Windows 10: Does anyone know why outlines of an old edge preview remain in the taskbar after I closed it?

Discus and support Does anyone know why outlines of an old edge preview remain in the taskbar after I closed it? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; In the background is some text. But you can clearly see the outline of a window. This happens to me all the time. Only restarting seems to help.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Severin_500, Mar 4, 2022.

1. Does anyone know why outlines of an old edge preview remain in the taskbar after I closed it?

In the background is some text. But you can clearly see the outline of a window. This happens to me all the time. Only restarting seems to help.

:)

Severin_500, Mar 4, 2022
  2. DRDNA Win User

Video Thumbnail on Taskbar

The feature is called Taskbar preview and is not supposed to remain open after you remove the cursor from the icon. So it is working proper when it closes preview once the cursor is removed from the Taskbar icon.

EDIT: I have seen Taskbar preview stick and stay open before myself even after the cursor has been removed but that not suppose to happen and I don't know for sure why it happens in the first place but I'm guessing it has to do with memory running low .....

DRDNA, Mar 4, 2022
  3. RAPw10 Win User
    Window Outline Remains Even Though Window Is Closed

Last, previously closed window outline remains displayed. Sometimes can 'force' it to go away by left clicking on an unused portion of desktop but not always.

Does anyone know why outlines of an old edge preview remain in the taskbar after I closed it? [​IMG]

Just got laptop for Christmas and has always had this problem so might be a setting.

Have looked at Advanced -> Visual Settings but didn't see any that looked like would fix (tried setting Best Performance - which turned everything off but didn't fix)

RAPw10, Mar 4, 2022
  4. Kem Mon Win User

Does anyone know why outlines of an old edge preview remain in the taskbar after I closed it?

Site links not working in Chrome or Edge

Hi,

Have you tried resetting your browser? If not, we suggest you to do so. To reset Edge, follow these steps:

• Go to
      Browser Settings.

• Clear
      Browser Data.

• Close the browser and launch it again.

If the issue persist, follow these other steps:

• Go to
      Task Manager.

• Click on
      MicrosoftedgeCP.exe

• End the task.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards.

Kem Mon, Mar 4, 2022
Thema:

Does anyone know why outlines of an old edge preview remain in the taskbar after I closed it?

1. Does anyone know why outlines of an old edge preview remain in the taskbar after I closed it? - Similar Threads - Does anyone why

2. Does anyone know why the microsoft.microsoftskydrive_8wekyb3d8bbwe and...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Does anyone know why the microsoft.microsoftskydrive_8wekyb3d8bbwe and...: Does anyone know why the microsoft.microsoftskydrive_8wekyb3d8bbwe and microsoft.office.sway_8wekyb3d8bbwe occur when trying to enrol new devices in InTunes using Set up for school Pcs?...
  3. Does anyone know why the microsoft.microsoftskydrive_8wekyb3d8bbwe and...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Does anyone know why the microsoft.microsoftskydrive_8wekyb3d8bbwe and...: Does anyone know why the microsoft.microsoftskydrive_8wekyb3d8bbwe and microsoft.office.sway_8wekyb3d8bbwe occur when trying to enrol new devices in InTunes using Set up for school Pcs?...
  4. Does anyone know why the microsoft.microsoftskydrive_8wekyb3d8bbwe and...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Does anyone knows why the microsoft.microsoftskydrive_8wekyb3d8bbwe and...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Does anyone knows why the microsoft.microsoftskydrive_8wekyb3d8bbwe and...: Does anyone knows why the microsoft.microsoftskydrive_8wekyb3d8bbwe and microsoft.office.sway_8wekyb3d8bbwe occur when trying to enrol new devices in InTunes using Set up for school Pcs?...
  6. Does anyone knows why the microsoft.microsoftskydrive_8wekyb3d8bbwe and...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Does anyone knows why the microsoft.microsoftskydrive_8wekyb3d8bbwe and...: Does anyone knows why the microsoft.microsoftskydrive_8wekyb3d8bbwe and microsoft.office.sway_8wekyb3d8bbwe occur when trying to enrol new devices in InTunes using Set up for school Pcs?...
  7. Does anyone knows why the microsoft.microsoftskydrive_8wekyb3d8bbwe and...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Umm... does anyone know why?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Umm... does anyone know why?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Wonderful_Artichoke8 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/uzl9vu/umm_does_anyone_know_why/
  9. Does anyone know why outlines of an old edge preview remain in the taskbar after I closed it?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Does anyone know why outlines of an old edge preview remain in the taskbar after I closed it?: In the background is some text. But you can clearly see the outline of a window. This happens to me all the time. Only restarting seems to help....
  10. Window Outline Remains Even Though Window Is Closed

in Windows 10 Support
    Window Outline Remains Even Though Window Is Closed: Last, previously closed window outline remains displayed. Sometimes can 'force' it to go away by left clicking on an unused portion of desktop but not always. [img] Just got laptop for Christmas and has always had this problem so might be a setting. Have looked at...