Windows 10: does a repair-install fix the registry?

Discus and support does a repair-install fix the registry? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; ...or just files? Thanks. 177695 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Bob1212, May 4, 2021.

1. Bob1212 Win User

does a repair-install fix the registry?

...or just files? Thanks.

:)

Bob1212, May 4, 2021

2. Is there a way to repair your registry without deleting it?

I thought that sfc /scannow would work but I don't think it repairs the registry, just the .dlls.
    Is there a command that repairs the registry without having to repair XP entirely? I have found that a screwed up registry is the main cause of slow bootup times. But I don't know how to repair it without deleting the registry commands of programs already installed. All I really like to do is add those commands that may have been deleted by mistake or made corrupt by mistake.

Is there a way to do this?

EastCoasthandle, May 5, 2021
  3. registry fix

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

As per the description, I understand that you are facing some issues using Windows 10.

I would like to know some information.

• What registry fix are you trying to run?

• What is the exact issue that you are facing?

• Have you taken a backup of all your data?
    I would suggest you to take a backup of all your data before doing any changes in the registry keys. If you do any incorrect changes to the registry you won’t be able to boot the computer.

Disclaimer: This section, method, or task contains steps that tells you how to modify the registry. However, serious problems might occur if you modify the registry incorrectly. Therefore, make sure that you follow these steps
    carefully. For added protection, back up the registry before you modify it. Then, you can restore the registry if a problem occurs. For more information about how to back up and restore the registry, click the following article number to view the article in
    the Microsoft Knowledge Base:

322756 (How to back up and restore the registry in Windows )

How to back up and restore the registry in Windows.

Please let us know the information in brief. We will be glad to assist you further.

Mayank Gupta10, May 5, 2021
  4. zbook Win User

Programs not working

In post 26 there were steps listed to fix the operating system corruption.
    Are you able to follow them?
    In post 29 was the suggested dism repair command.

zbook, May 5, 2021
Thema:

1. does a repair-install fix the registry? - Similar Threads - does repair install

2. how to repair registry

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    how to repair registry: how to repair registry https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-repair-registry/f54f86e3-1f26-4025-9a94-db63de51a39b
  3. how to repair registry

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to repair registry: how to repair registry https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-repair-registry/f54f86e3-1f26-4025-9a94-db63de51a39b
  4. how to repair registry

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Windows 11 Repair install does not work.

Windows 11 Repair install does not work.: I have tried doing a repair install using a iso file and every time I have tried I got this error 0xC1900101 - 0x4000D I am not sure why. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-11-repair-install-does-not-work/855049f2-c34f-48ec-9d16-dbcd7b09cf29
  6. onedrive registry repair

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    onedrive registry repair: I have Windows 10, first installed as upgrade from Windows 8. Several years ago, due to security concerns, I wanted to remove OneDrive from my pc. Finding no online guidance, I stupidly removed all registry keys relating to OneDrive. I am an idiot!Now I want to use OneDrive,...
  7. fix registry

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    fix registry: i was edited some registry and i accidentally changed the default value of the. exe extinction and now i can not even log to regedit or cmd to fix it ps previous version, system restore and advance reboot sfc scan didn't work thoughts...... submitted by /u/DjoserTheFirst...
  8. Does installing over an existing broken installation repair it?

Does installing over an existing broken installation repair it?: I have this problem with VLC Player where it got broken during an update and now I can't even uninstall it. I was wondering, if I ran the installer and installed over the existing installation (same folder), would that repair the broken installation? In other words, would...
  9. registry repair

registry repair: Looking for a registry scanner that checks and repairs the Window 10/Microsoft programs. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/registry-repair/80aca8a6-5e84-4589-b70d-38345be2272c
  10. Repairing registry errors?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Repairing registry errors?: I have used Glary Utilities for years. It finds a few registry errors and seems to do no harm. Today I downloaded Avira System Speedup. It found 3147 registry errors and 22826 junk files. I ran Glary and it found 11 registry errors. Could it possibly be safe to let...