Windows 10: Does anyone know how to disable updates in W10 without messing with the registry?

Discus and support Does anyone know how to disable updates in W10 without messing with the registry? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I know this has been asked before, but I believe that the last time I searched this up I just found a lot of old posts, so I thought I'd ask for myself... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/stillourhandsmatch, Dec 19, 2019.

1. Does anyone know how to disable updates in W10 without messing with the registry?

I know this has been asked before, but I believe that the last time I searched this up I just found a lot of old posts, so I thought I'd ask for myself to see if there's a way now. Every time I get forced to update my laptop, it feels a lot more sluggish and I have to revert the update, it's time consuming and I get nervous that my drive might get corrupted and I'll lose my files. I don't really care for security or useless bloat as much as I care for my computer being usable, so please don't try to convince me to just go with it. I'm sorry for making a post that has already been made, but if there's a way to disable this obnoxious forced updates then I would love to hear!

edit: im on windows 10 home so that has its own limitations

submitted by /u/stillourhandsmatch
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/stillourhandsmatch, Dec 19, 2019
  2. Eric Ber Win User

registry w10

Hi jimbo007,

Based on my research, it is a possible that the reason why you have TadvCheckList in the registry is because your computer is infected with virus/malware. I would suggest that you follow the steps in this

link
    to remove malware or viruses from your computer.

Should you need further assistance, don't hesitate to get back to us.

Eric Ber, Dec 19, 2019
  3. Vinodh.V Win User
    PROBLEM WITH W10 SHUTDOWN AFTERR INSTALLING UPDATE

Hi John,

I understand you are having issues shutting down your pc.

We would suggest you to follow the below steps and check if this solves the problem:

• Click Start , click Run , type regedit , and then click OK .
    • Expand the following subkey:
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon

• Right-click Winlogon , point to New , and then click DWORD Value .
    • To name the new entry, type GpNetworkStartTimeoutPolicyValue , and then press ENTER.
    • Right-click GpNetworkStartTimeoutPolicyValue , and then click Modify .
    • Under Base , click Decimal .
    • In the Value data box, type 60 , and then click OK .
    Quit Registry Editor, and then restart the computer.

If the Group Policy startup script does not run, increase the value of the GpNetworkStartTimeoutPolicyValue registry entry.

Auto-Kill All Programs at Shutdown

• Step 1: Go to “Start,” “Run,” and type regedit.
    • Step 2: Navigate to: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\Desktop.
    • Step 3: Find the Registry Key called AutoEndTasks and right-click then select Modify. Change the value to 1.
    Registry disclaimer

To do so: Important this section, method, or task contains steps that tell you how to modify the registry. However, serious problems might occur if you modify the registry incorrectly. Therefore, make sure that you follow these steps carefully. For
    added protection, back up the registry before you modify it. Then, you can restore the registry if a problem occurs. For more information about how to back up and restore the registry, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft
    Knowledge Base:

322756 (http://support.microsoft.com/kb/322756/ )

How to back up and restore the registry in Windows

Hope this information helps, for further assistance please reply.

Vinodh.V, Dec 19, 2019
  4. t-mac Win User

Does anyone know how to disable updates in W10 without messing with the registry?

Fan settings "grayed out" because of the nVidias latest drivers?

Yeah I know this prog, but can You tell me - step by step - what to do? I really don't want to mess with my registry files. I would really appreciate that.

t-mac, Dec 19, 2019
Thema:

Does anyone know how to disable updates in W10 without messing with the registry?

1. Does anyone know how to disable updates in W10 without messing with the registry? - Similar Threads - Does anyone disable

2. Anyone know how to disable sharepoint?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Anyone know how to disable sharepoint?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/P1eromaniac [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/13ahq85/anyone_know_how_to_disable_sharepoint/
  3. Does anyone know how to disable UpdateNotificationMgr.exe UNP Task?

in Windows 10 Support
    Does anyone know how to disable UpdateNotificationMgr.exe UNP Task?: I've stumbled across this today for the first time. https://www.askvg.com/what-are-updat...in-windows-10/ The problem is that when I try to disable UNP \Microsoft\Windows\UNP I get The user account you are operating under does not have permission to disable this task....
  4. Does anyone know how to fix this???

Does anyone know how to fix this???: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/iblvicnfly [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/jl4uq2/does_anyone_know_how_to_fix_this/
  5. Anyone know how to Disable specific 'Background Apps' via Registry..?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Anyone know how to Disable specific 'Background Apps' via Registry..?: Can anyone explain how to disable specific Windows 10 'Background Apps' (such as 3D Viewer, Your Phone, etc.) via the Registry? I know there is a Registry edit to disable them ALL, but are there specific Keys you can add to disable specific, individual apps? For clarity's...
  6. Anyone know how to Disable specific 'Background Apps' via Registry..?

in Windows 10 Support
    Anyone know how to Disable specific 'Background Apps' via Registry..?: Can anyone explain how to disable specific Windows 10 'Background Apps' (such as 3D Viewer, Your Phone, etc.) via the Registry? I know there is a Registry edit to disable them ALL, but are there specific Keys you can add to disable specific, individual apps? For clarity's...
  7. Does anyone know how to fix this?

Does anyone know how to fix this?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/yeetmagic124 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/gpyvtz/does_anyone_know_how_to_fix_this/
  8. Does anyone know how to get this?

Does anyone know how to get this?: [ATTACH] I got this feature which as super useful but then I closed it by accident when I tried the Immersive Search. Would it be possible to get it back and if yes how? Search from Google Images submitted by /u/m_beps [link] [comments]...
  9. Does anyone know how to fix this?

Does anyone know how to fix this?: For some reason I get this whenever I try to delete this specific folder. Does anyone know a fix? halp submitted by /u/TheRealRift [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/gevfbj/does_anyone_know_how_to_fix_this/
  10. Does anyone know how to fix this?

Does anyone know how to fix this?: Why keyboards wont respond when you press ( ' ) or (Shift + ') key for 1 click unless you press it double click or key in any different character? submitted by /u/majd_aj [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/eozb6e/does_anyone_know_how_to_fix_this/