Windows 10: Does anyone know why my search bar just doesn’t work I can’t type in it and it’s the same...

Discus and support Does anyone know why my search bar just doesn’t work I can’t type in it and it’s the same... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] submitted by /u/lemongeas-123 [link] [comments]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/lemongeas-123, Jul 30, 2020.

1. Does anyone know why my search bar just doesn’t work I can’t type in it and it’s the same...

/u/lemongeas-123, Jul 30, 2020
  2. Jay Jap Win User

Search bar stuck while trying to type in the search bar

Hello DhananjayaSwain,

We would like to know more information regarding your concern so that we will know why the search bar is not working. Have you recently made any changes/updates prior to this issue?

Did you run the troubleshooter to rebuild the indexing? If not, I would suggest that you run the troubleshooter to fix common indexing issue. You can run the troubleshooter by performing these steps:

• Press the Windows key on your keyboard and type
      Troubleshoot.
    • Choose Troubleshoot in the results.
    • Under Find and fix other problems highlight
      Search and Indexing then click Run the troubleshooter.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards.

Jay Jap, Jul 30, 2020
  3. John Ado Win User
    John Ado, Jul 30, 2020
  4. Does anyone know why my search bar just doesn’t work I can’t type in it and it’s the same...

Typing in the search bar no longer works (Fall Creator's Update)

Hi Jennifer,

A corrupted operating system is one of possible causes why Windows search is not working properly. To isolate your concern, kindly answer the following:

• When you say "I can't open a simple command prompt", are you not able to access the Command prompt when you press Windows key + X?
    • Have are the specific troubleshooting steps that you have done so far? Have you tried SFC scan and DISM?

According to some users who have got stuck in Windows search not working after Windows 10 Creators Update or can’t type in Windows 10 search box malfunction, the missing language bar may the culprit, causing the Windows 10 taskbar search problems

1. Press Win + R to open the Run command.

2. Copy or type the command "C:\Windows\system32\ctfmon.exe" in the Run box and then click Enter to bring back the language bar.

Does anyone know why my search bar just doesn’t work I can’t type in it and it’s the same... windows-search-bar-not-working.jpg

Then the language bar should be back and you can type in Windows search, Start menu, Cortana search and use them to find Windows 10 apps as normal as before.

We are looking forward to your response.

Raymond Ave, Jul 30, 2020
Thema:

Does anyone know why my search bar just doesn’t work I can’t type in it and it’s the same...

1. Does anyone know why my search bar just doesn’t work I can’t type in it and it’s the same... - Similar Threads - Does anyone why

2. Search bar doesn’t work settings doesn’t work and windows tab

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Search bar doesn’t work settings doesn’t work and windows tab: I’ve been having this issue for the last few days. When I turn on my pc everything is fine but my search bar doesn’t work and I can’t use my windows tab the thing that shows all the apps and same with settings I’ve tried restarting the tab bar and I’ve tried using cbm I think...
  3. My search bar doesn’t show icons and I can’t open apps..

in Windows 10 Customization
    My search bar doesn’t show icons and I can’t open apps..: I click on the search bar, and then go to open an app and it shows an ms news icon and I can’t open it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-search-bar-doesnt-show-icons-and-i-cant-open/b11951f6-17f5-4f7a-a95d-cf35a53cf0d3
  4. My search bar doesn’t show icons and I can’t open apps..

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My search bar doesn’t show icons and I can’t open apps..: I click on the search bar, and then go to open an app and it shows an ms news icon and I can’t open it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-search-bar-doesnt-show-icons-and-i-cant-open/b11951f6-17f5-4f7a-a95d-cf35a53cf0d3
  5. My search bar doesn’t show icons and I can’t open apps..

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. Does anyone know why my PC does this?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Does anyone know why my PC does this?: Hi! I have an issue that whenever i try to restart my computer, it goes through the process of restarting, shows the restart screen, and when it needs to go to black screen, and then motherboard screen and windows loading, it does not. Right after restart screen, it drops a...
  7. Does anyone know why my PC does this?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Does anyone know why my PC does this?: Hi! I have an issue that whenever i try to restart my computer, it goes through the process of restarting, shows the restart screen, and when it needs to go to black screen, and then motherboard screen and windows loading, it does not. Right after restart screen, it drops a...
  8. Does anyone know why my PC does this?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  9. I can’t open my start menu or search bar. Anyone know a fix?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I can’t open my start menu or search bar. Anyone know a fix?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/bigbudsy [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/kcreje/i_cant_open_my_start_menu_or_search_bar_anyone/
  10. Can’t type on search bar/type anything in windows

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can’t type on search bar/type anything in windows: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/finsterer1020 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/jihipv/cant_type_on_search_bartype_anything_in_windows/