Windows 10: Does anyone know how to disable web results in Start Menu search?

Discus and support Does anyone know how to disable web results in Start Menu search? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; It's getting kinda annoying having random videos pop up in Start when I'm just trying to find a file on my computer. submitted by... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/DeportThatBeanBoy, Apr 15, 2020.

1. Does anyone know how to disable web results in Start Menu search?

It's getting kinda annoying having random videos pop up in Start when I'm just trying to find a file on my computer.

submitted by /u/DeportThatBeanBoy
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/DeportThatBeanBoy, Apr 15, 2020

2. Disable Web Search Results in Windows 10 Start Menu

Hi Taira,

Disabling web results in the search box depends on the version and build of your Windows 10. We suggest checking the Windows 10 version and build installed on your computer. To check the version and build, follow the steps below:

• On Cortana search, type winver and press
      Enter
    • A pop-up box will appear containing the version and build of your operating system.

Meanwhile, you can try these steps on how to disable web results in the search box:

• Click the search box in the taskbar.
    • Select the Notebook icon
      Does anyone know how to disable web results in Start Menu search? a0c1fa7c-1198-4621-a19b-ece827a34a33.png

in the left pane.
    • Click Settings from the list.
    • In the Settings page, turn off the Cortana can give you suggestions, ideas, reminders, alerts and more option.
    • Also, turn off the Search online and include web results option.

If you need further assistance, don't hesitate to reach out.

Gerard Qui, Apr 15, 2020
  3. Carlo Fer Win User
    Disable Store and Web search in Start Menu

Hello
    SystemSupport346,

Since the steps above did not work for you, we suggest that you disable web search by navigating the settings of Cortana itself. Please follow the steps below:

• Open the search box in the taskbar.
    • Click the Notebook icon.
    • Click Settings from the list.
    • On the Settings page, turn off the Cortana can give me suggestions, ideas, reminders, alerts and more option.
    • Turn off the Search online and include web results. See screenshot below:

Does anyone know how to disable web results in Start Menu search? 4b6583c8-efc0-4f9f-a9a0-4ce531f271db?upload=true.png

Hope this information helps you. Feel free to post back if you need further assistance.

Carlo Fer, Apr 15, 2020
  4. Bill.P. Win User

Does anyone know how to disable web results in Start Menu search?

Disable web searches in Start menu

Hi Corey, I'm Graeme, an independent adviser here to help.

You can stop Windows from showing web results in Start menu search. Here are the instructions to do so:

- Click the Start button.

- Type Cortana in the Search field.

- Click Cortana & Search settings.

- Type Cortana in the Search field. Click Cortana & Search settings.

- Click the switch beneath Cortana can give you suggestions, reminders, alerts, and more at the top of the menu so that it turns off.

- Click the switch beneath Search online and include web results so that it turns off.

https://www.windowscentral.com/how-disable-bing...

Please let me know if you need further support! Thanks!

Note: Non-Microsoft websites are linked. The pages appear to be providing accurate, safe information. Watch out for ads on the site that may advertise products frequently classified as a PUP (Potentially Unwanted Products). Thoroughly research any product advertised
    on the site before you decide to download and install it.

Bill.P., Apr 15, 2020
Thema:

Does anyone know how to disable web results in Start Menu search?

1. Does anyone know how to disable web results in Start Menu search? - Similar Threads - Does anyone disable

2. windows start menu search web results

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows start menu search web results: the start menu used to show web results which was very convinent for me but now it just shows this there is no web preview https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-start-menu-search-web-results/1222459b-be64-4bcd-9d2b-efcb3ff7638b
  3. windows start menu search web results

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    windows start menu search web results: the start menu used to show web results which was very convinent for me but now it just shows this there is no web preview https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-start-menu-search-web-results/1222459b-be64-4bcd-9d2b-efcb3ff7638b
  4. How can I disable web results from the start menu search?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How can I disable web results from the start menu search?: The update from last night added web results to my start menu search. I do not want web results in my start menu searches. If I want to search the web, I will open Chrome or Firefox and google it.I already looked in search settings, but nothing allows me to disable web...
  5. How can I disable web results from the start menu search?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I disable web results from the start menu search?: The update from last night added web results to my start menu search. I do not want web results in my start menu searches. If I want to search the web, I will open Chrome or Firefox and google it.I already looked in search settings, but nothing allows me to disable web...
  6. How can I disable web results from the start menu search?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Does Anyone Know How To Fix The Search Menu Covering The Start Menu?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Does Anyone Know How To Fix The Search Menu Covering The Start Menu?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Pulagatha [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/lnsn6a/does_anyone_know_how_to_fix_the_search_menu/
  8. How to disable web search in Start Menu?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to disable web search in Start Menu?: Hello, I have Windows 10 version 1909 and I want to disable stupid web search that open useless Edge browser if I type file name wrongly and then I click enter and browser opens how to disable that? submitted by /u/Qiasm [link] [comments]...
  9. Not getting web results in Search or Start Menu search

in Cortana
    Not getting web results in Search or Start Menu search: Hi; on some Windows 10 installations (and indeed, even on my other user account), I get web search results when I press the Start key on my keyboard and then type into the search box. For example, "32 F in C" will yield 0° C. This isn't happening on one of my accounts. As...
  10. How to disable Bing web search results in Windows 10 Start Menu

in Windows 10 News
    How to disable Bing web search results in Windows 10 Start Menu: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]Windows 10 v1903 has separated Cortana and Windows Search. The search looks a lot better, but it still shows Bing web search results in the results. Usually when using Windows 10 computer, many don’t like this. In this post, we [...] This post How to disable...