Windows 10: does anyone know how to stop an update from continually downloading and installing when it...

Discus and support does anyone know how to stop an update from continually downloading and installing when it... in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; how do I stop this app/update FROM CONTINUALLY TRYING TO INSTALL AND WASTING TIMW AND DATA....Android - Net - 3/30/2016 12:00:00 AM - 1.0.0.1... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by RobertPerrin2, Apr 22, 2020.

1. does anyone know how to stop an update from continually downloading and installing when it...

how do I stop this app/update FROM CONTINUALLY TRYING TO INSTALL AND WASTING TIMW AND DATA....Android - Net - 3/30/2016 12:00:00 AM - 1.0.0.1

:)

RobertPerrin2, Apr 22, 2020
  2. AsRock Win User

Windows Updates failed to instal

I'm not sure how differant XP media center Edition is but you could clear the history \ cache if these folders are there.

Step 1 Register DLL files.

=================

By trying this step, we can check if the update engines are working properly.

1. Close all instances of Internet Explorer.

2. Click Start and Run, type "Regsvr32 atl.dll" (without quotes) in the Open box and click OK.

Note: There is a space between regsvr32 and atl.dll

3. Similarly, one by one, register the files listed below:

Regsvr32 msxml3.dll

Regsvr32 wuapi.dll

Regsvr32 wuaueng.dll

Regsvr32 wuaueng1.dll

Regsvr32 wups2.dll

Regsvr32 wucltui.dll

Regsvr32 wups.dll

Regsvr32 wuweb.dll

Regsvr32 qmgr.dll

Regsvr32 qmgrprxy.dll

Regsvr32 jscript.dll

Note: If you encounter errors while registering any of these files then skip that file and continue with the next one.

If the issue persists, let's move on to the steps below to verify Windows Update services and temporary folders.

Step 2 Verify the relevant Windows Update services.

=========================================

1. Click Start->Run, type "services.msc" (without quotation marks) in the open box and click OK.

2. Double click the service "Automatic Updates".

3. Click on the Log On tab, please ensure the option "Local System account" is selected and the option "Allow service to interact with desktop" is unchecked.

4. Check if this service has been enabled on the listed Hardware Profile. If not, please click the Enable button to enable it.

5. Click on the tab "General "; make sure the "Startup Type" is "Automatic" or "Manual". Then please click the button "Stop" under "Service Status" to stop the service.

6. Then please click the button "Start" under "Service Status" to start the service.

7. Please repeat the above steps with the other services:

Background Intelligent Transfer Service

Event Log

Remote Procedure Call (RPC)

Note: Event log service is enabled on all of the hardware profiles; this service does not have an option to enable or disable on certain hardware profile.

If it still does not help, let's proceed to step 3.

Step 3 Reload the Update temporary folders.

===================================

One possible cause is that the temporary folder for Windows Update is containing corrupted files. Let's erase all the files there to get the system clean.

1. Click Start, Run, type: cmd and press Enter. Please run the following command in the opened window.

Net stop WuAuServ

2. Click Start, Run, type: %windir% and press Enter.

3. In the opened folder, rename the folder SoftwareDistribution to Sdold.

4. Click Start, Run, type: cmd and press Enter. Please run the following command in the opened window.

Net start WuAuServ

Please test the Windows Update website and let me know the result. If the issue persists, to clarify the issue and provide more accurate troubleshooting steps, please assist me in collecting the following information.

AsRock, Apr 22, 2020
  3. pewe Win User
    How to stop an update download

The other day I connected a TomTom satnav to a usb port to check it for problems for a friend.

The next day Win10 reported an update for TomTom was ready to download and install.

There does not appear to be any way to stop this happening.

Can anyone suggest how I can stop the download and install of this.

Thanks

4. Widjaja Win User

does anyone know how to stop an update from continually downloading and installing when it...

Portal Taking forever to update

Tried to install Portal yesterday and the game stayed on Preparing Installation files continually downloading something (update I guess) but it didn't stop after an hour.

Does anyone know the size of the Portal Update?

Widjaja, Apr 22, 2020
Thema:

does anyone know how to stop an update from continually downloading and installing when it...

1. does anyone know how to stop an update from continually downloading and installing when it... - Similar Threads - does anyone stop

2. Does anyone know how to stop Microsoft Jigsaw from loading on Startup?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Does anyone know how to stop Microsoft Jigsaw from loading on Startup?: I want to stop Miscrosoft Jigsaw from Loading at Startup. You have hidden the Command that triggers it from the tools that I have to list startup rpograms and processes.Why on earth does a puzzle game need to load on Startup?...
  3. Does anyone know how to stop Microsoft Jigsaw from loading on Startup?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Does anyone know how to stop Microsoft Jigsaw from loading on Startup?: I want to stop Miscrosoft Jigsaw from Loading at Startup. You have hidden the Command that triggers it from the tools that I have to list startup rpograms and processes.Why on earth does a puzzle game need to load on Startup?...
  4. Does anyone know how to permanently stop the W 11 22H2 version from installing?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Does anyone know how to permanently stop the W 11 22H2 version from installing?: I have contacted Microsoft Technical support many times, and each time they've promised to help me. Every last thing they've suggested caused the issue to be even worse than it already is. Then, one support rep told me it can and should be done via the PC's Registry, and...
  5. Does anyone know how to permanently stop the W 11 22H2 version from installing?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Does anyone know how to permanently stop the W 11 22H2 version from installing?: I have contacted Microsoft Technical support many times, and each time they've promised to help me. Every last thing they've suggested caused the issue to be even worse than it already is. Then, one support rep told me it can and should be done via the PC's Registry, and...
  6. Anyone know how to stop this from happening?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Anyone know how to stop this from happening?: [ATTACH] Anyone know how to force my pc to update regardless of \"better drivers on my computer\"? submitted by /u/ImTooCoolForYou1 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/k8p3rk/anyone_know_how_to_stop_this_from_happening/
  7. Does anyone know how to stop Photos from lagging when opening?

Does anyone know how to stop Photos from lagging when opening?: When I open a photo, it normally takes a few seconds to open and a black screen precedes the actual photo. It doesn't do this on another laptop I have for work: it opens almost instantly. Is there anything to disable in settings that causes it slow? submitted by...
  8. Does anyone know when store apps update?

Does anyone know when store apps update?: I’d like for apps to update automatically, but they never do, and I don’t think I’ve ever been able to make them do that. Is there something like the iPhones, where it’s has to be asleep, charging and all this stuff? On the Mac I’m pretty sure it updates apps once a week. Is...
  9. Anyone know how to stop this?

Anyone know how to stop this?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/nerdedg0y [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/f6uyae/anyone_know_how_to_stop_this/
  10. Does anyone know how to make these notifications stop?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Does anyone know how to make these notifications stop?: I get these ads/notifications in the lower right corner of my screen very often. Preferably I would make these stop. [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/does-anyone-know-how-to-make-these-notifications/d2884d6c-efdc-4d52-b73c-59a2b051109f"