Windows 10: Documents won't open

Discus and support Documents won't open in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I had to reinstall Windows 10 had my Documents folder on my D drive. Windows is installed on C drive. Every time I try to open a document i get You do... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Tigeromega, Jul 18, 2020.

1. Documents won't open

I had to reinstall Windows 10 had my Documents folder on my D drive. Windows is installed on C drive. Every time I try to open a document i get You do not have permission to open this doc. I am the admin and no other users. I tried every thing I could think of. Any ideas why it won't let me open doc files. I have no other problems just this one.

:)

Tigeromega, Jul 18, 2020
  2. Peer_Sam Win User

Can't open documents

Hi Marilyn,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

In order to narrow down the issue and provide appropriate troubleshooting steps, please reply with answers to the questions below.

1. Is it any specific document, a document type or all documents, you are unable to open?
    2. What happens when you try to open the documents?
    3. Do you get any error message while trying to open the documents?

We look forward for your reply.

Peer Samie

Microsoft Community-Moderator

Peer_Sam, Jul 18, 2020
  3. newtekie1 Win User
    Windows boots, My Documents auto opens. WTF?

That was going to be my first suggestion. *Toast :toast:

newtekie1, Jul 18, 2020
  4. I2Believe Win User

Documents won't open

Sony Sound Forge 7 won't open since Windows 10 upgrade

Tried to open my registered Sony Sound Forge 7 software program today and realized that since Windows 10 upgrade, like some other software programs affected, this one won't open.

(1) Tried some of the suggestions in regedit but didn't see all of the Sony entries listed in the steps

(2) Tried opening with "run as administrator" - didn't work.

Any suggestions?

I2Believe, Jul 18, 2020
Thema:

Documents won't open

1. Documents won't open - Similar Threads - Documents won't open

2. Documents Won't Open Inside A Subfolder

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Documents Won't Open Inside A Subfolder: I have a few documents inside a subfolder and whenever I double-click or right-click and then select 'open' it won't open, however, if I move the subfolder to another location e.g. desktop - it will open without any problem. It only happens to this specific folder with its...
  3. Documents Won't Open Inside A Subfolder

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Documents Won't Open Inside A Subfolder: I have a few documents inside a subfolder and whenever I double-click or right-click and then select 'open' it won't open, however, if I move the subfolder to another location e.g. desktop - it will open without any problem. It only happens to this specific folder with its...
  4. Text Documents and Notepads Won't Open?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Text Documents and Notepads Won't Open?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/chqnging [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/jub4yq/text_documents_and_notepads_wont_open/
  5. Word and Word documents won't open properly

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Word and Word documents won't open properly: Windows 10 Version 1903(OS build 18362.900 Hello everyone - my first time here :) I have Microsoft Office365 legitimately shared with me (via a link) from my son-in-law who has a subscription. I've had it on my PC for about 7 weeks and only been using Word which has been...
  6. Wordpad Document won't open in full

Wordpad Document won't open in full: Hi Guys I have 2 Wordpad documents which are exactly the same size 20.6MB. One opens in full and the whole document is view-able, the other opens but only half the document is view-able although both are 20.6MB. Many thanks in advance. 143317
  7. Microsoft Office won't open any document

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Microsoft Office won't open any document: I've been unable to open any Word doc. I received a Windows updated notice and remember clicking on something to sync to all devices. I've reinstalled Office. I've run both short and long-term repairs. Can you help me please?...
  8. Documents won't open from recent list on taskbar

in Windows 10 Customization
    Documents won't open from recent list on taskbar: I have applications (e.g. Word, Excel) pinned to the taskbar. You used to be able to click on a list of recent documents and then that would open the document. Now after the latest W10 Feature update, when you click on any of the documents nothing happens. The application...
  9. Opening documents

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Opening documents: Hi All I seem to be stuck with windows opening all my documents as pictures or in picture format. Won't let me select any other option. Any ideas? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/opening-documents/e3c76a53-fe2b-4a65-8e9c-a51b62c197db"
  10. Opening a document that I've saved and won't open with anything

Opening a document that I've saved and won't open with anything: I have a document that won't open. I've saved it and when I put it in and I can't get it to open with anything. Could you please help me with it? Marcia Coons...