Windows 10: docx : win explorer doesn't respond

Discus and support docx : win explorer doesn't respond in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Earlier today I downloaded a document from google drive, saving it as a docx file. It seems download has succeeded. Tried renaming the file: win... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by jpc4it, Sep 29, 2020.

1. jpc4it Win User

docx : win explorer doesn't respond

Earlier today I downloaded a document from google drive, saving it as a docx file.

It seems download has succeeded.

Tried renaming the file: win explorer doesn't respond / hangs.

Tried opening the file: same.

Tried renaming another docx file: same.

Right click on any docx file: same.

What may have caused this situation I didn't have a problem with docx before.

Is something wrong in the registry / file assoc. ?

How can I solve this ?

Thanks!

:)

jpc4it, Sep 29, 2020
  2. MD_935 Win User

Windows 10 doesn´t recogonize .docx extension / suggests thereis no app installed

When i want to open a docx file, Windows doesn´t recognize the extension. When I try to associate the extension with Word I cannot, as ´there is no app´ installed for the extension... How to fix?

MD_935, Sep 29, 2020
  3. BetoLP Win User
    Windows doesn`t start. Authomatic repair doesn`t work.

Thanks again!!

I`m sorry I had not noticed that the text on the picture was in spanish. It says that windows has replaced some damaged clusters in "name" file and "directory". Then, at the end "an unspecified error occurred (75736e6a726e6c2e 4f6)".

I`ll do it and I`ll be updating this thread when I have the report.

- - - Updated - - -

I ran SeaTools. These are the results:

docx : win explorer doesn't respond [​IMG]

Does it mean my HDD is useless?

BetoLP, Sep 29, 2020
  4. SK_808 Win User

Windows 10: Internet Explorer doesn´t start

Hello,

after Upgrade to Win 10 and a Reset of Windows (Clear Install) Internet Explorer doesn´t start. All Updates are installed. No changes in Internet options done so far.

A deinst an new inst via windows functions do not lead to new situation.

What else can I check?

Regards

SK

[moved to en-us forum]

SK_808, Sep 29, 2020
Thema:

1. docx : win explorer doesn't respond - Similar Threads - docx explorer doesn't

2. File Explorer Search not working for .docx files

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    File Explorer Search not working for .docx files: I am a Windows 11 user. When I search for a word in File Explorer, unless the word is in a filename, the search results do not return the appropriate .docx files. The search results do return pdf, xls, txt, and Microsoft Word 97 - 2003 documents. I have tried a bunch of...
  3. File explorer often doesn't respond

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File explorer often doesn't respond: I have an issue with a pc I recently built, where file explorer stops responding after a little while, and whenever I try to open it again it just opens to this, and I am unable to move or x out of the window.Going into task manager and restarting windows explorer doesn't...
  4. File explorer often doesn't respond

File explorer often doesn't respond: I have an issue with a pc I recently built, where file explorer stops responding after a little while, and whenever I try to open it again it just opens to this, and I am unable to move or x out of the window.Going into task manager and restarting windows explorer doesn't...
  5. Windows Explorer not searching docx file contents

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Explorer not searching docx file contents: Hi all,Recently Windows Explorer stopped finding .docx files when I search for a specific word. I know that these files contain the words that I am searching for, and I have tried lots of things:"Search in file contents" is enabled.docx files are set to have names and...
  6. Windows Explorer not searching docx file contents

Windows Explorer not searching docx file contents: Hi all,Recently Windows Explorer stopped finding .docx files when I search for a specific word. I know that these files contain the words that I am searching for, and I have tried lots of things:"Search in file contents" is enabled.docx files are set to have names and...
  7. Explorer Not Responding

Explorer Not Responding: Hi, I recently encountered in Windows Explorer, when I right-click a file, the explorer will shown no responding, until I end task or click on the "X". I have dump the explorer dmp file, how to analysis the root cause? any help please? 165241
  8. Include .docx footnotes in Windows explorer search

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Include .docx footnotes in Windows explorer search: Windows explorer search using the search box doesn't find content in footnotes in .docx. It works with endnotes. Any way to make it work with footnotes as well? Or is there an alternative to Windows search which is able to do it? Best....
  9. Whenever I try to open .docx any office file the file explorer crash and not responding...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Whenever I try to open .docx any office file the file explorer crash and not responding...: My laptop is Acer Aspire 3 Windows 10 Version 1909 OS Build 18363.778 Source Windows Explorer Summary Stopped responding and was closed Date ‎23-‎04-‎2020 14:23 Status Report sent Description A problem caused this program to stop interacting with...
  10. Explorer not responding

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Explorer not responding: MS Explorer gives me a not responding error when trying to open MS Word, Excel. This issue wasn't present when I first purchased the computer in June. What could be causing this?...