not showing on taskbar

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Recent documents not showing on taskbar: Hello. My recent documents are not showing up on the taskbar. I've tried several solutions and nothing seemed to work. The "quick access" is activated and working, showing the recent files. The option " Show Recently opened ..." on Start settings is activated as well....
  9. outlook 365 recently opened mail not showing in taskbar list

outlook 365 recently opened mail not showing in taskbar list: outlook 365 recently opened mail not showing in taskbar list https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/outlook-365-recently-opened-mail-not-showing-in/65a63681-101a-4c46-9e01-5b1aaa90fa01
  10. outlook 365 recently opened mail not showing in taskbar list

outlook 365 recently opened mail not showing in taskbar list: outlook 365 recently opened mail not showing in taskbar list https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/outlook-365-recently-opened-mail-not-showing-in/cb77cdf5-9e7d-4b66-a381-031cf51b4d9d

Users found this page by searching for:

1. unable to open word from task bar

2. pinned excel list wont open

3. unable to open recent excel file from task bar

4. why doesnt the file in the taskbar open,
  5. task bar wont open recent documents,
  6. How do we open recent documents that wont open,
  7. word wont open from taskbar,
  8. excel wont open from recent history on taskbar,
  9. windows wont open from taskbar,
  10. recent wont open from task bar,
  11. taskbar pinned items wont open,