Windows 10: Does anyone know if today's WUs includes a patch for Windows 0-Day Patch?

Discus and support Does anyone know if today's WUs includes a patch for Windows 0-Day Patch? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; per https://blog.qualys.com/news/2018/09/10/british-airways-hack-triggers-gdpr-concerns-as-world-awaits-windows-0-day-patch#more-24974... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Taffy087, Sep 11, 2018.

1. Taffy087 Win User

Does anyone know if today's WUs includes a patch for Windows 0-Day Patch?

Taffy087, Sep 11, 2018
  2. RDrewD2 Win User

After a Patch Tuesday WU just now

Hey Taffy,

Long time, no see. Not sure it's the same thing as the notification, but you should be able to view the "improvements" list webpage from the latest WU at:
    Settings / Update / View installed update history, and clicking on the latest KB.

Didn't recognize you without the crest. Hope you're well.

P.S. Crud. You just reminded me, it's patch day. Here we go...

RDrewD2, Sep 11, 2018
  3. Taffy087 Win User
    Failed Patch Tuesday Update - error 0x8024a206. Win10

Today's update on my back-up laptop included the failed Windows Malicious Software Removal Tool & upped the build to 16299.98:

Does anyone know if today's WUs includes a patch for Windows 0-Day Patch? 70af9073-3c25-46e0-a908-120e882ef169.png

So all is now well. Just one final question - was today's WU expected, given it's not a Patch Tuesday?

PS @neilpzz: thanks - that would have been my next step but kind of you to suggest it .

Taffy087, Sep 11, 2018
  4. Does anyone know if today's WUs includes a patch for Windows 0-Day Patch?

Ransomware Patch

Two different cases:

• Windows Vista and Windows XP: They have been released a separate patch for the latest attack. No prerequisites.
    • Windows 7, 8.1, 10: The updates of these OSes are cumulative. The newer patch contains all the previous patches as well. Earlier 7, 8.1 did not follow this, but now they are. For example Build 14393.953 includes patching for MS01070(or whatever) and the
      later builds like 14393.1028 also contains the previous fixes.
    More info here:

http://www.yourwindowsguide.com/2017/05/microsoft-patches-windows-8-and-windows.html

Sumit Dhiman2, Sep 11, 2018
Thema:

Does anyone know if today's WUs includes a patch for Windows 0-Day Patch?

1. Does anyone know if today's WUs includes a patch for Windows 0-Day Patch? - Similar Threads - Does anyone today's

2. Why does each months Windows ISO not include the latest patches?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Why does each months Windows ISO not include the latest patches?: I just downloaded the August 2023 Windows 10 ISO. The file is en-us_windows_10_business_editions_version_22h2_updated_aug_2023_x64_dvd_dc9d38b8.iso and according to the Visual Studio website where I downloaded it, it was released 8/15/2023.As I am installing windows, I have...
  3. Why does each months Windows ISO not include the latest patches?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why does each months Windows ISO not include the latest patches?: I just downloaded the August 2023 Windows 10 ISO. The file is en-us_windows_10_business_editions_version_22h2_updated_aug_2023_x64_dvd_dc9d38b8.iso and according to the Visual Studio website where I downloaded it, it was released 8/15/2023.As I am installing windows, I have...
  4. Why does each months Windows ISO not include the latest patches?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Microsoft patches several critical security issues on the May 2023 Windows Patch Day

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft patches several critical security issues on the May 2023 Windows Patch Day: Microsoft released security updates and non-security updates for all supported versions of its Windows operating system and other company products on the May 2023 Patch Tuesday. All versions of Windows are affected by critical updates. Updates were also released for other...
  6. Does enablement package include security patches

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Does enablement package include security patches: Hello MS, all our devices never been updated since Sept 2022. Currently we are planning to updates to 22h2 via enablement package. Does this enablement package include the latest security patches? If no, after i upgrade to 22h2, do i need to install all the monthly security...
  7. Does enablement package include security patches

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Does enablement package include security patches: Hello MS, all our devices never been updated since Sept 2022. Currently we are planning to updates to 22h2 via enablement package. Does this enablement package include the latest security patches? If no, after i upgrade to 22h2, do i need to install all the monthly security...
  8. Does enablement package include security patches

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  9. Windows 10 BSODs after Feb2020 patch today.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 BSODs after Feb2020 patch today.: Windows 10 Pro keeps crashing after the Tuesday Patch today. Was mostly getting SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED but last time I tried it was KERNEL_HEAP_CORRUPTED or smth like that. With the system thread ones it said storvsp.sys was the problem file. BSOD happens ~3...
  10. Latest Microsoft Update Patches New Windows 0-Day Under Active Attack

in Windows 10 News
    Latest Microsoft Update Patches New Windows 0-Day Under Active Attack: With its latest and last Patch Tuesday for 2019, Microsoft is warning billions of its users of a new Windows zero-day vulnerability that attackers are actively exploiting in the wild in combination with a Chrome exploit to take remote control over vulnerable computers....