Windows 10: Does a HP 180 W PSU have the capability to run three large screens?

Discus and support Does a HP 180 W PSU have the capability to run three large screens? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I am endeavoring to determine the load on my power supply as a first step in in sizing a new Battery Back-Up Power Supply. That thought led me to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by mikeincousa, Dec 10, 2020.

1. Does a HP 180 W PSU have the capability to run three large screens?

I am endeavoring to determine the load on my power supply as a first step in in sizing a new Battery Back-Up Power Supply.

That thought led me to purchase a Kill-O-Watt meter. I have been thinking that I would start by measuring the loads of my current components: Computer alone, then add monitor 1, then replace it with monitor 2, then add up the values to get a total load. Maybe this is not a good take?

I am using two large screen monitors now without any noticeable decay in performance.

Ultimately I would like to add two more monitors and a battery back-up with a significant run times ideally an hour or more.

Digging in I have been reading up on PS's.

It occurred to me that I may be on a Fool's Mission with this computer?

I will appreciate guidance on the measuring and sizing and determining the limits of my current machine's power supply.

Thanks for any thoughts.

:)

mikeincousa, Dec 10, 2020
  2. zbook Win User

HP Envy TouchSmart 4-1115dx NO TOUCH in Win10 /w SSD

HP ENVY TouchSmart Sleekbook 4-1115dx More Support Options | HP® Customer Support

See if you can run through these troubleshooting steps:

HP PCs - Troubleshooting Touch Screen Issues (WindowsÂ*10, 8) | HP® Customer Support

Step 1: Confirm the computer has a touch screen
    Step 2: Enable and reinstall the touch screen driver in Device Manager
    Step 3: Configure the touch display
    Step 4: Install Windows updates
    Step 5: Perform a touch screen diagnostic test in HP Hardware Diagnostics
    Step 6: Adjust the power management settings for your touch screen
    Step 7: Perform a hard reset (notebook PCs) or full shutdown and restart (All-in-One PCs)
    Step 8: Update the BIOS and graphics driver

zbook, Dec 10, 2020
  3. bobkn Win User
    Will a 300 W video card work with a 270 W PSU ?

I notice that the other posters missed an essential point: you write that your PC requires a low profile card. A full height card won't fit at all.

If you need a low-profile GT 710, they exist:

http://www.evga.com/Products/Product...02G-P3-2713-KR

The card doesn't need an auxiliary PCI-E power connection. The maximum power used by it is 25W. Your CPU (Intel E7400) has a TDP of 65W. I doubt that you'd need a 300W PSU with that combination.

A also see that the Pavilion was sold with a GT 220 card, which needs up to 58W. (I'm not sure that the PSU is the same, but I'd bet that it is.)

A suggestion: don't sink much money into an old Socket 775 system.

bobkn, Dec 10, 2020
  4. KLund1 Win User

Does a HP 180 W PSU have the capability to run three large screens?

HP Envy TouchSmart 4-1115dx NO TOUCH in Win10 /w SSD

Thanks for the long reply! The effort is much appreciated!
    My responses in bold

Again many thanks.
    Any other thoughts or suggestions, from anyone??

KLund1, Dec 10, 2020
Thema:

Does a HP 180 W PSU have the capability to run three large screens?

1. Does a HP 180 W PSU have the capability to run three large screens? - Similar Threads - Does 180 PSU

2. 180 GB Bluray

in Windows 10 Gaming
    180 GB Bluray: I bought a 100GB BDXL disc for $12. When I went to format the disc in explorer, it formatted but then it said that the disc was 180GB, which was not true. I can no longer write to the disc with explorer, and I have to use a Hex editor to write to it. Disk management will not...
  3. HP Laptop w/ Win11 Screen Turning Off

in Windows 10 Gaming
    HP Laptop w/ Win11 Screen Turning Off: Thanks in advance for any assistance.I was recently given a new HP Pavilion x360 Convertible laptop with Windows 11 x64-based for work.I went into settings and changed turn off and sleep settings to Never for both battery and powered use. I am still seeing the screen shut of...
  4. HP Laptop w/ Win11 Screen Turning Off

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    HP Laptop w/ Win11 Screen Turning Off: Thanks in advance for any assistance.I was recently given a new HP Pavilion x360 Convertible laptop with Windows 11 x64-based for work.I went into settings and changed turn off and sleep settings to Never for both battery and powered use. I am still seeing the screen shut of...
  5. Psu

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Psu: Greetings, Not sure if it’s windows related. As a routine, after I shut down computer on windows, I power off my surge protector, which shuts off my psu. Strange thing, when I flip the switch to my surge protector on, my computer turns on without me pushing the case on...
  6. PSU

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PSU: I want to order a custom pc, but I cannot find out how to order a specific PSU.Everything I try is low wattage. I want 500 watts but cannot incorporate that in any build.Every company I work with, has low watt PSU's.It is one of the first components to go in a pc, hence...
  7. Turn one duplicated screen by 180°

in Windows 10 Customization
    Turn one duplicated screen by 180°: Hello all, I would like to duplicate my screen on Windows 10 to two seperate monitors, so that I have the same output on both, but one of them is turned by 180°. So please let me know whether there is a way to duplicate the screen while at the same time flip one of the...
  8. Does a HP 180 W PSU have the capability to run three large screens?

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Does a HP 180 W PSU have the capability to run three large screens?: I am endeavoring to determine the load on my power supply as a first step in in sizing a new Battery Back-Up Power Supply. That thought led me to purchase a Kill-O-Watt meter. I have been thinking that I would start by measuring the loads of my current components: Computer...
  9. HP Envy PSU/Motherboard Shorted?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    HP Envy PSU/Motherboard Shorted?: Hello I have a HP ENVY that I use for work and to game sometimes so I decided to buy a GTX 1660 Super for it. Unfortunately the PSU was only 190W so it wasn’t enough to power both the graphics card and the pc itself. So I bought an external 430W PSU and connected it solely to...
  10. Will a 300 W video card work with a 270 W PSU ?

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Will a 300 W video card work with a 270 W PSU ?: Hey, I was looking up some video cards today, and I stumbled upon the ASUS GeForce GT 710. It's a nice card, for the price, but my PSU is only 270 W and here it says that the card requires at least 300 W: GeForce GT 710 | Specifications | GeForce And my motherboard is...