Windows 10: Does anyone know where my search bar went it disappeared some how

Discus and support Does anyone know where my search bar went it disappeared some how in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] submitted by /u/George_1928 [link] [comments]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/George_1928, Apr 14, 2021.

1. Does anyone know where my search bar went it disappeared some how

/u/George_1928, Apr 14, 2021

2. Disable new search bar in Outlook 365

OK. There is a way to disable this new search box in Microsoft Office 365. For Outlook:

1. Open Outlook 365.
    2. On the lower left-hand corner click options.
    3. In the User Interface options under the General Tab, click the checkbox Collapse the Microsoft Search box by default.
    4. Click OK.

The search box will now disappear. However, disabling this option would only work on that application. If you open Microsoft Word or PowerPoint, you will need to do these same steps to disable the search box (if present) as well. Let me know if this works for you.

Guardian Angel, Apr 14, 2021
  3. Search Bar/Cortana

Hello,

Thank you for posting your concern here in Microsoft Community and welcome to the Windows 10 family.

From the description, I understand that you are still receiving the pop up notifications, despite having disabled the search functionality in windows 10.

Steps to disable the Search Bar

• Right click on the task bar.
    • Select the "Search" option.
    • Select "Disable."
    However, if the above steps don't work out, perform the below suggested steps and check if it helps to resolve the issue.

Open a CMD window started as Administrator.

Repair corruption: Dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth.

Run this command next: Sfc /scannow

Now run these two commands:

PowerShell -ExecutionPolicy Unrestricted

Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers |Where-Object {$_.InstallLocation -like "*SystemApps*"} | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml"}

Hope the above information was helpful.

Thank You.

Sayan_Ghosh, Apr 14, 2021
  4. Jay Jap Win User

Does anyone know where my search bar went it disappeared some how

Search bar stuck while trying to type in the search bar

Hello DhananjayaSwain,

We would like to know more information regarding your concern so that we will know why the search bar is not working. Have you recently made any changes/updates prior to this issue?

Did you run the troubleshooter to rebuild the indexing? If not, I would suggest that you run the troubleshooter to fix common indexing issue. You can run the troubleshooter by performing these steps:

• Press the Windows key on your keyboard and type
      Troubleshoot.
    • Choose Troubleshoot in the results.
    • Under Find and fix other problems highlight
      Search and Indexing then click Run the troubleshooter.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards.

Jay Jap, Apr 14, 2021
Thema:

Does anyone know where my search bar went it disappeared some how

1. Does anyone know where my search bar went it disappeared some how - Similar Threads - Does anyone where

2. Does anyone know how to fix this on game bar partys?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Does anyone know how to fix this on game bar partys?: Any help will be much appreciated https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/does-anyone-know-how-to-fix-this-on-game-bar/8964650e-1d32-4b18-b23e-f346099bd435
  3. Does anyone know how to fix this on game bar partys?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Does anyone know how to fix this on game bar partys?: Any help will be much appreciated https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/does-anyone-know-how-to-fix-this-on-game-bar/8964650e-1d32-4b18-b23e-f346099bd435
  4. Anyone knows how to remove this bar?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Anyone knows how to remove this bar?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/DavidSa07 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/mbrmj8/anyone_knows_how_to_remove_this_bar/
  5. Does anyone know how to fix the game bar.

Does anyone know how to fix the game bar.: Does anyone know how to fix x box game bar recorder. In my settings I set the "record game clips, screenshots and broadcast using game bar" to ON but then when I exit the settings app, or go to a different application it automatically turns off, please help submitted by...
  6. Does anyone know how to expand this bar further?

Does anyone know how to expand this bar further?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/VitorShibateiro [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/ic2qkc/does_anyone_know_how_to_expand_this_bar_further/
  7. Hello everyone, recently all the icons in the search bar have disappeared. Does anyone know...

Hello everyone, recently all the icons in the search bar have disappeared. Does anyone know...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/tonslitis [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/h9y2wk/hello_everyone_recently_all_the_icons_in_the/
  8. Does anyone how to remove this Google search bar?

Does anyone how to remove this Google search bar?: [IMG] I woke up to this. I am pretty sure I didn't download suspicious apps lately. I searched on the web for answers, but nothing matched to this. I couldn't turn it off with the task manager, web discovery Doesn't exist on this computer, and so on. there is a slight...
  9. Maybe a stupid question, but does anyone know how to turn the Search Bar on the taskbar...

Maybe a stupid question, but does anyone know how to turn the Search Bar on the taskbar...: I prefer not to use the dark mode (currently using the default theme thus not the light theme) and it would be super cool if I got my Search Bar turned to grey/dark. submitted by /u/kyrim013 [link] [comments]...
  10. i upgraded to 1909 does anyone know how to make search bar appear in task bar in stead of...

i upgraded to 1909 does anyone know how to make search bar appear in task bar in stead of...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/buyingaspaceship [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/dvtzpt/i_upgraded_to_1909_does_anyone_know_how_to_make/