Windows 10: Does anyone know what this is and whether I should delete this file or restore it?...

Discus and support Does anyone know what this is and whether I should delete this file or restore it?... in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hey guys, so I turned on my computer and then my antivirus Malwarebytes ran its daily scan and had an RTP detection, which lead to an file being... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by DJED01, Jul 15, 2022.

1. DJED01 Win User

Does anyone know what this is and whether I should delete this file or restore it?...

Hey guys, so I turned on my computer and then my antivirus Malwarebytes ran its daily scan and had an RTP detection, which lead to an file being quarantined. Now this file is classified as a Malware.AI2180662197 , and the file location is C:\ProgramData\ASUS\ASUS System Control Interface\ASUS Optimization\ASUS Keyboard Hotkeys\ATKOSD2Help.dll I have an ASUS Vivobook, and I am running Windows 11

:)

DJED01, Jul 15, 2022
  2. suraswami Win User

Deleted file restore software.

Shute I never thought about system restore. But its been more than a week now, don't know if I can go back that far. But even then will it put back user files?

suraswami, Jul 15, 2022
  3. Pinchy Win User

I cant remember if it recovers old files OR leaves new files on the computer even after you do the restore. I havent used it in a while.

Pinchy, Jul 15, 2022
  4. Pinchy Win User

Does anyone know what this is and whether I should delete this file or restore it?...

Oh.

So your running the backup software from the server and not the computer.

Yep I see whats happened. Just for the future (althought I am sure you wont make the same mistake again) make sure you select and option that says "if it cant find the file, DONT delete". If it doesnt have that option...switch to SynbackSE.

An FYI: difference between incremental and differential is that differential copies all new / changed files since the last full backup......incremental copies all new / changed files since the last backup no matter what it was (incremental/full/differential).

Now to get your files back:

Tried a system restore on the server?

Pinchy, Jul 15, 2022
Thema:

1. Does anyone know what this is and whether I should delete this file or restore it?... - Similar Threads - Does anyone whether

2. Does anyone know what this is?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Does anyone know what this is?: can this be malware? I have fully scanned my pc but nothing showed up and tried finding what this is but cant seem to find it anywhere in the task manager or services. my pc has been under performing lately my cpu usage has always been high when all i got open was a...
  3. Does anyone know what this is?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Does anyone know what this is?: can this be malware? I have fully scanned my pc but nothing showed up and tried finding what this is but cant seem to find it anywhere in the task manager or services. my pc has been under performing lately my cpu usage has always been high when all i got open was a...
  4. Does anyone know what this is?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. Does anyone know what this is and whether I should delete this file or restore it?...

Does anyone know what this is and whether I should delete this file or restore it?...: Hey guys, so I turned on my computer and then my antivirus Malwarebytes ran its daily scan and had an RTP detection, which lead to an file being quarantined. Now this file is classified as a Malware.AI2180662197 , and the file location is C:\ProgramData\ASUS\ASUS System...
  6. Does anyone know what the wlan_memlog.log file is?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Does anyone know what the wlan_memlog.log file is?: Hi! About a month ago, Windows Defender found a trojan virus on my laptop and reported that a file inside the C:\Windows\System32\drivers named "hostdump_mem_log1000001d3.[a few digits]" was affected. Since it was stopped and no other suspicious events happened since then, I...
  7. Does anyone know what is this?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Does anyone know what is this?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/copZ97 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/l62i5z/does_anyone_know_what_is_this/
  8. Does anyone knows what is it?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Does anyone knows what is it?: Does anyone knows what is it showing on the picture. It keeps happening when I'm playing game. I play FPS, it might be the tab, cap locks, shift keys of some kind of combination. When it happens whenever key I press, it will force the game to go to the desktop. Most of the it...
  9. Does anyone know what this is?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Does anyone know what this is?: [ATTACH] Weird multiplying tabs that I can only see in task manager keep randomly showing up and they all have this logo on it. I've tried resetting my computer and looking for it in the control pannel but I cannot find anything. I close them only for 10 more to appear...
  10. Does anyone knows any file delete app?

Does anyone knows any file delete app?: Hi, I'm using the Tuneup 2016 app, this suite has a program called Tuneup shredder, I wonder if someone knows any alternative of this tool. This app safes delete the files. I'm planning to stop using Tuneup but i find very usefull the file deteler. Thanks!. 67676