Windows 10: does a recovery usb format my pc?

Discus and support does a recovery usb format my pc? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; recently i just got a recovery usb from msi because my laptop is having issues, I am trying to find out booting from a usb drive and performing a "hard... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/pjjiveturkey, Aug 7, 2020.

1. does a recovery usb format my pc?

recently i just got a recovery usb from msi because my laptop is having issues, I am trying to find out booting from a usb drive and performing a "hard disk recovery" will format my laptop to default. If it does does it format the c drive or my other drives aswell because i have 2 and use 1 as my backup

submitted by /u/pjjiveturkey
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/pjjiveturkey, Aug 7, 2020
  2. Fernandz Win User

How To Format A Write Protected Flash Memory ?

¿You already tried this one?...

Run CMD

1. diskpart
    2. list disk

Then in the 3º step, put the correct number of disk in the list for the usb flash (if it's listed in disk 3, then you'll have to write select disk 3).

2. select disk #
    3. clean
    4. create partition primary
    5. select partition 1
    6. active
    7. format fs=fat32
    8. assign
    9. exit

with that commands you will format the flash drive in fat32, if you have a large drive you can select also "format fs=ntfs" in step 7.

good luck!

Fernandz, Aug 7, 2020
  3. mikel33 Win User
    USB Flash Drive saying not formatted..?

Hi,

I have a Memorex Poker Chip USB Flash Drive 1GB, and It shows up fine on one PC as "Poker Chip" in explore, and I can transfer files... but on my other PC (the one I'm on now..specs in profile) it's listed only as H: Removable Disk, and when I click on it, it says: "The Device is not formatted, would you like to format it now? (Y/N). Why would it be recognized on one PC, but the not the other? How come the other PC didn't need it formatted? When I click yes to format it, it says: "Windows was unable to complete the format"

I went to the BIOS and USB 2.0 is enabled. And Device Manager does list it as a Memorex Poker Chip..

mikel33, Aug 7, 2020
  4. zbook Win User

does a recovery usb format my pc?

How to reformat USB Recovery Drive

Part of the commands and results were missing from the image.

Open adminstrative command prompt and type or copy and paste:
    diskpart
    list disk
    select disk #
    (replace # with the disk number for the flash drive)
    attributes disk clear readonly
    exit

If the above steps work then you are set.
    If the above steps fail then view this link for additional troubleshooting steps:
    How to Format Read-only USB Drive Successfully?

zbook, Aug 7, 2020
Thema:

does a recovery usb format my pc?

1. does a recovery usb format my pc? - Similar Threads - does recovery usb

2. USB drive formats PC to MAC

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    USB drive formats PC to MAC: Will a MacIntosh M1 Air accept a USB drive that has been formatted and contains files from a PC Windows 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/usb-drive-formats-pc-to-mac/e82ed4f8-ab8f-41b9-b896-24912d07b09b
  3. USB drive formats PC to MAC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    USB drive formats PC to MAC: Will a MacIntosh M1 Air accept a USB drive that has been formatted and contains files from a PC Windows 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/usb-drive-formats-pc-to-mac/e82ed4f8-ab8f-41b9-b896-24912d07b09b
  4. USB drive formats PC to MAC

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. USB Format

in Windows 10 Customization
    USB Format: My computers is a Dell laptop.Running Windows 10.I'm going to format my drive.I was unable to, in the past.Due to the space, used by C:But know I have, a USB Drive. I need, the installation software.I knew, the Microsoft website.that you could prepare, anything.But also...
  6. how to boot into recovery mode using usb created by hp usb recovery to format windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    how to boot into recovery mode using usb created by hp usb recovery to format windows 10: I created a Windows 10 recovery USB using HP recovery Software following screenshots.[ATTACH] [ATTACH] [ATTACH] [ATTACH] [ATTACH] [ATTACH] [ATTACH] [ATTACH] Now I get a popup like this [ATTACH] I closed this I could not understand from it what to do. I...
  7. Formatting my PC

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Formatting my PC: My PC is filling up with trash and it's slowing it down, so i thought to backup the few things i actually care about and format it. I read that the operating system will be deleted, too. Is there a way to delete everything but the operating system? Going back to factory...
  8. format usb

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    format usb: why won't my empty 32 GB USB format how do i know it was formatted said it did but how do i tell https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/format-usb/81697e87-cc7a-4ab6-a13f-9190ecde2c3e
  9. 'Create Recovery Drive' -NTSF formatted on usb NOT Fat32?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    'Create Recovery Drive' -NTSF formatted on usb NOT Fat32?: Hi there, about 'Create Recovery Drive' after clean install from win7, my main concern lies in the formatting of NTSF files instead of Fat32 -was required for my pc notebook at the time of create recovery drive! otherwise it would always respond 'unable to create recovery...
  10. Formatted Recovery (D:)

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Formatted Recovery (D:): I recently formatted the recovery (d:) of my HP windows 10 laptop. I have recovery media on a USB that I made after I set up my laptop. My questions are: 1. Is it okay that I formatted the recovery (d:)? Im confused because some articles said that I don't need the...