Windows 10: Does a windows 10 reset wipe all emails within outlook?

Discus and support Does a windows 10 reset wipe all emails within outlook? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I need to rest my windows 10 pc, but I'm concerned that all my old emails will get wiped and I won't be able to retrieve them. I know I can keep... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by SjB1969, Jul 2, 2020.

1. SjB1969 Win User

Does a windows 10 reset wipe all emails within outlook?

I need to rest my windows 10 pc, but I'm concerned that all my old emails will get wiped and I won't be able to retrieve them. I know I can keep personal folders, but will it delete all my emails?

:)

SjB1969, Jul 2, 2020
  2. SjB1969 Win User

I need to rest my windows 10 pc, but I'm concerned that all my old emails will get wiped and I won't be able to retrieve them. I know I can keep personal folders, but will it delete all my emails?

SjB1969, Aug 5, 2020
  3. Does a windows 10 reset wipe all emails within outlook?

You E-Mails, contacts, appointments and tasks are all held in a .pst or .ost file. You must now do this:

1. Locate and save these files on an external disk.
    2. Reset Windows.
    3. Re-install Windows & MS Office
    4. Put these files back where they came from.

If you need further details about steps 1 and 4 then I recommend you ask the experts in an Outlook forum. The current forum is a general Windows forum.

Results in Microsoft 365 and Office - Microsoft Community

Please remember to mark my reply by clicking "Did this solve your problem?".

Frederik Long, Aug 5, 2020
  4. neilpzz Win User

What version of Outlook are you referring to.

Outlook (as part of Office)

Outlook web browser.

Outlook using the Mail app.

Outlook (part of Office) will indeed be wiped during a reset but if you export to a pst file before hand and save it to an external drive then you can import the emails and folders back into Office Outlook afterwards. In fact you will need to install Office
    after the reset.

Any program or app not part of Windows 10 will be removed during the reset and will need to reinstalled following a reset.

neilpzz, Aug 5, 2020
Thema:

1. Does a windows 10 reset wipe all emails within outlook? - Similar Threads - Does reset wipe

2. Does resetting Windows 10 wipes out the manufacturer drivers?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Does resetting Windows 10 wipes out the manufacturer drivers?: Hi,I did a Windows 10 reset as below. Did the process wipe out the manufactures drivers? Thanks for any information.Start -> Setting -> Update & Security -> Recovery -> Reset this PC -> Remove everything -> Local reinstall Remove apps and setting but keep personal files.Tony...
  3. Does resetting Windows 10 wipes out the manufacturer drivers?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Does resetting Windows 10 wipes out the manufacturer drivers?: Hi,I did a Windows 10 reset as below. Did the process wipe out the manufactures drivers? Thanks for any information.Start -> Setting -> Update & Security -> Recovery -> Reset this PC -> Remove everything -> Local reinstall Remove apps and setting but keep personal files.Tony...
  4. Does resetting Windows 10 wipes out the manufacturer drivers?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Windows 10 does not show Outlook email popups

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 does not show Outlook email popups: Hi, My Windows 10 does not show Microsoft 365 Outlook email popups. I have turned on all notifications and even reinstalled Microsoft 365, but nothing helps. I tried the same Microsoft 365 on two virtual machines and everything works there. What should I do? Should I...
  6. Windows Mail not receiving emails but Outlook does

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Mail not receiving emails but Outlook does: Hi,My windows mail receives email from an outlook account fine but it does not receive anything from my school email everything is fine on the web version and outlook softwareIt's probably not a firewall problem, too, I tried everything according to the internet....
  7. Does resetting the PC also wipe the files from all accounts?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Does resetting the PC also wipe the files from all accounts?: Help me. I have another account in the PC for all other stuff. And I don't want to lose the files in there, I just need to reset my main account I use. If it does, is there a way to reset the account only? submitted by /u/TheNitrogen [link] [comments]...
  8. Does the Windows 10 Update Assistent wipe all my data?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Does the Windows 10 Update Assistent wipe all my data?: So its 2020, windows 7 doesn't get anymore updates soon and then there are risks etc. I think it's time for an old windows 7 user like me to transfer to windows 10. So i found the "Windows 10 Update Assistent". My questions are: Does this Assistent still work? Or did...
  9. Outlook Closes within 10 seconds

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Outlook Closes within 10 seconds: Outlook opens,,, receives few mail items and then closes automatically without any error msg. This appeared to happen after a windows 10 update which happened yesterday or today (not sure). I ran office repair (simple option), ran outlook in safe mode... ,,, cold booted......
  10. Reset Windows 10. Wipe all files?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Reset Windows 10. Wipe all files?: Good evening I am currently an Windows 7 Professional user, and I was seriously considering to jump to Windows 10. After upgrading, I was thinking in doing a factory reset, in order to try to mimic a clean install of the system. When exploring the options on Internet, I...