Windows 10: Does a Photo 'Snipped' from a Website lose any quality?

Discus and support Does a Photo 'Snipped' from a Website lose any quality? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; The 'Snip' is one of my Favourite tools in the Box in Windows 10 As when I'm building a Website for someone, if they have a Photo Online that they... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Cyberdesigner, Oct 29, 2015.

1. Does a Photo 'Snipped' from a Website lose any quality?

The 'Snip' is one of my Favourite tools in the Box in Windows 10

As when I'm building a Website for someone, if they have a Photo Online that they would like me to use on their Site, then rather than download it from an email, that 'may' contain a Virus from someone I don't know, I can just 'Snip it' and Paste it, into their New Website.

But does the Photo lose any Quality, when its done this way?

:)

Cyberdesigner, Oct 29, 2015

2. Snipping

Does anyone know where the default snipping location is in Windows 10 Creators update ? I'm trying to find the snips after using the new short key commands. Windows key+Shift+S and I cant find the snips in screenshots or the photos app.

MustafaSenusi, Oct 29, 2015
  3. Is there a general article with instructions and demonstrations about using the snipping tool?

I do not think I am getting the best use from it.

I also sometimes - lose a snip I have taken and perhaps misfiled.

is there a way of accessing all past or recent snips please?

Andrew_S_Hatton, Oct 29, 2015
  4. Does a Photo 'Snipped' from a Website lose any quality?

It depends.
    Pictures are often resized (smaller) on web pages.
    If you take a screenshot (or snip) you may be capturing the smaller image.

FF and its spin-offs (Pale Moon, WaterFox, etc.) have a "View Image" and "View Image Info" options in their context menus.
    They also have a "Page Info" option which allows you to view all of the individual elements on a page.

Does a Photo 'Snipped' from a Website lose any quality? [​IMG]

Does a Photo 'Snipped' from a Website lose any quality? [​IMG]

Note:
    If the image is in a Flash gallery you probably have no choice other than to take screenshots.

lehnerus2000, Oct 29, 2015
  5. Hi and Thanks

I haven't really noticed any loss of quality so far except when Capturing a small image and then expanding it, in which case I ask the Customer to put up a larger image, which I can capture with a 'Snip'

Cyberdesigner, Oct 29, 2015
  6. Since Windows screenshots ("Windows Key + PrtScn") and snips are png files, they should be WYSIWYG. *Smile

lehnerus2000, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Does a Photo 'Snipped' from a Website lose any quality?

1. Does a Photo 'Snipped' from a Website lose any quality? - Similar Threads - Does Photo 'Snipped'

2. Photos are downloaded in a low quality

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Photos are downloaded in a low quality: When I download JPEG files from google, they always download extremely blurry and I'd like a better quality but I don't know which settings to change....
  3. Does the built-in window photo app reduce the quality of original photo?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Does the built-in window photo app reduce the quality of original photo?: My original photo is very clear and high resolution. However, it is a little bit dark, so I open the Windows Photo app to make it brighter and save a copy. When I take a look at the copied one the brighter one, I do not see any sign of quality reduction, but I wonder if the...
  4. Does the built-in window photo app reduce the quality of original photo?

Does the built-in window photo app reduce the quality of original photo?: My original photo is very clear and high resolution. However, it is a little bit dark, so I open the Windows Photo app to make it brighter and save a copy. When I take a look at the copied one the brighter one, I do not see any sign of quality reduction, but I wonder if the...
  5. Quality dropping after losing signal and restarting

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Quality dropping after losing signal and restarting: I’ve run into an issue where my monitor randomly lost signal, but the power button stopped working unless I held it to force shut down. Upon turning it back on, for some reason the screen quality dropped immensely. I tried restarting with the monitor unplugged, then plugging...
  6. photos will not load on website

photos will not load on website: When I bring up different websites, sometime the photos with an article will not load. Do I have to update an app? Windows 10/Chrome browser. Thanks!! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/photos-will-not-load-on-website/a9a216d0-3cf9-483a-9ba7-053f61c4b047
  7. enhance the quality of a photo

enhance the quality of a photo: Is there a way to improve the quality of an existing photo with Paint? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/enhance-the-quality-of-a-photo/4e9a2b0d-510a-4391-af88-e816b65160ad
  8. Upload photo from laptop to an online website

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Upload photo from laptop to an online website: Hello, I used to be able to upload with no problems. Now, it simply is not working. The circle just goes round and round and then says "error" I am attempting to upload a photo from my desktop to a specific website. I have other members who have tried and it worked for...
  9. photo app print quality

photo app print quality: Hi! When I print photos through the photo app, it does not print evenly. There is a thick line that prints brighter than the rest of the picture so it looks like a fat line through people's faces. This is not a printer issue- it prints fine if I print through the...
  10. uploading photos from photos app to a website

uploading photos from photos app to a website: Hi - I want to upload some photos from the photo app to a website, so I can print them. I can't seem to be able to access the photos app (only pictures) as an upload option. Can you help?...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. does snippinh lose quality