Windows 10: Does a Windows 10 laptop generally come with Synaptics?

Discus and support Does a Windows 10 laptop generally come with Synaptics? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Windows 10 emulates a middle mouse button click using a 3-finger tap. However, that doesn't permit a click, hold, and drag. I previously asked how... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by FrankyMacky, Nov 15, 2019.

1. Does a Windows 10 laptop generally come with Synaptics?

Windows 10 emulates a middle mouse button click using a 3-finger tap. However, that doesn't permit a click, hold, and drag. I previously asked how this is accomplished on Windows 10, but without much response: http://superuser.com/questions/1501244/x-windows-middle-mouse-button-using-touchpad-on-windows-10

I now believe that the only way do this is using the Synaptics settings described in the above post. Hence, I pose the more focused question:

Does a Windows 10 laptop generally come with Synaptics?

Strictly speaking, whether a laptop comes with Synaptics depends on the manufacturer. However, I expect some correlation between support of touchpad gestures by Windows 10 vs. the need for Synaptics. Hence, the question isn't quite wide open, and is thus (somewhat) answerable. I am hoping to crowd source the trend. Most Windows laptops these days are designed to capitalize on Windows 10 features, and this question is specifically about such laptops.

From the TouchPad page (http://www.synaptics.com/products/touchpad-family/touchpad), it seems that the driver is the program that allows gestures. I'm assuming that this includes the "Tap again and hold to drag" and "Locking Drags" (the features I need). Because Windows 10 has more touchpad features, I'm speculating that there might be a trend, with Synpatics being installed on fewer laptops (if any) in their virgin state, by which I mean first time retail sales.

:)

FrankyMacky, Nov 15, 2019
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Nov 15, 2019
  3. Synaptics options from Windows 8.1 not working in Windows 10

Hi Erik,

Welcome to Microsoft Community and thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

I understand the inconvenience that you are experiencing. I will definitely assist you.

This issue may occur due to the outdated Synaptics Touchpad drivers. Let’s try the simple steps and check if it helps.

I would suggest you to download and install the latest Synaptics Touchpad drivers from the manufacturer’s website and uninstall the Synaptics touchpad drivers and re-install the same again in compatibility mode.

Note: Make sure you provide the correct model number of the computer to download the update driver and save the TouchPad driver and installed it before uninstalling the same.

Step 1.

To uninstall Synaptic touchpad drivers, follow these steps:

• Press Windows key + X and click on
      Device Manager

• Locate Mice and other pointing devices and expand the same.

• Right-click the Synaptic driver and select
      Uninstall. (Note: keep the latest installed Synaptic driver).

• Restart the computer, if prompted.
    Step 2.

To install the driver in compatibility mode.

• Right-click on the setup file of the driver and select Properties.

• Select Compatibility tab.

• Check Run this program in Compatibility mode.

• Let the driver install and then check the functionality.
    Hope this helps. If you need further assistance with Windows, let us know and will be glad to help.

Billion Debbarma, Nov 15, 2019
  4. Does a Windows 10 laptop generally come with Synaptics?

Synaptics driver update for Synaptics SMBus ClickPad - Error 0x800f0248

Hi,

This issue may occur due to the outdated Synaptic Touchpad
    drivers. Try the below steps and check if it helps.

I would suggest you to download and install the latest Synaptic Touchpad drivers from the device manufacturer’s website and uninstall the Synaptic touchpad drivers and re-install the same again.

Note: Make sure you download and save the Touch Pad driver and installed it before uninstalling the same.

To uninstall Synaptic touchpad drivers, follow these steps:

• Press Windows key + X and click on
      Device Manager

• Locate Mice and other pointing devices and expand the same.

• Right-click the Synaptic driver and select
      Uninstall. (Note: keep the latest installed Synaptic driver)

• Restart the computer, if prompted.

Let us know if you need further assistance, we will be glad to help you.

Rishad K T, Nov 15, 2019
Thema:

Does a Windows 10 laptop generally come with Synaptics?

1. Does a Windows 10 laptop generally come with Synaptics? - Similar Threads - Does laptop generally

2. Synaptics drivers did not come pre-installed with my laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Synaptics drivers did not come pre-installed with my laptop: Hey.I recently received my Dell Windows 10 laptop. However, when I open the touchpad settings, I only see information about taps [which do not work] and the touchpad sensitivity. Furthermore, when I open "Additional Settings", there's no Synaptics-related tab. It also doesn't...
  3. Synaptics drivers did not come pre-installed with my laptop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Synaptics drivers did not come pre-installed with my laptop: Hey.I recently received my Dell Windows 10 laptop. However, when I open the touchpad settings, I only see information about taps [which do not work] and the touchpad sensitivity. Furthermore, when I open "Additional Settings", there's no Synaptics-related tab. It also doesn't...
  4. Synaptics drivers did not come pre-installed with my laptop

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Does window 10 come with any antivirus?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Does window 10 come with any antivirus?: I would like to know on whether window 10 come with any antivirus or not.Does anyone have any suggestions?Thanks in advance https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/does-window-10-come-with-any-antivirus/defcfcb0-8937-42bd-bf9e-7f83dd52ca39
  6. Does window 10 come with any antivirus?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Does window 10 come with any antivirus?: I would like to know on whether window 10 come with any antivirus or not.Does anyone have any suggestions?Thanks in advance https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/does-window-10-come-with-any-antivirus/defcfcb0-8937-42bd-bf9e-7f83dd52ca39
  7. Does window 10 come with any antivirus?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Disable Synaptics touchpad on Vaio Laptop running Windows 10

Disable Synaptics touchpad on Vaio Laptop running Windows 10: I have a Vaio SVE laptop running windows 10. I can't disable the Synaptics touchpad: Synaptics ClickPad v.8.1 on PS/2 port I have the latest driver 09/07/2015 - v.19.0.15.2 From the Pointing Device Properties, I can see that there is a button to Disable Device but it is...
  9. Synaptics Touchpad On Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Synaptics Touchpad On Windows 10: I use this computer for mainly gaming and i had a friend tell me that windows 10 was much better for me to game on so i waited the 5 hours it took from windows 7 to windows 10. Im left handed so when i play games i use wasd and use my right hand for moving the mouse. But...
  10. Windows 10 Synaptics Driver

Windows 10 Synaptics Driver: I successfully upgraded yesterday from 8.1 and this morning I was looking at the new "desktop switcher." I was looking for an OSX style touchpad gesture to switch between them. I followed the instructions on the second part of Get Mac-Like Scrolling and Gestures on a Windows...