Windows 10: Does anyone get the bug when lowering brightness to zero the brightness goes to maximum.

Discus and support Does anyone get the bug when lowering brightness to zero the brightness goes to maximum. in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; My SB2 keeps having this issue and I’m wondering if it’s Windows 10 or my surface. submitted by /u/sebkowalski [link] [comments]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/sebkowalski, Nov 6, 2019.

1. Does anyone get the bug when lowering brightness to zero the brightness goes to maximum.

My SB2 keeps having this issue and I’m wondering if it’s Windows 10 or my surface.

submitted by /u/sebkowalski
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/sebkowalski, Nov 6, 2019
  2. John Sarc Win User

Brightness Control not working in Windows 10

Hi Ella,

To adjust the brightness, see the steps below:

• Go back to Power Options, and tick on the High performance.
    • See if you can adjust the brightness.

If this not work, we highly suggest that you create an Administrator account, and re-do the steps above.

Let us know how it goes.

John Sarc, Nov 6, 2019
  3. Can't turn off adaptive brightness on Dell Precision M3800 QHD

Dear Mithin,

thanks for your suggestions!

1. All drivers are up-to-date

2. no error messages

Unfortunately none of the above solves my problem. But I noticed something that might be a clue in this riddle:

When I start the Laptop it starts with the real maximum brightness (unaffected by the brightness sensors' calibration). it's only then, that when I press the function key to lower it, it jumps down a whole lot of steps in brightness and pressing the button
    to increase brightness then will just increase it by a little bit since the sensor seems to be ON again and deems my environment to be too dark for maximum brightness.

When i run the troubleshoot thing you suggested right after starting the laptop (now still in real maximum brightness) the outcome is that it tells me, that the display is to bright - and then it activates the sensor. But still I got absolutely no option
    anywhere to turn that "feature" off manually.

The power slider is also still missing.

Daniel Möring, Nov 6, 2019
  4. Does anyone get the bug when lowering brightness to zero the brightness goes to maximum.

Screen brightness

Just upgraded to Windows 10.

I can't lower screen brightness. It is maxed, Window shows that the brightness is zero but when increase it to 100% no change.

Daniyal Mubarik, Nov 6, 2019
Thema:

Does anyone get the bug when lowering brightness to zero the brightness goes to maximum.

1. Does anyone get the bug when lowering brightness to zero the brightness goes to maximum. - Similar Threads - Does anyone bug

2. Screen goes black when pressing lower brightness button

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Screen goes black when pressing lower brightness button: Hello!When I press the "lower brightness" button, my screen goes black, and it returns to normal when pressing the "higher brightness" button.For example, if my brightness is set to 100%, and I press the "lower brightness" button once, my screen goes black immediately; if I...
  3. Screen goes black when pressing lower brightness button

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Screen goes black when pressing lower brightness button: Hello!When I press the "lower brightness" button, my screen goes black, and it returns to normal when pressing the "higher brightness" button.For example, if my brightness is set to 100%, and I press the "lower brightness" button once, my screen goes black immediately; if I...
  4. My brightness is not getting lowered

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My brightness is not getting lowered: My Screen brightness is not getting lowered even i lower it to zero https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-brightness-is-not-getting-lowered/944e563b-9d0b-4acd-9c62-0c6af8f4c8bb
  5. My brightness is not getting lowered

My brightness is not getting lowered: My Screen brightness is not getting lowered even i lower it to zero https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-brightness-is-not-getting-lowered/944e563b-9d0b-4acd-9c62-0c6af8f4c8bb
  6. Brightness increases to maximum.

Brightness increases to maximum.: My eyes are sensitive to light, so I work with my Dell laptop at minimum brightness.But as I switch on my dell laptop every morning, 5 out of 10 times, while the laptop is booting, the brightness gets suddenly to maximum 0 to 100% by itself. Immediately after the booting is...
  7. Screen goes black when pressing lower brightness button

in Windows 10 Gaming
  8. Screen goes black when pressing lower brightness button

9. Maximum screen brightness when unplugged is lower than when charging

in Windows 10 Customization
    Maximum screen brightness when unplugged is lower than when charging: When my laptop is unplugged, the screen brightness dims. The problem is that it dims even if the brightness is set to the maximum value. That is, I *cannot* manually increase the brightness further and yet it is less bright than when plugged in. This is true even if I go into...
  10. lowering brightness

in Windows 10 Customization
    lowering brightness: hi, i can't lower brightness from the notification bar and when I go in settings. i also went in the device manager and nothing was wrong, but my brightness stays high I also cant lower it if I use the brightness keys on the keyboard. it just seems stuck on the high level....