Windows 10: Does a script exist to help convert from the Thunderbird email client to WIN10 Mail?

Discus and support Does a script exist to help convert from the Thunderbird email client to WIN10 Mail? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I am going to attempt to migrate from Mozilla Thunderbird email client to WIN10 Mail and need some written help (and maybe some forum help) to assist... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Fred6153, Apr 30, 2019.

1. Fred6153 Win User

Does a script exist to help convert from the Thunderbird email client to WIN10 Mail?

I am going to attempt to migrate from Mozilla Thunderbird email client to WIN10 Mail and need some written help (and maybe some forum help) to assist me in getting the setup right with respect to connecting (syncing ?) my present Comcast account to Mail. In addition I have questions re: moving/re-instating my Folders/subfolders and my group contact lists over to Mail or even if it can be done at all?

Any help will be appreciated..

:)

Fred6153, Apr 30, 2019

2. Thunderbird Mail Disappearing

Ok so this may or may not be the right area for this, but I wasn't really about to find a place for it and it is kind of network related.

So I have a client of mine that worked for a real estate company, and was about to leave the company, and wanted to keep his emails. So I downloaded Thunderbird, and saved all the emails for offline mode, and while I was there verified that without an active internet connection that the emails were still within thunderbird and completely accessible.

He called today, saying that his emails aren't showing up in thunderbird. I remotely connected to his computer to investigate and somehow, the emails were no longer in offline storage, they were gone completely. We were both aware that within 24 hours of him leaving the place of business that his email account was going to be deleted and once deleted he could no longer receive new emails from that email and would only be able to access the ones that we saved offline. I have no clue where the emails went, some of them are listed in the %appdata% roaming folder for thunderbird, but none of them are appearing in thunderbird and I can't open the file for the emails or the .msf folder files in thunderbird to get access to them. When I try to it just attaches it to an email and tries to send it.

I'm at a loss, hopefully you guys have some answer to this problem, whether it be hack the email server to get them back, or some sly way to open .msf folders(all the emails are in %appdata% roaming for thunderbird), but I can't think of anything. Please help and many thanks

Exile_Chavez, Apr 30, 2019
  3. thunderbird contacts

Hi:

So, if I understand your question correctly, you would like to know how to address a Thunderbird email message to multiple recipients from your contact list?

I do not use Outlook or OE or WLM or any other MS email client, but....

...for Thunderbird, the easiest way to address an email is to type the name of the recipient in the To: field and let Thunderbird auto-complete.

But there are other ways to do this, including selecting addresses from the Contacts Pane and creating a "mailing list" for a group of recipients, as explained here:

Addressing an Email | Thunderbird Help
    Enter email addresses - MozillaZine Knowledge Base
    Mailing lists - MozillaZine Knowledge Base

I hope this helps,

MM

MoxieMomma, Apr 30, 2019
  4. loyall Win User

Does a script exist to help convert from the Thunderbird email client to WIN10 Mail?

Search in Win10 does not find Thunderbird email client

I really miss the "Search programs and files" utility that was not included in Win 10. Instead Win10 has "Search the web and Windows" This search utility does not find Mozilla Thunderbird on my computer even though it is the default email client, and installed
    in Program Files.

Solution anyone?

loyall, Apr 30, 2019
Thema:

1. Does a script exist to help convert from the Thunderbird email client to WIN10 Mail? - Similar Threads - Does script exist

2. Importing saved Outlook Express (.dbx) mails to Thunderbird Email Client

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Importing saved Outlook Express (.dbx) mails to Thunderbird Email Client: Win 7 Ultimate. Plenty of ram and 1TB sata hd. 1)...I have saved Outlook Express e-mails in dbx format (literally thousands) (multiple identities) and want to import them into Thunderbird (TB) V 102.8.0...... 2)...I looked in TB in the "import" section/selection and there...
  3. A Few Issues with Thunderbird Mail Client

A Few Issues with Thunderbird Mail Client: Greetings all, Win 7 Ultimate 1 TB SATA HD 2g's ram 2.8 GZ I started using Thunderbird e-mail client (V 89.0.1) (TB) about 1-2 weeks ago and have had quite a few problems, mostly due to my limited knowledge of this "new-to-me" program.... 1...When I click on any link sent...
  4. Importing email messages from Mail for Windows 10 to Thunderbird

Importing email messages from Mail for Windows 10 to Thunderbird: Hi, I've been using Mail for Windows 10 and am now moving over to Thunderbird. One of my accounts only supports POP3 so the messages from the last few years are stored in Mail. As there is no Import/Export option in Mail, I've been trying to find out how I can achieve this....
  5. Win10 email client

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Win10 email client: How can I tell if my email address is being blocked by someone? If my email address is blocked, will I get an "undeliverable" message. Many thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/win10-email-client/b002a0bf-2079-4c13-a8d5-2aafb50dfe7d
  6. Windows 10 and Thunderbird email client a/c

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 and Thunderbird email client a/c: I have tried to configure a plusnet email account on Mozilla Thunderbird in Windows 10 but it cannot find the email settings so I have been unsuccessful .Any ideas? Plusnet were unable to help. Many thanks if you can help....
  7. New Thunderbird Email Client - 60.6.1

in Browsers and Email
    New Thunderbird Email Client - 60.6.1: New update to Thunderbird - 60.6.1 Security fixes. Release Notes: Thunderbird — Release Notes (60.6.1) — Mozilla 129570
  8. Thunderbird email client 60.3.3 released

in Browsers and Email
    Thunderbird email client 60.3.3 released: Link to the Mozilla ftp. 32-bit and 64-bit versions available. Directory Listing: /pub/thunderbird/releases/60.3.3/ 123123
  9. New Thunderbird Email Client 60.3.2 Available

in Browsers and Email
    New Thunderbird Email Client 60.3.2 Available: New Thunderbird Release - 60.3.2 Release Notes: Thunderbird — Release Notes (60.3.2) — Mozilla Download: Thunderbird — Software made to make email easier. — Mozilla 122587
  10. New Thunderbird Email Client Released

in Browsers and Email
    New Thunderbird Email Client Released: New Thunderbird Email client 52.7.0 released 03/23/18. Minor bugs and security fixes. [img] 106649