Windows 10: Does anyone know how to change this from this to with icons and stuff. (So basically change...

Discus and support Does anyone know how to change this from this to with icons and stuff. (So basically change... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Oovan8 [link] [comments]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Oovan8, Jul 13, 2020.

1. /u/Oovan8 Win User

Does anyone know how to change this from this to with icons and stuff. (So basically change...

/u/Oovan8, Jul 13, 2020
  2. MCK
    mck Win User

Cannot change desktop icon

Sometimes a desktop icon changes from what it was to a plain white folder. Might be something I did but not sure what.

To change it to the icon I want, I go:
    1. Rt-click icon > Properties > Change icon
    2. I select the icon I want from the thumbnails of icons.
    3. Click OK
    4. Click Apply
    But the icon does not change. It just stays looking like a white folder.
    HOWEVER, if I pin the icon to the taskbar, the icon on the taskbar does look like the icon I selected in step-2. So the change is registered with Win10 but the icon on the desktop just doesn't change.

Any ideas on how to fix this?

3. psbecker Win User
    Change Folder Icon in Windows 10

I just acquired a new laptop running Windows 10 and am trying to change the icons of the folders in the StartUp "Program" folder so that they would stand out a little better. I used my admin account and followed all the steps listed above, but when I clicked on "Apply", nothing happened. The same basic windows folder icon remained attached to the folder. I also tried to go into Properties and capitalize some of the folder names, but that didn't work either. Looks like something is protecting them, but I cannot figure out what it is much less how to get around this blockage, Any suggestions?

psbecker, Jul 13, 2020
  4. tilldeath Win User

Does anyone know how to change this from this to with icons and stuff. (So basically change...

how do I change google chrome icon?

I want to change the icon on the taskbar, I know how to change it in the properties but can't figure out how to add more icon options. For example if I made my own icon and wanted to use it in place of the chrome icon how would I do this?

tilldeath, Jul 13, 2020
Thema:

1. Does anyone know how to change this from this to with icons and stuff. (So basically change... - Similar Threads - Does anyone change

2. Anyone know how to change scrollbar color?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Anyone know how to change scrollbar color?: Anyone know how to change scrollbar color other than the camouflage light gray on even lighter gray? I have a elderly client who really has a hard time seeing a light gray scroll bar block on an even lighter gray scrollbar background! (Pretty absurd or original color choice...
  3. Well, does anyone know what this stuff is or relates to?

in Windows 10 Support
    Well, does anyone know what this stuff is or relates to?: [img] It's located here... HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\zh_auto_file It also shows up in Hkey\Current User and Hkey\User Inside the keys with the wierd character are (Default) REG_SZ values like... .7z_auto_file dmp_auto_file BAK_auto_file tmp_auto_file sav_auto_file etc......
  4. Does anyone know how to get the ethernet icons from windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    Does anyone know how to get the ethernet icons from windows 10: I would really need these icons so I can change the taskbar network icons https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/does-anyone-know-how-to-get-the-ethernet-icons/9d166776-0dfe-41b3-82e3-80ceae224ca8
  5. Does anyone know how to remove this mini icon on the icon?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Does anyone know how to remove this mini icon on the icon?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Ethanplayzz2 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/kcpd0f/does_anyone_know_how_to_remove_this_mini_icon_on/
  6. anyone know how to change the icon of a shortcut to cmd? or even what format does the icon...

anyone know how to change the icon of a shortcut to cmd? or even what format does the icon...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/rrekaF [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/jwn3tq/anyone_know_how_to_change_the_icon_of_a_shortcut/
  7. Does anyone know how to change the news provider on Alltheinternet

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Does anyone know how to change the news provider on Alltheinternet: I have been using Alltheinternet for the past 10 years on Windows with Microsoft Edge now used to be Internet Explorer and recently the default news provider has been changed to ABC News which I do not like. Does anyone know how to change the news on Alltheinternet.com ? I...
  8. Does anyone know how to change the icon of an app downloaded from the Microsoft store?

Does anyone know how to change the icon of an app downloaded from the Microsoft store?: Other icons like for steam and chrome, I just changed by right clicking them and going into their properties, but for Spotify when I right click I don’t see the properties option submitted by /u/uHusky [link] [comments]...
  9. Does anyone know how to *actually* change UWP app icons? Want to update the calculator app...

Does anyone know how to *actually* change UWP app icons? Want to update the calculator app...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/RLWLB2985 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/dzzvus/does_anyone_know_how_to_actually_change_uwp_app/
  10. Taskbar changes in Win10 1903 - does anyone know a fix?

in Windows 10 Support
    Taskbar changes in Win10 1903 - does anyone know a fix?: Since version 1903, I am no longer able to see two rows of icons in the taskbar at the same time. Instead, a scroll bar allows me to move viewing up or down but not both rows together. Is there a way in which I can go back to viewing both lines just by widening the taskbar to...