Windows 10: Does anyone know if i can get the old red x close button back

Discus and support Does anyone know if i can get the old red x close button back in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] if you don't know what I'm talking about this might refresh your memory... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Mcflarben, Aug 8, 2020.

1. Does anyone know if i can get the old red x close button back

/u/Mcflarben, Aug 8, 2020

2. Ethernet shows red X and does not appear in settings, but still works

Not sure why this is happening. I have working ethernet and am connected, it works fine. But the taskbar icon shows a red X over it, and the tooltip says "Not Connected - No connections are available". Looking in "Network & Internet", ethernet is not even listed there. And before anyone suggests wireless interference .. this PC does not have a wireless card or integrated wireless.

winderpExpress, Aug 8, 2020
  3. sgage Win User
    Ethernet shows red X and does not appear in settings, but still works

Are you using an Insider build? This is a known issue in one recent one (can't remember which one). I believe the latest preview build fixes it.

sgage, Aug 8, 2020
  4. The Moo Win User

Does anyone know if i can get the old red x close button back

Red "X" on volume icon

Hi! The volume on my computer no longer works because all of a sudden there is a red "X" on the speaker icon, indicating I've turned the volume off...but I haven't! Pushing the volume buttons that are on the computer does not work. Pushing the mute
    button on the computer does not work. The volume just stays muted! Can anyone please advise me on how to get the volume back on my computer? Thank you!!!

The Moo, Aug 8, 2020
Thema:

Does anyone know if i can get the old red x close button back

1. Does anyone know if i can get the old red x close button back - Similar Threads - Does anyone old

2. Does anyone know where I can get a upc_r2_loader64 file?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Does anyone know where I can get a upc_r2_loader64 file?: I can't find any anywhere.- https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/does-anyone-know-where-i-can-get-a-upcr2loader64/7dd1fae3-ba43-422c-a92d-d54d2a8c157a
  3. Does anyone know where I can get a upc_r2_loader64 file?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Does anyone know where I can get a upc_r2_loader64 file?: I can't find any anywhere.- https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/does-anyone-know-where-i-can-get-a-upcr2loader64/7dd1fae3-ba43-422c-a92d-d54d2a8c157a
  4. Does anyone know what this red rectangle is or how to get rid of it?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Does anyone know what this red rectangle is or how to get rid of it?: I don't know when it started or where it came from but one day I noticed this on my desktop. It overlays on most apps but not fullscreen games and such. What is it and how can I get rid of it?...
  5. Does anyone know what this red rectangle is or how to get rid of it?

Does anyone know what this red rectangle is or how to get rid of it?: I don't know when it started or where it came from but one day I noticed this on my desktop. It overlays on most apps but not fullscreen games and such. What is it and how can I get rid of it?...
  6. Does anyone know what this red rectangle is or how to get rid of it?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. Does anyone know why outlines of an old edge preview remain in the taskbar after I closed it?

Does anyone know why outlines of an old edge preview remain in the taskbar after I closed it?: In the background is some text. But you can clearly see the outline of a window. This happens to me all the time. Only restarting seems to help....
  8. Anyone know how to disable the X button/stop a window from closing?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Anyone know how to disable the X button/stop a window from closing?: Hi friends, I work in a library that requires students to sign in and out on a kiosk. Unfortunately, thye like to click the X and close the screen to try to avoid having to sign in (don't ask me why...it takes like 5 seconds). And it is a pain to reopen the kiosk screen. Is...
  9. Does anyone know how to get this?

Does anyone know how to get this?: [ATTACH] I got this feature which as super useful but then I closed it by accident when I tried the Immersive Search. Would it be possible to get it back and if yes how? Search from Google Images submitted by /u/m_beps [link] [comments]...
  10. Does anyone know how to fix the colour showing up on the minimize/maximize/close buttons? I...

Does anyone know how to fix the colour showing up on the minimize/maximize/close buttons? I...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/mantecademani [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/ezdhv4/does_anyone_know_how_to_fix_the_colour_showing_up/