Windows 10: Does anyone get the shutdown sound in 10 at times?

Discus and support Does anyone get the shutdown sound in 10 at times? in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Microsoft says that they've removed it due to issues. But I've heard it play one of the times I tried to do an Offline scan with Windows Defender. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by ProfessorKukui, Sep 18, 2021.

1. Does anyone get the shutdown sound in 10 at times?

Microsoft says that they've removed it due to issues. But I've heard it play one of the times I tried to do an Offline scan with Windows Defender. I edited the registry to have the Exit Windows option back and I didn't use Task Scheduler.

:)

ProfessorKukui, Sep 18, 2021
  2. Rivergoat Win User

Logoff, Logon, shutdown, restart, startup sounds not playing

I'm running Threshold 2 of Win10. It seems the Startup Sound is working again. Previously, even checked it would only play intermittently on a warm boot, not a cold one. Now it seems to work all the time. There is a 3rd party app that lets you change the Startup Sound to whatever you want, without you having to go through the hack steps.

The Exit Windows sound is another matter. Even enabled via the Registry and reappearing in the Sound list, selecting a sound for that does not make it play at shutdown.

Rivergoat, Sep 18, 2021
  3. Logoff, Logon, shutdown, restart, startup sounds not playing

Do you have a link to download the threshold 2?

georgioumarios, Sep 18, 2021
  4. Rose W Win User

Does anyone get the shutdown sound in 10 at times?

Shutdown sound notification

A truncated system notification sound will be heard if the start menu POWER=Shutdown or the Start Menu right click "shut down or sign out"=shutdown is used. Testing the default control panel sounds has the system notification be the closest to the brief musical sound I hear. There is not an actual 'shut down sound' displayed in the list.
    A short cut icon with the shut down script 'C:\Windows\System32\shutdown.exe -s -t 00' does not produce this sound.
    The event viewer report at shutdown time displays the Client OOBE ID 3 stopped. (Why this is listed as an error is a mystery since the security would be stopping if the machine is shut down???but that is the only event listed)

This little sound started after the Jan updates.
    Previous to Jan and Feb updates I could not expect a complete shutdown if an external drive was plugged in.
    After the recent updates the external drive can be left plugged in and the shut down does not restart.
    That little sound is nothing compared to restart but I wondered if it needed to be investigated.

Rose W, Sep 18, 2021
Thema:

Does anyone get the shutdown sound in 10 at times?

1. Does anyone get the shutdown sound in 10 at times? - Similar Threads - Does anyone shutdown

2. Does anyone know how to get rid of this?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Does anyone know how to get rid of this?: when i try to use my iphone 13 as an hotspot for my laptop this symbol pops up. my iphone 7 worked as an hotspot perfect. now after using my iphone 13 my iphone 7 has the same problem now. when i connect my laptop to my iphone the connection stops after 1 minute and i cant...
  3. Does anyone know how to get rid of this?

Does anyone know how to get rid of this?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/MrAwesome73 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/v3fp5d/does_anyone_know_how_to_get_rid_of_this/
  4. Does anyone know how to get my sound icon to display each individual app's sound bar?

Does anyone know how to get my sound icon to display each individual app's sound bar?: submitted by /u/Earthgamez [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/kfacnp/does_anyone_know_how_to_get_my_sound_icon_to/
  5. Does anyone know how to fix this? (Turn sound on)

Does anyone know how to fix this? (Turn sound on): [ATTACH] submitted by /u/kingmrharvey [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/i4999l/does_anyone_know_how_to_fix_this_turn_sound_on/
  6. Windows 10 Shutdown sound.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 Shutdown sound.: Has anyone found a solution to the shutdown sound for windows 10? Tried all the various methods, registry hacks, Task scheduler. Can get the sound to play in the sounds but not on shutdown tried looking for a third-party app with a shutdown and sound effect but nothing....
  7. Does anyone know how to get this?

Does anyone know how to get this?: [ATTACH] I got this feature which as super useful but then I closed it by accident when I tried the Immersive Search. Would it be possible to get it back and if yes how? Search from Google Images submitted by /u/m_beps [link] [comments]...
  8. Can't get Windows 10 to play shutdown sound

in Windows 10 Customization
    Can't get Windows 10 to play shutdown sound: Can't get Windows 10 Home to play shutdown sound. I have tried in regedit , but still it does not work. How can I get Windows 10 Home to play shutdown sound? sorry for my bad english. 90658
  9. Shutdown time

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Shutdown time: Since the Fall update my computer takes ages to shut down. It still starts and restarts in the same time. I am using an SSD. Everything else is OK. Any advice appreciated. Thank you for looking 96983
  10. Strange random sound-does anyone recognize this?

in Windows 10 Support
    Strange random sound-does anyone recognize this?: Vocaroo | Voice message I am getting this sound randomly on my computer, but very infrequently. I have all windows sounds disabled, and system sounds completely muted. I even downloaded Process Monitor and followed this (How to Find Which Program Is Making Sounds in the...