Windows 10: Does anyone else have a permanent "Requires a restart" on each and every feature update?...

Discus and support Does anyone else have a permanent "Requires a restart" on each and every feature update?... in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; This is the fourth feature upgrade that has failed to complete successfully after a FULL reinstall. By that I mean that after several weeks/months of... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Morden2004, Dec 6, 2018.

1. Does anyone else have a permanent "Requires a restart" on each and every feature update?...

This is the fourth feature upgrade that has failed to complete successfully after a FULL reinstall. By that I mean that after several weeks/months of updates that never install correctly (ie: Requires a restart) today I blew away 1803 and did a clean install of 1809 which is a lengthy process when you have 50 or so apps to re-install.

Bottom line, is this:

All feature updates fail to complete after a restart. It happened last year, it happened with 1803 and now 1809. My desktop is a ASUS ROG 2014 with generic stuff and no major hardware changes.

I'm frazzled.

:)

Morden2004, Dec 6, 2018
  2. 3Colors Win User

Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond Does anyone else have a permanent "Requires a restart" on each and every feature update?... :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Dec 6, 2018
  3. btarunr Win User
    Intel E5200 Gets Updated, R0 Stepping Coming Up

Intel's Pentium Dual-Core E5200 processor is getting on course for a specifications update. The chip will feature in a new, improved Wolfdale-2M core, spec'd out as the R0 stepping, from its current M0 stepping. The new stepping is intended to add new instructions, power-management features, and bring about changes in the chip-package. A short list of known changes is as follows:
    • CPUID changed from 10677 to 1067A
    • Power State Indicator (PSI) support with Intel 4 series chipsets
    • New instructions - XSAVE and XRSTOR
    • New S-spec and MM numbers
    • New halide-free chip package
    Due to the changed CPUID, users may require BIOS updates to detect the CPU. According to the company, E5200 R0 should be out by April 13.

Source: TechConnect Magazine

btarunr, Dec 6, 2018
  4. 3Colors Win User

Does anyone else have a permanent "Requires a restart" on each and every feature update?...

Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

I want to follow the suggestion. But It is that before making a decision or action I usually analyze it or ask a little more, as long as it is something new for me
    :/

Before Reset the Windows Update should I take into account the results of the Windows Update Troubleshooter ? The WUT of Windows itself does not correct the problem it finds. But the other WUT shows me (after the second attempt) as "corrected" and "completed".

Does anyone else have a permanent "Requires a restart" on each and every feature update?... [​IMG]

What I do not understand is why the WUT tells me that one of the steps is to remove the updates and re-download them (red rectangle). But when I give in "apply this correction" does not eleminate the update(Should?)

Does anyone else have a permanent "Requires a restart" on each and every feature update?... [​IMG]

Already in the final step in the report it tells me: that it is "corrected" in the first line. In the second it indicates "completed" and the text there says that one of the steps is to remove and re-download the update (is it supposed that WUT already did it or should I do it?)
    And what is that appears in the green box. Should I download it, remove it?

Sorry if maybe I have not explained well before. I think it would be much easier if the OS language were in English because translating the texts of the images is a lot.

3Colors, Dec 6, 2018
Thema:

Does anyone else have a permanent "Requires a restart" on each and every feature update?...

1. Does anyone else have a permanent "Requires a restart" on each and every feature update?... - Similar Threads - Does anyone else

2. Does anyone else have this problem?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Does anyone else have this problem?: [ATTACH] I’ve had this for a while and I don’t know how to fix it. submitted by /u/Affectionate_Fan4777 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/1anxpg1/does_anyone_else_have_this_problem/
  3. Does anyone else have this issue?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Does anyone else have this issue?: I tried to open settings, but it just shows a blue screen with a gear then closes. I can't enter or get on settings at all whatsoever, even when running as administrator....
  4. Does anyone else have this issue?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Does anyone else have this issue?: I tried to open settings, but it just shows a blue screen with a gear then closes. I can't enter or get on settings at all whatsoever, even when running as administrator....
  5. Does anyone else have this issue?

in Windows 10 Customization
  6. Does anyone else have this issue?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Does anyone else have this issue?: Since my windows update in Feb 2023 on my laptop, I only get 100% volume through the speakers it doesn't matter what volume level or mute. Can someone please assist? Thanks...
  7. Does anyone else have this issue?

Does anyone else have this issue?: Since my windows update in Feb 2023 on my laptop, I only get 100% volume through the speakers it doesn't matter what volume level or mute. Can someone please assist? Thanks...
  8. Why does this happen? Does anyone else have this problem?

Why does this happen? Does anyone else have this problem?: So, I have a windows system like most people. I have the windows 10 version. DESKTOP-G6AHA4Q is the exact device name. So, my problem is that I like to edit and make a lot of stuff in blender, well recently it started giving this message and blender wasn't the only program to...
  9. Why does this happen? Does anyone else have this problem?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Why does this happen? Does anyone else have this problem?: So, I have a windows system like most people. I have the windows 10 version. DESKTOP-G6AHA4Q is the exact device name. So, my problem is that I like to edit and make a lot of stuff in blender, well recently it started giving this message and blender wasn't the only program to...
  10. Why does this happen? Does anyone else have this problem?

in Windows 10 Gaming