Windows 10: Does a Win Repair replace Windows (1903) or will only a Clean Install

Discus and support Does a Win Repair replace Windows (1903) or will only a Clean Install in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; My Comp is still working (2019) but I have profile, UAC and Passwords that I would like to renew and update as they are all at least 15 Years old' will... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Dasha, Aug 7, 2019.

1. Dasha Win User

Does a Win Repair replace Windows (1903) or will only a Clean Install

My Comp is still working (2019) but I have profile, UAC and Passwords that I would like to renew and update as they are all at least 15 Years old' will a Repair of my OS fix all these Problems, meaning does it install a new Windows 10 1903 OS as well or do I have to go the Clean-Install Route,
    DELL have issued me some stuff which I have moved to the EX HDD WD (GGGG) I have sent a Screen Clip to help explain from day one it has been at C/ Users > Apps >Roaming thanks for your help *Smile

:)

Dasha, Aug 7, 2019

2. Clean Install Workaround for Vista

You may remember this news story on techPowerUp! a couple of days ago relating to the lack of clean installs when using the Upgrade Editions of Vista, which required an old OS to be installed. However, Paul Thurrott has managed to find a workaround for this issue, which ironically lets users do a clean install Vista without any previous version of Windows, albeit a little tedious. Here are the steps:
    • Boot from the Windows Vista Upgrade DVD as normal
    • When prompted for a product code, leave this blank
    • Select the version of Vista you have purchased and let Vista install
    • When you boot to your desktop for the first time, run the Vista setup from Windows
    • This time enter your product key
    • When asked whether you want to do an Upgrade of Custom install, select custom and choose a clean install
    • Windows will now install for a second time and you should be able to activate it
    Remember, these steps are only advised for use in order to achieve a clean install of Vista, it is only legal to use the upgrade editions if you have previously purchased the appropriate version of Windows.

Source: DailyTech

Jimmy 2004, Aug 7, 2019
  3. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Aug 7, 2019
  4. Wile E Win User

Windows Vista Clean Installation

To do a clean install on a fresh hard drive with Vista on an upgrade disc, you have to follow certain steps. Buying a full install CD would've been easier, but using the upgrade disc only adds more time, so it's not that big of a deal.

Follow the instructions here to do a clean install with an upgrade disc: Account Suspended

Wile E, Aug 7, 2019
Thema:

1. Does a Win Repair replace Windows (1903) or will only a Clean Install - Similar Threads - Does Repair replace

2. Creating a clean windows 10/1903 install

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Creating a clean windows 10/1903 install: Hello Since I'm having troble re-installing Microsoft FSX I would like to create a clean Windows 10 latest version 1903 and put that on a separate disk or partition so I can install FSX there and alternately boot from that disk when I want to use FSX. I've downloaded and...
  3. clean install of 1903

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    clean install of 1903: hi joydeep sir i did clean install of 1903 by chatting with micrsooft techs today and after i did clean install of 1903 today i activate windows and start check for windows update and while updating windows my few updates for windows 10 1903 got failed so i ran update...
  4. Windows 10 1903. Clean install stuck

Windows 10 1903. Clean install stuck: trying to do a clean install of Windows 10. The first boot is fine ( create the partition, 1 to 100% file copy) When it reboots, it sits with the circling dots and doesn't do anything past this point ( the next part would be the finding devices, but not even getting that...
  5. Does the 1903 Win 10 update auto-install?

Does the 1903 Win 10 update auto-install?: I have a Dell desktop and a Toshiba laptop -- both required a manual upgrade of the 1903 update using the Windows Update Assistant. If people wait, will 1903 eventually auto install -- preferably in the middle of the night? Please advise,...
  6. Does the 1903 auto-install?

Does the 1903 auto-install?: I have a Dell desktop and a Toshiba laptop -- both required a self install of the 1903 update using the Windows Update Assistant. If people wait, will 1903 eventually auto install -- preferably in the middle of the night? Please advise,...
  7. STILL CANNOT CLEAN INSTALL WIN 10 ver 1903

STILL CANNOT CLEAN INSTALL WIN 10 ver 1903: greetings, my laptop is an: alienware 17 r5 win 10 x64bit 128 gb ssd 1 tb hdd 16gb ram 1050 gtx 1year old. never dropped it. no hardware issue. healthy ssd. healthy usb drive. Last time i had a problem installing win10. Nothing i found in the internet works. here's...
  8. clean install of 1903

clean install of 1903: hi joydeep sir i forgot to disconnect my internet during windows installation of 1903 ,so just asking will it have any issue as i forgot to disconnect my internet.i am using windows 10 home sl 64 bit 1903...
  9. Clean install Windows 10 1903

Clean install Windows 10 1903: Is there a problem with the Clean Install method with 1903? I have read about problems with USB flash drives and another one I read was some problem with SD cards. Can you clean install Windows 10 1903 using a USB flash drive? And what is the SD card issue? My Pc does have an...
  10. Windows 10 repair/ clean install

Windows 10 repair/ clean install: I upgraded from Windows 7 32-bit to Windows 10 32-bit successfully. I wanted to install chrome since the internet was bugging out so I plugged in a flash drive and my computer started to shut down. After this my computer did disk check and couldnt repair itself. I cant system...