Windows 10: Does anybody know why it won't let me sign back into a Microsoft account from local

Discus and support Does anybody know why it won't let me sign back into a Microsoft account from local in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi it won't let me sign back into a Microsoft account from local account... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by tylerhigginson, Jun 5, 2020.

1. Does anybody know why it won't let me sign back into a Microsoft account from local

Hi it won't let me sign back into a Microsoft account from local account

:)

tylerhigginson, Jun 5, 2020

2. sign into microsoft account glitch

Hi Micheal,

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

• Is this the only account on the computer?
    • Was this account upgraded from previous version of Windows?

It looks like you are using a local account. I suggest you follow these steps:

• Click on search in taskbar and type account.
    • Click on Accounts.
    • Now, under Your account, click on Sign in with Microsoft account instead.
    • Enter your Local account password for confirmation and then follow the screen instruction.
    • Enter User name credentials for your the new Microsoft account and click OK.

Hope this helps.

Regards

Waseemulla S, Jun 5, 2020
  3. Windows 10 - Wrong Microsoft Account linked to local admin account - no Sign in with local account instead link available

Thanks for the response. What I suggest you do is to switch to a local account and then switch back to your Microsoft account.

Here's how:

• Sign in using the Microsoft account.
    • Go to Settings.
    • Click Accounts.
    • Under Your email and accounts, click Sign in with a local account instead.
    • Type the password of the Microsoft account and click Next.
    • Under Switch to a local account, click Next.
    • Click Sign out and finish.

Once you're done switching to a local account, you can now set your new Microsoft account to associate on your Windows 10 computer. Make sure to type in the correct email address you want to associate to your PC. Follow the steps provided above and click
    Sign in with a Microsoft account instead to set up your new account.

Should you have further questions, let me know.

Aileen Alf, Jun 5, 2020
  4. CSMR(2) Win User

Does anybody know why it won't let me sign back into a Microsoft account from local

Signing into Onenote app converts local account to microsoft account

Steps:

• Sign into a local account
    • Open the OneNote app (tablet not desktop app)
    • Sign in to this app with a Microsoft account
    The local account is then converted into a Microsoft account with that identity.

This is wrong and unexpected behaviour as no indication is given that the sign in is for the whole of windows rather than just OneNote.

It is also hard to revert.

I am guessing that other apps may exhibit the same behaviour.

In fact I don't understand how an app (which is supposed to be sandboxed and secure) can change user account information.

CSMR(2), Jun 5, 2020
Thema:

Does anybody know why it won't let me sign back into a Microsoft account from local

1. Does anybody know why it won't let me sign back into a Microsoft account from local - Similar Threads - Does anybody why

2. Why won’t Microsoft let me sign into my account?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why won’t Microsoft let me sign into my account?: I have an issue with my computer where it puts me into a temporary account and all of my files are gone along with my apps being missing from my home screen and my background/ settings have returned to default. I’ve tried resetting, going into safe mode, logging out, and...
  3. Why won’t Microsoft let me sign into my account?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why won’t Microsoft let me sign into my account?: I have an issue with my computer where it puts me into a temporary account and all of my files are gone along with my apps being missing from my home screen and my background/ settings have returned to default. I’ve tried resetting, going into safe mode, logging out, and...
  4. Microsoft Store Won't Let Me Sign In To A New Account

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Microsoft Store Won't Let Me Sign In To A New Account: I have recently reset my computer do to performance issues, and while signing in I used my Microsoft account which had 0 games and apps bought. I went to sign out of the Microsoft Store and sign in with a different Microsoft account, but it wouldn't let me. I would click sign...
  5. Microsoft Store Won't Let Me Sign In To A New Account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Store Won't Let Me Sign In To A New Account: I have recently reset my computer do to performance issues, and while signing in I used my Microsoft account which had 0 games and apps bought. I went to sign out of the Microsoft Store and sign in with a different Microsoft account, but it wouldn't let me. I would click sign...
  6. Microsoft Store Won't Let Me Sign In To A New Account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Can't switch back to microsoft account! Won't let me type to sign in.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Can't switch back to microsoft account! Won't let me type to sign in.: I have tried everything to switch my user back to a microsoft account. I was testing something with the local user and now I can no longer go back to just one microsoft account. Please help....
  8. Microsoft store won't let me sign in

Microsoft store won't let me sign in: I'm running windows 10 and for the past month the microsoft store wont let me sign in. I keep getting a error saying that I cant sign in at this time. I cant access apps I've bought nor purchase new ones. what should I do?...
  9. Microsoft Store won't let me sign in?

Microsoft Store won't let me sign in?: Everytime i go to sign into my account i click on sign in or add account a window pops up for a second and then disappears? I dont know if this matters but i barely restored my store app today after deleting it. Therefore i think that after doing a command prompt to get the...
  10. Windows 10 won't let me sign into Microsoft Accounts

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Windows 10 won't let me sign into Microsoft Accounts: I installed windows 10 from 7 and if i try to sign into cortana, onedrive or microsoft accounts it either say (something went wrong) or (there was a problem connecting to onedrive) Browsers work fine so i know i have an internet connection. I have reinstalled windows 10 once...