Windows 10: Does anybody know of a software that will let me create custom buttons that run a shell...

Discus and support Does anybody know of a software that will let me create custom buttons that run a shell... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; submitted by /u/1597377600 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/jlvr9h/does_anybody_know_of_a_software_that_will_let_me/ Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/1597377600, Nov 1, 2020.

1. Does anybody know of a software that will let me create custom buttons that run a shell...

/u/1597377600, Nov 1, 2020

2. Shell experience not running in Windows 10

Hi,

I appreciate if you could answer few questions to narrow down to the issue.

• What is the exact issue that you are facing?

• Does that mean the Start menu Cortana and the Task bar is not responding?

• Which is the current build installed on the computer?

• Did you install any third party security application?

• Where exactly did you find that the shell experience not running?
    As an initial troubleshooting step, I suggest you to download and install any pending updates that needs to be installed on the computer through Windows update and check if it helps to resolve the issue.

Hope the information helps. Please get back to us with the required information. We will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Krishna Prasobh V, Nov 1, 2020
  3. _E_D_ Win User
    Devices not automatically refreshed in File Explorer when running from a custom shell

Hi,

I am running a custom shell on Windows 10 IoT Enterprise (1809). When I start the explorer.exe process (File Explorer) from the shell or open a File Dialog box, and subsequently connect or disconnect a USB drive, the navigation pane and the "This PC" view
    do not refresh automatically. To see the change to the list of connected devices, I have to close and reopen File Explorer.

If the "Desktop" explorer.exe process is started from Task Manager, the problem goes away - i.e. devices are immediately added or removed from the navigation pane/This PC when connected/disconnected.

So my question is: how can automatic device discovery in File Explorer be enabled when using a custom shell?

I have looked at registry keys and services, but haven't managed to find a solution.

P.S. moving the File Explorer window seems to force an update and refreshes the list of connected devices.

_E_D_, Nov 1, 2020
  4. Does anybody know of a software that will let me create custom buttons that run a shell...

Create custom shell folders for Windows 10

Hello friends!

I've posted this before in EightForums with no luck, so I thought I'd try again here.

Is there a known way to create your own custom shell folders or "special folders?" Default shell folders are Documents, Pictures, Downloads, etc. The benefit of a shell folder is you can place it in a Users' Personal Folder, but have the location actually be in another location (even another drive).

An example of a program adding a shell folder would be Zune with "Podcasts."

A shell folder can be identified by its "Location" tab in the properties menu.

Does anybody know of a software that will let me create custom buttons that run a shell... [​IMG]

I'd like to create my own shell folders to things like "Books" or "Programs" etc. with kinds of files I make. Sort of like a library.

Let me know if this is possible!

Thanks,

David

davidvkimball, Nov 1, 2020
Thema:

Does anybody know of a software that will let me create custom buttons that run a shell...

1. Does anybody know of a software that will let me create custom buttons that run a shell... - Similar Threads - Does anybody software

2. Does anybody know how to fix this?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Does anybody know how to fix this?: I entered the ms configuration and tried to optimize my computer I don't know what exact setting made My labtop like this, but I use the safe boot setting with minimal things, and something else, now my computer is stuck on this screen I can still see my cursor and move it as...
  3. Windows custom shell does not run few commands.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows custom shell does not run few commands.: Hi, I am currently working with the Windows Custom Shell Launcher V2. I have my application which will be executed in the custom shell and it works completely fine as expected. Now, In my application, I have a button that will trigger a component in windows. To be precise, I...
  4. Windows custom shell does not run few commands.

Windows custom shell does not run few commands.: Hi, I am currently working with the Windows Custom Shell Launcher V2. I have my application which will be executed in the custom shell and it works completely fine as expected. Now, In my application, I have a button that will trigger a component in windows. To be precise, I...
  5. Windows custom shell does not run few commands.

in Windows 10 Customization
  6. does anybody know to to unblock smart_launcher ?

does anybody know to to unblock smart_launcher ?: is there anyone that knows how to unblock smart_launcher ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/does-anybody-know-to-to-unblock-smartlauncher/b408d644-198f-449b-9597-ba7b58eaa261
  7. Does anybody know how to fix this?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Does anybody know how to fix this?: [IMG] submitted by /u/EONMASTER98 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/gxu6vo/does_anybody_know_how_to_fix_this/
  8. Does anybody know why it won't let me sign back into a Microsoft account from local

in Windows 10 Customization
    Does anybody know why it won't let me sign back into a Microsoft account from local: Hi it won't let me sign back into a Microsoft account from local account https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/does-anybody-know-why-it-wont-let-me-sign-back/842112fe-94b8-4012-b4ec-7b69021c270c
  9. Does anybody know how to fix this?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Does anybody know how to fix this?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Boi_virgin [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/gqcu2a/does_anybody_know_how_to_fix_this/
  10. does anybody know how to fix this

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    does anybody know how to fix this: [img] thank you 148225