Windows 10: .Docx and other office related files duplicated

Discus and support .Docx and other office related files duplicated in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hi, when I open a office file, a copy of it, but less visible appears and I'm concerned about it, it is a virus? If yes, what can I do about it?... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Yetzrai AbisaiVazquez, May 25, 2021.

1. .Docx and other office related files duplicated

Hi, when I open a office file, a copy of it, but less visible appears and I'm concerned about it, it is a virus? If yes, what can I do about it?

:)

Yetzrai AbisaiVazquez, May 25, 2021
  2. Randy_68 Win User

File extension *.docx

I already did all the steps you suggested but MS Office 2013 ignored my change and defaulted to *.docx. Is there some other solution?

Randy_68, May 25, 2021
  3. comments and tags in docx files don't display in explorer file folders

Hi Charles,

We would need more information regarding your concern about the description of your .docx files. To better assist you with your concern, kindly answer the following questions:

• Have you always experienced this issue with .docx files?
    • Were you able to add some description on your .docx files? If yes, what were the steps that you took in adding descriptions to your .docx files?
    • Is this issue only happening with .docx files?

We look forward to your response.

Joshua Her1, May 25, 2021
  4. DaveM121 Win User

.Docx and other office related files duplicated

system Docx

Hi Jean

Do you have Microsoft Office installed on your PC, if so, those should open in Word, and the file association may be broken . . .

Follow these steps to perform a full repair of your Office installation . . .

Open Control Panel - Programs and Features

Click Microsoft Office in the list of installed applications

At the top, click 'Change'

On the resulting dialog, click 'Repair' - choose the Online Repair, it is a comprehensive fix

That should fix any issues with your Office Installation . . .

If you do not have Microsoft Office, right click a docx file and choose Properties, then click 'Change' on the resulting dialog, and from the resulting list, choose Wordpad to open that file . . .

DaveM121, May 25, 2021
Thema:

.Docx and other office related files duplicated

1. .Docx and other office related files duplicated - Similar Threads - Docx office related

2. Explorer cannot search text in .docx/.xlsx files, but can in other files

in Cortana
    Explorer cannot search text in .docx/.xlsx files, but can in other files: Split from this thread.Hi i have exactly the same problem on 2 windows 11 PCs, but apparently not on my windows 11 PCs. Its specifically indexing of only docx file content that is broken. Any other ideas as specified above ?thanksNolan...
  3. Explorer cannot search text in .docx/.xlsx files, but can in other files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Explorer cannot search text in .docx/.xlsx files, but can in other files: Split from this thread.Hi i have exactly the same problem on 2 windows 11 PCs, but apparently not on my windows 11 PCs. Its specifically indexing of only docx file content that is broken. Any other ideas as specified above ?thanksNolan...
  4. Explorer cannot search text in .docx/.xlsx files, but can in other files

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Explorer cannot search text in .docx/.xlsx files, but can in other files

in Cortana
    Explorer cannot search text in .docx/.xlsx files, but can in other files: Split from this thread.Hii have exactly the same probem on 2 different PCs both running windows 11. It seems not to be broken on my other windows 10 PCs.Please fix this asap as this is critical. I have tried the above to no help. I checked on my windows 11 pc and windows 10...
  6. Explorer cannot search text in .docx/.xlsx files, but can in other files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Explorer cannot search text in .docx/.xlsx files, but can in other files: Split from this thread.Hii have exactly the same probem on 2 different PCs both running windows 11. It seems not to be broken on my other windows 10 PCs.Please fix this asap as this is critical. I have tried the above to no help. I checked on my windows 11 pc and windows 10...
  7. Explorer cannot search text in .docx/.xlsx files, but can in other files

8. Explorer cannot search text in .docx/.xlsx files, but can in other files

in Cortana
    Explorer cannot search text in .docx/.xlsx files, but can in other files: I am using MS Office Home & Student 2019. I am using Windows 11. I cannot find the answer to this problem anywhere. I think the problem started when I upgraded from Windows 10 to 11.Windows Explorer will not search for text within .docx and .xlsx files, but it will find text...
  9. Preview Pane, doc, docx, xlsx - by other than MS Office?

Preview Pane, doc, docx, xlsx - by other than MS Office?: Hi, in order to see a preview of document formats other than the default types supported by Windows, a preview handler is needed. PDF readers often supply one for .pdf's; MS Office does for office document types. Do you know of any other office-type program that provides a...
  10. Can't delete a docx file

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can't delete a docx file: It will not open or delete or be renamed https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-delete-a-docx-file/08884c9b-17de-40c2-be3c-363f4121d771"