Windows 10: Does Anyone Know How to Skip or Ignore a Particular Update?

Discus and support Does Anyone Know How to Skip or Ignore a Particular Update? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have an issue whereby I updated to the Windows 10 2004 release, and now my GPU is very unstable. After many hardware tests and windows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Lord Lethris, Jun 21, 2020.

1. Does Anyone Know How to Skip or Ignore a Particular Update?

I have an issue whereby I updated to the Windows 10 2004 release, and now my GPU is very unstable.

After many hardware tests and windows re-installs/repairs and driver updates, I have whittled it down to this driver/update that keeps forcefully installing:

Does Anyone Know How to Skip or Ignore a Particular Update? ba7c2f10-2898-45d9-87b8-79aeb6b51c61?upload=true.png

This driver is well old and I already have the latest driver installed for my GPU:

Does Anyone Know How to Skip or Ignore a Particular Update? 1beec229-534a-4e1b-8983-633f9c78b822?upload=true.png

I have already tried to let it install, then re-install the latest driver, but this 2017 driver just keeps on trying to install.
    And as stated above, causes my GPU to be very unstable.

It's only started happening since the win 10 2004 update.

On top of reinstalling Windows, I've also already tried SFC and DISM repairs - system is clean:

Does Anyone Know How to Skip or Ignore a Particular Update? 6639fb57-dc04-48e0-8408-414bb75c5dd8?upload=true.png

I just want Windows to stop installing this "old" driver.
    Thanks

Leebee

:)

Lord Lethris, Jun 21, 2020
  2. Polarman Win User

Looking for a particular web site ?

I remember seeing this here but i can't find it using the search thingy.

A guy posted a web site that had a comprensive list of all Windows update 32&64. I used to have it in my favorites before i formatted my HD.

Does someone know it?

They suggested a sticky for it but they never did.

Polarman, Jun 21, 2020
  3. KB3172985 update for Windows 10 fails to install. How to I skip the particular update while Microsoft fixes this?

Hi,

I understand your concern and we will be glad assist you.

I would like to inform you that there is currently no feature in Windows to
    skip the particular update.

I suggest you to try below method and check if it helps.

Method 1: Windows Update troubleshooter.

I suggest you to run the Windows Update troubleshooter and check if it helps.

Windows Update troubleshooter is an automated Windows tool which finds and fixes the common issues with the Window Update.

• Click on search bar next to Start Menu.
    • Type “Troubleshooting” without the quotes and click on
      Troubleshooting.
    • Click on View All on the left panel of the screen.
    • Click on Windows Update
    • Click on Next and follow the prompts to run the troubleshooter.
    If the above steps doesn't work, try the below automatic Windows troubleshooter
    and check if it helps.

Troubleshoot problems with installing updates

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/troubleshoot-problems-installing-updates#1TC=windows-10

Method 2: I suggest you to Reset Windows update components and check if that helps. Refer the below article:

How do I reset Windows Update components?

Windows Update - Additional resources - Windows Deployment

Hope the above information was helpful. If you need further assistance, we will be glad to assist you.

Ashwin V S, Jun 21, 2020
  4. gmopro Win User

Does Anyone Know How to Skip or Ignore a Particular Update?

Power Settings Ignored by Lenovo Yoga 400 laptop

• Did you make any changes to your computer? I dont know.. what kind of changes are you talking about. I only added software.. like Norton Security and a few free MSFT apps.
    • Which Build are you currently in? I dont know..probably the latest one. How do i determine "the build"?? I always update windows and pretty sure this is up to date here.
    • Which troubleshooting steps did you try? Tried everything that was suggested,..power troubleshooter, update graphics card, set power settings to default, and other things.. nothing worked. Has been a problem for many months.
      How do i do this clean boot? I will need instructions for these things..step by step. i am tired of this machine ignoring the power settings. Need this fixed.

gmopro, Jun 21, 2020
Thema:

Does Anyone Know How to Skip or Ignore a Particular Update?

1. Does Anyone Know How to Skip or Ignore a Particular Update? - Similar Threads - Does Anyone Skip

2. does anyone know how to fix this

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    does anyone know how to fix this: i recently factory reset my pc and this message pops up i am connected to the internet and before resetting i never had this problem. and then when i go to update this shows up i would really appreciate some help....
  3. Does anyone know how to fix this?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Does anyone know how to fix this?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Abject-Transition999 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/lzp5l8/does_anyone_know_how_to_fix_this/
  4. Does anyone know how to fix this?

Does anyone know how to fix this?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Cflk_38 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/ljeq5t/does_anyone_know_how_to_fix_this/
  5. Does anyone know how to fix this???

Does anyone know how to fix this???: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/iblvicnfly [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/jl4uq2/does_anyone_know_how_to_fix_this/
  6. Does anyone know how to fix this?

Does anyone know how to fix this?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/yeetmagic124 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/gpyvtz/does_anyone_know_how_to_fix_this/
  7. Does anyone know how to get this?

Does anyone know how to get this?: [ATTACH] I got this feature which as super useful but then I closed it by accident when I tried the Immersive Search. Would it be possible to get it back and if yes how? Search from Google Images submitted by /u/m_beps [link] [comments]...
  8. Does anyone know how to fix this?

Does anyone know how to fix this?: For some reason I get this whenever I try to delete this specific folder. Does anyone know a fix? halp submitted by /u/TheRealRift [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/gevfbj/does_anyone_know_how_to_fix_this/
  9. Does anyone know how to fix this?

Does anyone know how to fix this?: Why keyboards wont respond when you press ( ' ) or (Shift + ') key for 1 click unless you press it double click or key in any different character? submitted by /u/majd_aj [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/eozb6e/does_anyone_know_how_to_fix_this/
  10. how to skip a particular update

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    how to skip a particular update: I have Windows 10 64 bit that's updated to build 1703 already. Now I have a set of updates, including cumulative security and some Nvidia GPU driver update from year 2016 (no kidding). For obvious reason I like to skip that Nvidia device driver update. I did a search on...