Windows 10: Does anyone know what the wlan_memlog.log file is?

Discus and support Does anyone know what the wlan_memlog.log file is? in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hi! About a month ago, Windows Defender found a trojan virus on my laptop and reported that a file inside the C:\Windows\System32\drivers named... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by james_patrick, Feb 18, 2021.

1. Does anyone know what the wlan_memlog.log file is?

Hi! About a month ago, Windows Defender found a trojan virus on my laptop and reported that a file inside the C:\Windows\System32\drivers named "hostdump_mem_log1000001d3.[a few digits]" was affected. Since it was stopped and no other suspicious events happened since then, I didn't think much about it. Fast forward to a few days ago, my laptop suddenly slowed down significantly, which made me curious about the virus I encountered previously. I checked C:\Windows\System32\drivers again and this is what I found:

• There's a bunch of .log files with names starting with hostdump_mem_log1000001d3. and ending with varying digits. For example: hostdump_mem_log.1000001d3.3327640.log
    • They are created almost randomly, but there are times where a few of them can appear in a day. About 5 hostdump_mem_log files appeared on Feb 1, and at least 10 appeared back in Feb 13. I have not seen any pattern regarding times and frequency of their creation.
    • The trojan virus was detected around January. The earliest hostdump_mem_log file I saw in the drivers folder appeared back in October.
    • On February 16, 2021, I saw that a hostdump_mem_log file was created. A wlan_memlog file was also modified at the same exact time. This wlan_memlog.log file was created in August 2020 and it looked like it was being modified everytime a hostdump_mem_log file is created. I deleted these log files after documenting them.
    • The laptop significantly moved faster after deleting them, not sure if it is related to me deleting the log files.
    • Just this morning I got a BSOD with an error code of CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED. A single hostdump_mem_log file and a wlan_memlog file was also created around the same time. Unsure as well if the BSOD and the wlan_memlog files are related as this was the first time I took notice.

I don't really know much about these files and I haven't seen anything in the internet talking about this. I'm wondering if it's some sort of logs done by Windows or Asus, or some kind of malware. Does anyone know what the wlan_memlog.log OR hostdump_mem_log.log files are?

Thank you!

:)

james_patrick, Feb 18, 2021
  2. Tatty_One Win User

Saves log files ?

You can either read the files in Windows or my preferred method is.....

Download CCcleaner from here...........

CCleaner Professional | Try the world’s most trusted PC cleaner, free!

You can then run cleaner, you will see the log files listed, then if you right click you can save as a text file and then have a read. You may also get an "error reporting" log listed seperatly.

Tatty_One, Feb 18, 2021
  3. M3cael Win User
    Only write one number to log file and delete old ones?

Hey,

I'm trying to have some software read from a .text file a number (GPU Temp) but the software will only the first number in a list (Or the first anything)

Is there a way to have to log file delete the previous entries and write the new number in it's place without any headers?

EDIT:

Sorry I'll try again.

I have some webcam software that can read a number (or whatever) from a text file and then it displays the number as an overlay.

See here: http://10.244.193.13:8081/

I was trying to use GPU-z to do this but as it logs as a list the webcam software can't update properly (also it reads the headings of the file and displays them instead)

Is there anyway to alter the logging to only output just the number (GPU Temp) and to delete the old numbers so the new value is the only value in the file.

M3cael, Feb 18, 2021
  4. Does anyone know what the wlan_memlog.log file is?

[Help] Log File

Hey all,

Has anyone used the log file with powershell? I am looking to parse the log file but it is not being friendly. I save the log file as an XML and/or CSV but it doesn't really format the data correctly.

jam1239665, Feb 18, 2021
Thema:

Does anyone know what the wlan_memlog.log file is?

1. Does anyone know what the wlan_memlog.log file is? - Similar Threads - Does anyone wlan_memlog

2. Does anyone know what this means?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Does anyone know what this means?: I don't know much at all about computers, so please forgive my ignorance. My Wi-Fi driver Intel Wireless - AC 9560 keeps failing, but I don't if this has anything to do with that. I pushed the maintenance button and it showed this warning. Will this help with my Wi-Fi Driver?...
  3. Does anyone know what this means?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Does anyone know what this means?: I don't know much at all about computers, so please forgive my ignorance. My Wi-Fi driver Intel Wireless - AC 9560 keeps failing, but I don't if this has anything to do with that. I pushed the maintenance button and it showed this warning. Will this help with my Wi-Fi Driver?...
  4. Does anyone know what is this?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Does anyone know what is this?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/copZ97 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/l62i5z/does_anyone_know_what_is_this/
  5. Does anyone know what this bug is?

Does anyone know what this bug is?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/World_enderr [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/khii0z/does_anyone_know_what_this_bug_is/
  6. Does anyone knows what is it?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Does anyone knows what is it?: Does anyone knows what is it showing on the picture. It keeps happening when I'm playing game. I play FPS, it might be the tab, cap locks, shift keys of some kind of combination. When it happens whenever key I press, it will force the game to go to the desktop. Most of the it...
  7. tinylumala.exe does anyone know what this is ?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    tinylumala.exe does anyone know what this is ?: found this on my system . what is it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/tinylumalaexe-does-anyone-know-what-this-is/b3f8751c-e830-47fa-8801-8c60176d028c
  8. Does anyone knows what ene.exe is?

Does anyone knows what ene.exe is?: I found a folder on my c drive called ENE and I has only the ene.exe it does nothing when I run it submitted by /u/dedsecblume [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/ipzwpb/does_anyone_knows_what_eneexe_is/
  9. Does anyone know what this mean's?

Does anyone know what this mean's?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/flying_night_slasher [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/fc51tw/does_anyone_know_what_this_means/
  10. Does anyone know what this is?

Does anyone know what this is?: [ATTACH] Weird multiplying tabs that I can only see in task manager keep randomly showing up and they all have this logo on it. I've tried resetting my computer and looking for it in the control pannel but I cannot find anything. I close them only for 10 more to appear...