Windows 10: Does anyone know what DIRECT-NjDESKTOP-RQ63M07msyS means? It appears under the Public...

Discus and support Does anyone know what DIRECT-NjDESKTOP-RQ63M07msyS means? It appears under the Public... in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; When one opens windows defender to the firewall and internet connection section you are presented with three network sections - domain, private, and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by KirtRicks, Sep 20, 2018.

1. KirtRicks Win User

Does anyone know what DIRECT-NjDESKTOP-RQ63M07msyS means? It appears under the Public...

When one opens windows defender to the firewall and internet connection section you are presented with three network sections - domain, private, and public. Under the public section this appears - DIRECT-NjDESKTOP-RQ63M07msyS. I don't know why or what it is? Can anyone help?

:)

KirtRicks, Sep 20, 2018

2. Windows 10 shows Direct x 12

Hi Jagdishservi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I apologize for the inconvenience caused. We are glad to help you.

• Where have checked for the version of Direct x?

I suggest you to follow the below steps and check:

• Press Windows + R keys together.

• Type dxdiag in the run prompt and hit enter.

• Now check for the version of Direct x.

Hope this information helps. Do contact us with the updated status of the issue. We will be happy to assist you.

Regards,

Jenith

Jenith_James, Sep 20, 2018
  3. Public documents sharing

My question is how do other computers see it as homegroup window does not list public folders?

I know how to put files into public it is the next step that I am not understanding in setting up the network/computers etc to see the public folders.

I have spent a day trying to understand/working out how to do this it is not obvious as the homegroup page only shows library folders that I do not want to share.

So how do I get the homegroup to show public folders?

peterprewett, Sep 20, 2018
  4. Does anyone know what DIRECT-NjDESKTOP-RQ63M07msyS means? It appears under the Public...

Change Network from Public to Private

Hi,

Thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

I suggest you to follow the steps below to
    change your network from Public to Private:

• Type PowerShell in Search Window and then right click on it and click on
      Run as Administrator.

• Type the following command to find your interface Index:
      Get-NetConnectionProfile

• Use your interface index (for example 5) with this command:
      Set-NetConnectionProfile -InterfaceIndex 5 -NetworkCategory Private

• Now reboot the device and check if the network has changed from Public to Private.
    Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Giridhar J, Sep 20, 2018
Thema:

Does anyone know what DIRECT-NjDESKTOP-RQ63M07msyS means? It appears under the Public...

1. Does anyone know what DIRECT-NjDESKTOP-RQ63M07msyS means? It appears under the Public... - Similar Threads - Does anyone DIRECT

2. Does anyone know what this is?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Does anyone know what this is?: can this be malware? I have fully scanned my pc but nothing showed up and tried finding what this is but cant seem to find it anywhere in the task manager or services. my pc has been under performing lately my cpu usage has always been high when all i got open was a...
  3. Does anyone know what this means?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Does anyone know what this means?: I don't know much at all about computers, so please forgive my ignorance. My Wi-Fi driver Intel Wireless - AC 9560 keeps failing, but I don't if this has anything to do with that. I pushed the maintenance button and it showed this warning. Will this help with my Wi-Fi Driver?...
  4. Does anyone know what this means?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Does anyone know what this means?: I don't know much at all about computers, so please forgive my ignorance. My Wi-Fi driver Intel Wireless - AC 9560 keeps failing, but I don't if this has anything to do with that. I pushed the maintenance button and it showed this warning. Will this help with my Wi-Fi Driver?...
  5. Does anyone know what is this?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Does anyone know what is this?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/copZ97 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/l62i5z/does_anyone_know_what_is_this/
  6. Anyone knows what this means?

Anyone knows what this means?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/snipe_blaze [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/khyxjf/anyone_knows_what_this_means/
  7. Anyone know what do these numbers mean?

Anyone know what do these numbers mean?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/CaptOmar98 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/itrkef/anyone_know_what_do_these_numbers_mean/
  8. Anyone know what all the BSOD's mean?

in Windows 10 Support
    Anyone know what all the BSOD's mean?: Like i'm just wondering, does anyone know what all the different BSOD Codes mean? Thanks! 163049
  9. Does anyone know what this mean's?

Does anyone know what this mean's?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/flying_night_slasher [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/fc51tw/does_anyone_know_what_this_means/
  10. Does anyone know what this is?

Does anyone know what this is?: [ATTACH] Weird multiplying tabs that I can only see in task manager keep randomly showing up and they all have this logo on it. I've tried resetting my computer and looking for it in the control pannel but I cannot find anything. I close them only for 10 more to appear...