Windows 10: DOCX Document is Not Displaying Properly

Discus and support DOCX Document is Not Displaying Properly in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi, my professor has Word 2016 and I have WPS Writer. I recently sent in a document that I made in WPS Writer and my teacher got it and displayed it in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Heather R. 1994, Sep 4, 2018.

1. DOCX Document is Not Displaying Properly

Hi, my professor has Word 2016 and I have WPS Writer. I recently sent in a document that I made in WPS Writer and my teacher got it and displayed it in Word 2016. Anyway, the document is not displaying properly for her and as a result I lost some points. I recently got the opportunity to resubmit it. What can I do to ensure the document displays like it should? Should I make it read only, should I take a screenshot of it then paste the image into the word program and then save it as docx? Bare in mind I cannot get Word 2016 right now, and my professor had told me she will only accept docx documents and she will only use Word 2016. Do you have any suggestions?

:)

Heather R. 1994, Sep 4, 2018

2. windows phone .docx does not display properly

on my Lumina 1020, I attempt to open any docx file from dropbox or email and it does not display properly. For example, a docx file that was made using word10 has images and text boxes. When I try to view it on my phone, all that is shown is 1 image from
    the original docx file (the one that is on top of the other elements). Also, a similar docx file with images and text, but no text boxes, displays all of the content; however, it is jumbled and out of order.

this is not a user error. If I make a file using word on my PC and then email it to open on my phone, it should display (in word) on my phone exactly as it was made on my PC. It works fine on an iPhone and an android.

pretty sad that apple can view word docx better than windows can.

mjgray1136, Sep 4, 2018
  3. Microsoft Wordpad Missing Docx Save Type

Hi Mark,

Updated WordPad versions cannot save files in .doc or .docx format anymore, unlike the previous versions. For us to convert the .txt file to .docx format, we suggest that you follow these steps:

• Right-click on the .txt file. Select Open with, and then click on
      Choose another app.
    • How do you want to open this file? window will pop up. If you can't see the
      Word app from the list of options, click on More apps, and the select
      Word.
    • The document will now open in Word app. Click on File tab.
    • On the left pane, select Save As.
    • On the right pane, select Word Document (*.docx) from the drop down box.
    • Click on Save button.

Let us know if the steps above helped you to resolve your concern.

Janeane Cru, Sep 4, 2018
  4. DOCX Document is Not Displaying Properly

comments and tags in docx files don't display in explorer file folders

Hi Charles,

We would need more information regarding your concern about the description of your .docx files. To better assist you with your concern, kindly answer the following questions:

• Have you always experienced this issue with .docx files?
    • Were you able to add some description on your .docx files? If yes, what were the steps that you took in adding descriptions to your .docx files?
    • Is this issue only happening with .docx files?

We look forward to your response.

Joshua Her1, Sep 4, 2018
Thema:

DOCX Document is Not Displaying Properly

1. DOCX Document is Not Displaying Properly - Similar Threads - DOCX Document Displaying

2. docx documents unreadable content

in Windows 10 Gaming
    docx documents unreadable content: Hi, Many of my docx documents were still readable in June this year. But they suddenly became unreadable today. When I tried to open them with Word, I saw this message: Word found unreadable content in [name].docx. Do you want to recover the contents of this document? If you...
  3. docx documents unreadable content

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    docx documents unreadable content: Hi, Many of my docx documents were still readable in June this year. But they suddenly became unreadable today. When I tried to open them with Word, I saw this message: Word found unreadable content in [name].docx. Do you want to recover the contents of this document? If you...
  4. Cannot attach a .docx document in a browser - Windows 10 issue

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Cannot attach a .docx document in a browser - Windows 10 issue: This is a recurring issue with no solution. I saw several posts with no good answers.I cannot attach a .docx document in any browser Chrome or Edge. Once you click on the file, the Open window freezes. The issue is apparently around a Word process starting when you choose a...
  5. How do I convert a .TXT document to a .DOCX document? Sent to me as an attachment to me in...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How do I convert a .TXT document to a .DOCX document? Sent to me as an attachment to me in...: How do you convert from .TXT to .DOCX? PLEASE HELP. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-convert-a-txt-document-to-a-docx-document/96a5a020-e126-40a6-9e22-443ba4b43b7c
  6. system Docx

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    system Docx: Cannot opening files of Docx, why? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/system-docx/a5d400d4-975c-4a20-9add-5d5b1e180ba9
  7. Lost .docx document

Lost .docx document: My son is using office.com under teams to do school assignments as set up by the school. Tonight he was working on an ELA assignment. He thought he was saving it to submit. I remember a message asking him to sign back into Microsoft. The document is nowhere to be found. I...
  8. HTML document is not displayed properly

HTML document is not displayed properly: I have saved an HTML document I made on my computer. Windows 10 home I can open this document on my computer and check it. However, when I send it as an attachment on an email the recipient cannot see its contents. It can open it but the contents are not displayed. I've tried...
  9. .docx files not displaying in File Explorer dialogue box

.docx files not displaying in File Explorer dialogue box: when using another app / program, when I 'select file' the File Explorer dialogue box opens, but none of my .docx files are listed. This has only started happening since the update earlier this week (w/c 04/02/2019). Can see in Community that others had this problem with...
  10. how to search keywords inside a docx document??

in Windows 10 Support
    how to search keywords inside a docx document??: I mean. I have many many docx documents under a directory. I can remember there is one keywords in the lines of the document, but I don't know which document it is. And the filename does not contain the keyword. How can I find out which document it is among many docx files...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. .docx not displaying properly in word

2. docx document not showing correctly

3. docx xlsx not displayed correctly

4. docx file not displaying properly,
  5. attached document in word not showing properly,
  6. word document not displaying correctly word 2016,
  7. docx not opening correctly,
  8. I save docx file but it does not diplay correctly