Windows 10: Does anyone have Nearby Sharing working?

Discus and support Does anyone have Nearby Sharing working? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Both of the PC's have Low Energy Bluetooth devices. Both PC's have Nearby Sharing enabled. With the other PC 4 ft away, I can't see it.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Mister_Kurtz, Nov 21, 2019.

1. Does anyone have Nearby Sharing working?

/u/Mister_Kurtz, Nov 21, 2019

2. Nearby Sharing

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We understand your concern that you are unable to share the PC Bluetooth nearby sharing.
    I appreciate the troubleshooting steps that you've tried so far.

However we would suggest you to refer the below article and let us know the status of the issue.

Fix Bluetooth problems in Windows 10

Share things with nearby devices in Windows 10

We await your response.

Aditya Roy

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Aditya_Roy, Nov 21, 2019
  3. Greg Carmack - MVP, Nov 21, 2019
  4. paulbasel Win User

Does anyone have Nearby Sharing working?

Nearby Sharing

I have reviewed most of the older posts and their possible solutions about this problem but none have worked for me. I am posting the same problem in the hope that someone has found a more recent solution. Here is my setup:

• Both PC and Laptop running v.1903.
    • Both are on the same WiFi network.
    • Laptop connects to the network via WiFi
    • PC has both ethernet connection and WiFi enabled.
    • PC - Realtek Bluetooth 4.0
    • Laptop - Qualcomm Atheros 4.1
    • Both bluetooth radios supports Low Energy Central Role = true
    • Both set up for nearby sharing. "Everyone nearby" selected on both.
    • The two machines are about 4 meters apart.
    "Looking for nearby devices" fails in both directions. I would appreciate any help.

paulbasel, Nov 21, 2019
Thema:

Does anyone have Nearby Sharing working?

1. Does anyone have Nearby Sharing working? - Similar Threads - Does anyone Nearby

2. Why does Nearby Sharing demand a work account?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why does Nearby Sharing demand a work account?: I have a personal laptop, to which I sign in with my personal Microsoft account. I do some work on the laptop with two corporations. They don't own my laptop, my laptop is in neither company's domain, but both companies have security requitements for specific applications.WHY...
  3. Why does Nearby Sharing demand a work account?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why does Nearby Sharing demand a work account?: I have a personal laptop, to which I sign in with my personal Microsoft account. I do some work on the laptop with two corporations. They don't own my laptop, my laptop is in neither company's domain, but both companies have security requitements for specific applications.WHY...
  4. Nearby sharing

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Nearby sharing: Do I nee Windows 10 pro on all pc to use Nearby Sharing https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/nearby-sharing/28d5f9e8-7f80-4015-af77-d43297ef97b2
  5. Nearby sharing won't work!

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Nearby sharing won't work!: I am trying to share files between my PC and laptop. I have followed the instruction to enable nearby sharing on both devices, but neither seems to see the other when i click "share" I have tried trouble shooting this via online searches, such as making sure windows version...
  6. Nearby sharing

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Nearby sharing: I have a Samsung phone which has nearby sharing too. Is their any way to share files between my laptop and my phone. submitted by /u/xenox9162 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/f7w26d/nearby_sharing/
  7. Nearby Sharing

Nearby Sharing: I have reviewed most of the older posts and their possible solutions about this problem but none have worked for me. I am posting the same problem in the hope that someone has found a more recent solution. Here is my setup: Both PC and Laptop running v.1903. Both are on the...
  8. Nearby sharing just will not work

Nearby sharing just will not work: Have exhausted all my options but can not get Windows 10 nearby sharing to work. Are there any updates available or solutions. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/nearby-sharing-just-will-not-work/aa29be94-2ace-4a6a-b49d-009ba4f58caa
  9. Nearby sharing

Nearby sharing: I am attempting to share files between a desktop and laptop using nearby sharing option. Everything seems to function as designed except do not get a prompt from either computer to accept file transfer. I see the device I am attempting to share to and when I select it,...
  10. Nearby Sharing Not Working

Nearby Sharing Not Working: Hi, and thanks for any help. When I use the "Share" button on a file in File manager, after it says "Looking for new devices" it switches to "Make sure the other device has nearby sharing turned on in the action center", and will not find the PC I'm trying to send to. I...