Windows 10: Does a monitor need to be plugged into mobo to use onboard graphics?

Discus and support Does a monitor need to be plugged into mobo to use onboard graphics? in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; Does a monitor need to be plugged into mobo to use onboard graphics? I was told it was possible to have my browser use my onboard graphics (Intel HD... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by THX1138, Jul 22, 2017.

1. THX1138 Win User

Does a monitor need to be plugged into mobo to use onboard graphics?

Does a monitor need to be plugged into mobo to use onboard graphics? I was told it was possible to have my browser use my onboard graphics (Intel HD 530) whilst my video-editing program uses my graphics card.

OS: Win 10 Pro 64-bitMainboard: ASUS Z170 Pro Gaming, board revision 1.04, BIOS v1904CPU: Intel i7 6700, Stock HSF, Undervolt Offset -0.15 V, LLC 4RAM: Corsair LPX Vengeance 2x8GB DDR4-3000 (CMK16GX4M2B3000C15)Graphics: Gigabyte NVIDIA GeForce GTX 950 w/ 2 GB

:)

THX1138, Jul 22, 2017
  2. J.DD Win User

Upgraded my motherboard and cpu but I have no display on my monitor.

Does the new mobo have onboard video??

If it does plug the monitor into the videocard you brought. It wont display anything if you plug it into onboard video. The card you installed will disable it

If you did plug it in the card you installed, remove it. Plug it into the onboard video.

See if you get a display. And does the card you installed need power to function?

3. neilpzz Win User
    Windows 10 not recognizing Radeon 580 4gb GPU cards

If you are trying to use the Radeon then you need the monitor plugged into it. With the monitor in the motherboard graphics it could well default to onboard graphics and ignore the card.

neilpzz, Jul 22, 2017
  4. Does a monitor need to be plugged into mobo to use onboard graphics?

To use the onboard graphics, the monitor must be plugged into the video jack on the motherboard.

But whether you can use both onboard and a video card depends on the particular motherboard. All that I have used require using one or the other, but not both. But I have heard of folks being able to use both with other motherboards.

Mark Phelps, Jul 22, 2017
  5. THX1138 Win User
    Well I was able to enable the onboard graphics in the UEFI and after installing the Intel HD 530 driver the onboard graphics appeared alongside the graphics card in the Device Manager Display Adapters. My monitor is still plugged into the graphics card however. I have a second monitor I got free because it was meant to be broken but apparently isn't so I'll try plugging that in.

THX1138, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Does a monitor need to be plugged into mobo to use onboard graphics?

1. Does a monitor need to be plugged into mobo to use onboard graphics? - Similar Threads - Does monitor need

2. Does Install Mobo Driver Needed?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Does Install Mobo Driver Needed?: Dear Microsoft Teams,Good evening. I hope you all are good and have a good health.I want to ask regarding the Installation of Motherboard DriversIn the future, i want to buy Asus PRIME B550M-A, 32GB DDR4 Ram, and ADATA XPG GAMMIX S70 BLADE 512GB PCIe Gen4x4 - R 7200MB/S W...
  3. Does Install Mobo Driver Needed?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Does Install Mobo Driver Needed?: Dear Microsoft Teams,Good evening. I hope you all are good and have a good health.I want to ask regarding the Installation of Motherboard DriversIn the future, i want to buy Asus PRIME B550M-A, 32GB DDR4 Ram, and ADATA XPG GAMMIX S70 BLADE 512GB PCIe Gen4x4 - R 7200MB/S W...
  4. Program crashes when launched on secondary monitor with onboard graphics

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Program crashes when launched on secondary monitor with onboard graphics: Please help me before i do bad things to my computer!When i start a program on my secondary monitor this monitor is driven with onboard graphics they crash or behave weird. For example, when i start fusion 360 on this monitor it just wont start and stops working, when i...
  5. Program crashes when launched on secondary monitor with onboard graphics

Program crashes when launched on secondary monitor with onboard graphics: Please help me before i do bad things to my computer!When i start a program on my secondary monitor this monitor is driven with onboard graphics they crash or behave weird. For example, when i start fusion 360 on this monitor it just wont start and stops working, when i...
  6. onboard graphic driver removed.

onboard graphic driver removed.: hi,i installed one gpu gt1030 and download nvidia graphic for it.it is okay and driver for gpu is on device manager.but my onboard driver UHD 770 - i5 13600k is not in device manager. even in hidden that is not there.Question: how can i install UHD 770 my onboard gpu in...
  7. Unplugged onboard graphics

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Unplugged onboard graphics: Ok so i recenlty bought a graphics card its got about the same amount of power than the onboard graphics. the newer card is completely updated. How ever the computer wont let me play any of my games without the unplugged driver being updated can anyone explain this to me?...
  8. Onboard Graphics after 2004

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Onboard Graphics after 2004: I have a bunch of sff 9020’s and after 2004, the onboard intel isn’t showing in device manager and I’m not seeing any unknown devices. My bios is set to auto and multiple displays so that’s not the issue but nothing comes up when it’s plugged into the onboard ports. Any...
  9. When using Nvidia GPU shoiuld I disable mobo onboard graphics?

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    When using Nvidia GPU shoiuld I disable mobo onboard graphics?: Hello, I have a EVGA Nividia GTX 1060 6GB graphics card. For months, using Win7 64 bit I could not get the integrated recorder (Shadow Play/Instant Replay) to open. Nvidia support ran me through a bunch of troubleshooting and could not figure it out. Finally, after months,...
  10. Can onboard graphics & separate GPU card be used with two monitors?

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Can onboard graphics & separate GPU card be used with two monitors?: I'm replacing my motherboard from an i5 Intel to an AMD Ryzen system. New CPU, RAM & GPU. Currently, I use two monitors; a Dell 27" 1920x1200px & NEC 24" 1920x1080 on one GPU card, an nVidia GTX 560 Ti. The new MB has on board graphics but I need the Dual-RX580 for video &...