Windows 10: Does anyone have any advice to make my Acer Aspire One usable on windows 10

Discus and support Does anyone have any advice to make my Acer Aspire One usable on windows 10 in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I have a delightful Acer Aspire One laptop, it has always worked since day one with Vista, windows 8 pro, and it currently is loading the latest update... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by CellZapper, Feb 1, 2020.

1. Does anyone have any advice to make my Acer Aspire One usable on windows 10

I have a delightful Acer Aspire One laptop, it has always worked since day one with Vista, windows 8 pro, and it currently is loading the latest update to windows 10 1903, but it is abysmally slow, at first on win 10 pro it was OK when upgraded from win 8 pro win 10 early adopter , it was at least faster with win 10 than win 8.

I don't expect miracles but if any one is using one of these and know if there are any win 10 tricks or tips, or hardware upgrades that would make it more usable, as a holiday laptop, for instance.

I get no errors, it is just very slow it was never quick but it is unusable slow these days.

Thank for reading.

model Acer Aspire One A0751h-52Yr

:)

CellZapper, Feb 1, 2020
  2. Erdeslawe Win User

Acer Aspire 5560 not upgrading to windows 10

That Error Code seems to be most frequently associated with/pointing to incompatible Drivers. The Acer Aspire 5560 Model is only listed on the Acer Site under 'Legacy Hardware' as far as I can tell, which suggests they may not be too interested in providing
    further firmware/driver updates, but you could try asking on their Forums. According to this site ( Acer Aspire 5560, 5560G Notebook Win7, Win8 Driver, Utility | Notebook Drivers ) the last updates were released in 2012!

Erdeslawe, Feb 1, 2020
  3. John 4325 Win User
    Windows 10 and ACER Aspire Z5610

My Acer Aspire Z5610 (all-in-one) is running Windows 8.1. I have registered for Windows 10 but the compatibility check
    from Microsoft is that my display (NVIDIA GeForce G219M) will not work with Windows 10. Does this refer to hardware or software? If software is there a new driver I can install. I have already referred this to Acer but they have suggested I need to contact
    Microsoft!

Any advice would be appreciated.

John 4325, Feb 1, 2020
  4. Does anyone have any advice to make my Acer Aspire One usable on windows 10

Vintage: Acer Aspire One 722 {Ram Questions}

Hi Captain.

While I'm not answering your question on a new AV I would suggest as a possible step, upgrading your ram.

Crucial has ram for your device. $40 (not sure about tax or shipping) Your device seems to have one slot so you would need the 4GB stick. As you are using 32bit OS you can only use of 3GB. Crucial says you have one slot for memory and tear down videos seem to confirm this.

Here is the Crucial Link. Confirm for yourself that this is the right device. (Acer Aspire One 722-0022)

http://www.crucial.com/usa/en/compat...e-one-722-0022

Then here are the step by steps to replace.

https://www.ifixit.com/Guide/Acer+As...lacement/53216

Memory is static sensitive. Not as much of an issue when it is humid but still something to be aware of. If you don't want to buy a ground strap touch something that is grounded before starting the procedure and then don't go looking for things. Stay seated and perform. You should be fine.

External ram ??? Even if you could buy you wouldn't have port with sufficient speed to connect.

Ken

Caledon Ken, Feb 1, 2020
Thema:

Does anyone have any advice to make my Acer Aspire One usable on windows 10

1. Does anyone have any advice to make my Acer Aspire One usable on windows 10 - Similar Threads - Does anyone advice

2. Acer aspire

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Acer aspire: hey so I was using my laptop the other day and I got a notification saying to restart so it could do a drive repair, I turned off my laptop and restarted the next day and now it is stuck in a blue error screen, the error that pops up is "critical process died", when I try to...
  3. win 7 OR WIN 10 for Acer Aspire One D270

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    win 7 OR WIN 10 for Acer Aspire One D270: win 7 OR WIN 10 for Acer Aspire One D270 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/win-7-or-win-10-for-acer-aspire-one-d270/a2b923ce-dca5-4197-a4f2-e7cc0f75629f
  4. Acer Aspire One 1-143 Windows 10 Update no space

Acer Aspire One 1-143 Windows 10 Update no space: I have made multiple attempts to update Windows 10 on my Aspire One 1-143, always with the same result: The warning that there is not sufficient space on my hard disk which is true on account of the miniscule HDD size. The system recognizes my external hard disk that's...
  5. Is it possible to install Windows 10 on an Acer Aspire one(2008)?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Is it possible to install Windows 10 on an Acer Aspire one(2008)?: Is it possible to download windows 10 on a 12 year old Acer Aspire one it basically works perfectly only because now there is the possibility to download apps I just wanted to know Ist es möglich Windows 10 auf einen Acer Aspire one(2008)zu installieren?
  6. acer aspire one 722

acer aspire one 722: Acer Aspire One 722 amd dual-coreprocessor c60 8gigs ram crucial ssd 240 gig MBR Windows 10 pro 1809 bios update to newest version InsydeH20 setup utility Apparently this computer doesn't like gpt disks. Tried to convert disk to gpt using microsoft's mbr2gpt program and it...
  7. Acer Aspire One Cloudbook 14

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Acer Aspire One Cloudbook 14: My son has an Acer aspire one cloud book 14 and he wanted to factory reset it but it says that it encounters a problem he keeps getting the blank screen and the Acer logo over and over again please help. And the alt. and f10 doesn't work either please help...
  8. Acer Aspire One with 10 tech preview can't restore

Acer Aspire One with 10 tech preview can't restore: Hello everyone. First time I've posted on a forum, and not exactly a newbie at this but I am seriously confused. I downloaded the win 10 preview a while back on my Acer Aspire netbook with Windows 8 upgraded to 8.1, to show some people what it is all about. Now, I would like...
  9. acer aspire 4736z windows 10

in Windows 10 Support
    acer aspire 4736z windows 10: Can anyone help me how to install Intel media accelerator on my Acer laptop when I'm trying to install the driver it give an error that my computer does not meet the minimum requirement to install software.. I'm running windows 10 32 bit chipset type: mobile Intel r 4 series...
  10. acer aspire one d 150 netbook upgrade to windows 10

in Windows 10 Support
    acer aspire one d 150 netbook upgrade to windows 10: acer aspire one d 150 netbook 2 gig ram 120 gig hd Processor / Chipset CPU Intel Atom N270 / 1.6 GHz Cache L2 - 512 KB Data Bus Speed 533 MHz Chipset Type Mobile Intel 945GSE Express Graphics Processor Intel GMA 950 10.1 inch monitor upgraded it...