Windows 10: Does anyone know why some of the icons are white, and how I can fix them?

Discus and support Does anyone know why some of the icons are white, and how I can fix them? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] submitted by /u/24nick42 [link] [comments]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/24nick42, Dec 4, 2019.

1. Does anyone know why some of the icons are white, and how I can fix them?

/u/24nick42, Dec 4, 2019
  2. MCK
    mck Win User

Cannot change desktop icon

Sometimes a desktop icon changes from what it was to a plain white folder. Might be something I did but not sure what.

To change it to the icon I want, I go:
    1. Rt-click icon > Properties > Change icon
    2. I select the icon I want from the thumbnails of icons.
    3. Click OK
    4. Click Apply
    But the icon does not change. It just stays looking like a white folder.
    HOWEVER, if I pin the icon to the taskbar, the icon on the taskbar does look like the icon I selected in step-2. So the change is registered with Win10 but the icon on the desktop just doesn't change.

Any ideas on how to fix this?

3. ARC
    Arc Win User
    My Icons keep going white it's really annoying does anyone know a fix

Does anyone know why some of the icons are white, and how I can fix them? [​IMG]

Are all those store apps?
    If so, are those displaying the correct icons in the start menu?
    What about the icons of non-store software?

4. Edwin Win User

Does anyone know why some of the icons are white, and how I can fix them?

Making the taskbar Edge icon white

Basically, there are 13 blue .png's with replica white ones to their immediate right.
    You need to remove the blue ones and rename the replica white ones with the blue ones names...

Does anyone know why some of the icons are white, and how I can fix them? [​IMG]

Edwin, Dec 4, 2019
Thema:

Does anyone know why some of the icons are white, and how I can fix them?

1. Does anyone know why some of the icons are white, and how I can fix them? - Similar Threads - Does anyone why

2. Does anyone know how to fix the symbol problem

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Does anyone know how to fix the symbol problem: Does anyone know how to fix the symbol problem They didn't flip like a Windows 7 problem, they just messed up one icon with another Example software wears a removable drive icon when happy friends like Ben have this icon I'm talking about her taskbar where the beginning...
  3. Windows failed to start. Does anyone know how to fix this?

Windows failed to start. Does anyone know how to fix this?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Xander2299 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/dxv261/windows_failed_to_start_does_anyone_know_how_to/
  4. Anyone knows how to fix this???

Anyone knows how to fix this???: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/kam3liondude [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/dxthct/anyone_knows_how_to_fix_this/
  5. Does anyone know how to fix my browser Font size?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Does anyone know how to fix my browser Font size?: I Cant see my tabs or settings, ironically edge is perfectly fine. Assistance?[ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/does-anyone-know-how-to-fix-my-browser-font-size/234c0e23-686e-49f9-845c-7c5ac409be77
  6. does anyone know how fix sliders in apps

in Windows 10 Customization
    does anyone know how fix sliders in apps: i have gimp and inkscape and both have sliders in to control tools and effects but i cant seem to move them without them resetting to zero. this seems to happen on most of my programs that use sliders. i made a new login user for my computer and the new user has no problems...
  7. Does anyone know of this software?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Does anyone know of this software?: Hi folks - This was passed onto me by a old friend: Ultimate Boot CD - Overview Doesn't even look like it is updated. Is it known and trusted? Few details. TIA *Zip 121780
  8. Does anyone else have this problem with their mouse, and how can I fix it?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Does anyone else have this problem with their mouse, and how can I fix it?: My dad has a problem with his mouse. More specifically, the mouse wheel. He has the amount of lines to scroll at a time set to 3, but at random times, it will start scrolling 6 lines at a time, for a random amount of time. I have no idea what is causing it or how to fix it....
  9. My Icons keep going white it's really annoying does anyone know a fix

in Windows 10 Support
    My Icons keep going white it's really annoying does anyone know a fix: My Icons keep going white it's really annoying does anyone know a fix? I posted about this last year and got gave a link to rebuild icon cache. Surely I shouldn't have to do it several times a week, or at all!! I am really fed up with it I'm taking it back to the shop, as the...
  10. Does anyone know what this icon means? [Different Notification icon]

in Windows 10 Support
    Does anyone know what this icon means? [Different Notification icon]: Today when i opened my laptop, the ''Notifications'' icon was little different. Does anyone know what that means and how i can bring it back to normal? EDIT: Problem solved. It was the ''Quiet hour'' icon little bug thingy, and fixed it by checking and unchecking it only....