Windows 10: Does a License Key get invalid after installation without activation?

Discus and support Does a License Key get invalid after installation without activation? in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hi, I have bought a Windows 10 Pro License Key some time ago. I never activated it, however I might have installed Windows with that key on a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by SharonKing747, Feb 9, 2021.

1. Does a License Key get invalid after installation without activation?

Hi,

I have bought a Windows 10 Pro License Key some time ago. I never activated it, however I might have installed Windows with that key on a specific device to test if it can run on it, but without activating it.

Now I have bought the final device that I want to install it on. But I get the following errors. Is this because I had a test installation without activation or is there another problem with my key:

"we cant activate Windows on this device because you dont have a valid digital license or prduct key 0xC004c003" and

"The last prduct key .... you entered cant be used on this copy of Windows 0x803FA067"

Does a test installation make a key invalid?

Thank you!

Sharon

:)

SharonKing747, Feb 9, 2021

2. ACTIVATION KEY INVALID

win 10 stopped working after restart - all the steps and possibilities but continued saying there was a problem - had to reinstall from usb but now have the invalid activation key message - (using the key from system 7)

Tried command prompt solutions from forum - nothing works

please help

yannisxamonakis, Feb 9, 2021
  3. Bree Win User
    Invalid license in Dell laptop?

Absolutely OK.

All PCs that upgrade from Win7 Pro get that generic key and get activated with a Digital License, stored on Microsoft's activation servers and linked to the unique hardware ID of the PC. A Digital License for Pro means that you can clean install W10 Pro at any time and skip entering a key when asked, it will activate automatically as soon as it can contact the activation servers.

In fact, by coincidence I am typing this on a Dell Latitude E4130 and this is what ShowKeyPlus shows on my machine.

Does a License Key get invalid after installation without activation? [​IMG]

Mine was a clean install of 1909 Pro, later upgraded to 2004. If you skip entering a key for a clean install it installs with the default key. ShowKeyPlus can also show you the previous upgrades and their keys, possibly as far back its original Windows 7 if this machine was upgraded to 10 rather than a clean install.

Bree, Feb 9, 2021
  4. Does a License Key get invalid after installation without activation?

Invalid activation key

I did by windows 10 pro key. I installed using the Win 10 installation media tool (Download Windows 10) and when I try to put the key in I bought it says it is invalid. Earlier you asked for a link of where I bought it
    from https://www.kinguin.net/category/19429/windows-10-professional-oem-key/

brandonlanzot1, Feb 9, 2021
Thema:

Does a License Key get invalid after installation without activation?

1. Does a License Key get invalid after installation without activation? - Similar Threads - Does License Key

2. Can I get my old window license key after activating with OEM license key?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Can I get my old window license key after activating with OEM license key?: Hello,I would like to know it is possible to get old window license key I think it will be retail or other in my laptop that I had used after I activated with OEM license key.With this OEM, window can't update andsome features will not work.So, I want to reactivate my window...
  3. Expression Studio license key invalid

Expression Studio license key invalid: Today when trying to reinstall Expression Studio on a windows 10 updated to the latest after a PC reset as in, recovery, where it went back to s-mode, I had to get out of s-mode again, it complains about my key being invalid yes, I verified I typed it in right. I tried the...
  4. Windows installation failed; after reinstalling, the license key is invalid

Windows installation failed; after reinstalling, the license key is invalid: Yesterday I bought a new copy of Windows 10 Home and did a clean install installed it on an older hard drive. It activated as usual, but the hard drive failed when I restarted the computer and I had to install it a second time on a different hard drive. When I went to...
  5. Activate Windows [Activation key invalid after 20H2 update]

Activate Windows [Activation key invalid after 20H2 update]: Hi all, I am a Window 10 Education user. I updated my Windows to 20H2 on 12/11/2020. Shortly after the update, I received an error saying that my window is not activated and please activate the window. By far this issue has not been causing any major problem to the...
  6. Windows 10 license invalid after update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 license invalid after update: Several years ago, I took advantage of the free upgrade to Windows 10 from 7 on my wife's laptop. For the most part, it's been working fine until a couple of days ago. Windows is now saying that the license key I have is invalid. There was never a product key e-mailed to...
  7. Windows without a license key

Windows without a license key: If i download windows 10 from Microsoft site and use it without license key is it legal?What about windows 7 or 8?Is it legal?I know about the watermark sign and you can't change desktop background but i really wanna know if it's legal!I use it for me,not for a company or...
  8. activation invalid after deletion of product key

activation invalid after deletion of product key: For Code: ProductName : Windows 10 Pro ProcessorArchitecture : x64 EditionId : Professional BuildLab : 17763.rs5_release.180914-1434 ActiveSkuDescription : Windows(R) Operating System, RETAIL channel the product ID was deleted. The operating system was Windows 7 or 8 factory...
  9. activation license key

activation license key: Does anyone know how to activate license key and what exactly is it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/activation-license-key/575d56f8-4838-441e-bb55-6012eae866e8"
  10. Invalid Digital License after motherboard change.

Invalid Digital License after motherboard change.: Hello Community. I've recently experienced various PC issues with a previous Rig of mine and decided to put together a new and moved my Hard Drive over to the new motherboard. After further troubleshooting, BSODs, and Resetting the PC out of frustration to get a clean...