Windows 10: Does an in-place update / repair update of win 11 recover efi parititon, reinstall...

Discus and support Does an in-place update / repair update of win 11 recover efi parititon, reinstall... in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I am trying to do an in-place update for my win 11 and I am worried that there is file corruption in my efi partition. and i dont want to lose my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Jack L Howard, Apr 4, 2023.

1. Does an in-place update / repair update of win 11 recover efi parititon, reinstall...

I am trying to do an in-place update for my win 11 and I am worried that there is file corruption in my efi partition. and i dont want to lose my drivers so i have to download and install them manually.Does an in-place update / repair update of win 11 recover efi parititon, reinstall bootloader and reinstall drivers?

:)

Jack L Howard, Apr 4, 2023
  2. zbook Win User

Troubleshoot Windows updates after an in place upgrade repair

Multiple troubleshooting steps had failed to fix net framework, scannow, and restorehealth problems.
    And multiple in place upgrades failed.

Modifications were made on each in place upgrade.
    The last one fixed the net framework, scannow, and restorehealth problems.

The computer is functioning normally now except for these 5 Windows updates.

Had the in place upgrade failed I was planning to custom install.
    This requires reinstallation of drivers and applications.

With the last in place working I was considering another in place upgrade repair.

What repair methods are you suggesting that were not already performed after the last in place upgrade repair?

zbook, Apr 4, 2023
  3. trog100 Win User
    Move EFI partition

its to enable win 10 to update to its anniversary edition.. it cant do this due to lack of C drive space i have had a quick try with the trial version of easus.. it didnt seem to be able to do what i want..

i am assuming i cant just delete the efi partition but maybe i could.. as yet i havnt even figured out how to get into the bios of the thing.. maybe that should be my next step.. *Smile Does an in-place update / repair update of win 11 recover efi parititon, reinstall... :)

diskpart could probably do it but figuring out how (it aint that user friendly) might be difficult without step by step instructions..

trog

trog100, Apr 4, 2023
  4. KTR
    ktr Win User

Does an in-place update / repair update of win 11 recover efi parititon, reinstall...

Windows updates won't install!

I had the same problem when i repaired my O/S, i forgot the steps on how to fixed it, but it is in the microsoft support forum.

You have to reinstall the windows updater, then restart the updating service.

edit: Found it...http://support.microsoft.com/kb/943144

Thema:

Does an in-place update / repair update of win 11 recover efi parititon, reinstall...

1. Does an in-place update / repair update of win 11 recover efi parititon, reinstall... - Similar Threads - Does place update

2. Windows 11 in place reinstall / update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 in place reinstall / update: Hi Everyone,So I was having issues with the OS after trying many different attempts to fix a failing Windows cumulative update I decided to do the in place reinstall keeping apps and data. Now, however, Windows takes forever to connect to Microsoft servers for Outlook and...
  3. Windows 11 in place reinstall / update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 in place reinstall / update: Hi Everyone,So I was having issues with the OS after trying many different attempts to fix a failing Windows cumulative update I decided to do the in place reinstall keeping apps and data. Now, however, Windows takes forever to connect to Microsoft servers for Outlook and...
  4. Had to reinstall Win 11, not sure if I'm getting updates

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Had to reinstall Win 11, not sure if I'm getting updates: I had an issue w/my laptop and took it to a computer tech. He reinstalled Win 11 locally b/c I didn't want to give him my MS password. He said it wasn't an issue b/c I could sign into my acct. and things would be as they were when I got it home. Meanwhile, I'm not seeing any...
  5. Had to reinstall Win 11, not sure if I'm getting updates

Had to reinstall Win 11, not sure if I'm getting updates: I had an issue w/my laptop and took it to a computer tech. He reinstalled Win 11 locally b/c I didn't want to give him my MS password. He said it wasn't an issue b/c I could sign into my acct. and things would be as they were when I got it home. Meanwhile, I'm not seeing any...
  6. Does an in-place update / repair update of win 11 recover efi parititon, reinstall...

Does an in-place update / repair update of win 11 recover efi parititon, reinstall...: I am trying to do an in-place update for my win 11 and I am worried that there is file corruption in my efi partition. and i dont want to lose my drivers so i have to download and install them manually.Does an in-place update / repair update of win 11 recover efi parititon,...
  7. Win 11 Repair Update Failing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Win 11 Repair Update Failing: HiI have an HP Pavillion specs provided below. The windows updates have been failing, so after a bunch of tests, I decided to do a repair install. As you can see from the specs, my machine is already running Win 11 22H1. I downloaded Win11_22H2_EnglishInternational_x64v1.iso...
  8. Win 11 Repair Update Failing

Win 11 Repair Update Failing: HiI have an HP Pavillion specs provided below. The windows updates have been failing, so after a bunch of tests, I decided to do a repair install. As you can see from the specs, my machine is already running Win 11 22H1. I downloaded Win11_22H2_EnglishInternational_x64v1.iso...
  9. Troubleshoot Windows updates after an in place upgrade repair

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Troubleshoot Windows updates after an in place upgrade repair: Today an in place upgrade was performed without updates: 18363.1139 ----------> 18363.418 ----------> including some manual updates18363.1316 The computer is not installing the updates after the repair. It's taking a lot of time to manually install them using the...
  10. Want to recover - Reinstall - Windows Update Service -

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Want to recover - Reinstall - Windows Update Service -: Hello All or to whom (1). I did this - Click your Start Button, type services and hit Enter Scroll down to find Windows Update Service If it is Started, double click it and stop that service CLose the services App Click your Start Button, type cmd, right click...