Windows 10: Does anyone else have this problem with their mouse, and how can I fix it?

Discus and support Does anyone else have this problem with their mouse, and how can I fix it? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; My dad has a problem with his mouse. More specifically, the mouse wheel. He has the amount of lines to scroll at a time set to 3, but at random times,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Damariobros, Oct 9, 2018.

1. Does anyone else have this problem with their mouse, and how can I fix it?

My dad has a problem with his mouse. More specifically, the mouse wheel. He has the amount of lines to scroll at a time set to 3, but at random times, it will start scrolling 6 lines at a time, for a random amount of time. I have no idea what is causing it or how to fix it. Does anyone else have this problem and/or know how to fix it? Thank you!

:)

Damariobros, Oct 9, 2018

2. usb mouse not responding

Hi Lance,

It can be a faulty driver that is causing your mouse and headphone not to work. However, we need to gather more information for us to provide the best solution to your computer. Kindly answer the following questions:

• Have you made any changes prior to the issue?
    • Is your mouse and headphones working on another computer?

We suggest that you visit the links below for troubleshooting steps for your mouse and headphones.

Looking forward to your reply.

Robelene Win, Oct 9, 2018
  3. Windows 10 Mouse Problems

There's a possible answer in the Windows 8.1 forum at the thread http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/...r-reboot/f62d6975-1ade-40dc-ad43-de9e1da66e0d Restores some faith as the person who answered
    is a Microsoft person. That restored faith severely taxed for this being an 8.1 problem that goes back at least 2 years and somehow made it in to the next major revision.

This issue might occur due to corrupt mouse settings.

I would suggest you to make sure that the mouse settings are enabled on the Startup tab.

Follow the methods:

Method 1:

I would suggest you to check if the mouse software is running at the Startup or within the startup list. Follow the steps:

• Press Windows+R keys and type “msconfig”. Hit Enter.
    • Go to Startup tab and locate the mouse software (could be Unifying software). Check the box besides the mouse icon and click on OK.
    • Make the required changes for the mouse setting (swap mouse buttons) and then restart the computer.
    Check if that fixes the issue. If not, proceed to the next method.

Method 2:

Let’s make the required change to swap the mouse click settings from registry and check if it resolves the issue. Follow the steps:

• Press Windows+R keys and type “regedit”. Hit Enter.
    • Navigate to the following location:
    Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\ControlPanel\Mouse\SwapMouseButtons

• Change the key for SwapMouseButtons from ‘0’ to ‘1’.
    Note: This section, method, or task contains steps that tell you how to modify the registry. However, serious problems might occur if you modify the registry incorrectly. Therefore, make sure that you follow these steps carefully. For added
    protection, back up the registry before you modify it. Then, you can restore the registry if a problem occurs. For more information about how to back up and restore the registry, you can refer to the following steps to back the registry files on the computer:

• Press Windows and R key to open the run box.
    • Type ‘regedit’ and press Enter from the keyboard.
    • Open the File option on the menu bar.
    • Click on Export and save the file with a name on the desktop.
    • If you want to restore the file, you can do so by double clicking the file that you have saved on the desktop.
    Restart the computer.

Puddlewiggle, Oct 9, 2018
  4. OneMoar Win User

Does anyone else have this problem with their mouse, and how can I fix it?

Problems with mouse cursor lockup.

take the canned air to it with gusto and see what happens
    I used to burn though a mouse every year back when Played competitive quake 3 and it s mods

OneMoar, Oct 9, 2018
Thema:

Does anyone else have this problem with their mouse, and how can I fix it?

1. Does anyone else have this problem with their mouse, and how can I fix it? - Similar Threads - Does anyone else

2. Does anyone else have this problem?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Does anyone else have this problem?: [ATTACH] I’ve had this for a while and I don’t know how to fix it. submitted by /u/Affectionate_Fan4777 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/1anxpg1/does_anyone_else_have_this_problem/
  3. Does anyone else have this issue?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Does anyone else have this issue?: I tried to open settings, but it just shows a blue screen with a gear then closes. I can't enter or get on settings at all whatsoever, even when running as administrator....
  4. Does anyone else have this issue?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Does anyone else have this issue?: I tried to open settings, but it just shows a blue screen with a gear then closes. I can't enter or get on settings at all whatsoever, even when running as administrator....
  5. Does anyone else have this issue?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Does anyone else have this issue?: Since my windows update in Feb 2023 on my laptop, I only get 100% volume through the speakers it doesn't matter what volume level or mute. Can someone please assist? Thanks...
  6. Does anyone else have this issue?

Does anyone else have this issue?: Since my windows update in Feb 2023 on my laptop, I only get 100% volume through the speakers it doesn't matter what volume level or mute. Can someone please assist? Thanks...
  7. Why does this happen? Does anyone else have this problem?

Why does this happen? Does anyone else have this problem?: So, I have a windows system like most people. I have the windows 10 version. DESKTOP-G6AHA4Q is the exact device name. So, my problem is that I like to edit and make a lot of stuff in blender, well recently it started giving this message and blender wasn't the only program to...
  8. Why does this happen? Does anyone else have this problem?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Why does this happen? Does anyone else have this problem?: So, I have a windows system like most people. I have the windows 10 version. DESKTOP-G6AHA4Q is the exact device name. So, my problem is that I like to edit and make a lot of stuff in blender, well recently it started giving this message and blender wasn't the only program to...
  9. Why does this happen? Does anyone else have this problem?

in Windows 10 Gaming
  10. Anyone else have this problem?

in Windows 10 Support
    Anyone else have this problem?: i have windows 10 installed and generally like it. and the only thing holding me back from using edge, is there is no extensions for it. But the problem i have is that it runs fine, but suddenly it will no longer recognize the hard drive, and even startup diagnostics cant fix...