Windows 10: Does anyone know why this .reg script won't work?

Discus and support Does anyone know why this .reg script won't work? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/shmoobalizer, Jul 7, 2020.

1. Does anyone know why this .reg script won't work?

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00 [HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\CLSID\{645FF040-5081-101B-9F08-00AA002F954E}\DefaultIcon] "(Default)"="C:\Icons\ico55.ico,0" [HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\CLSID\{645FF040-5081-101B-9F08-00AA002F954E}\DefaultIcon] "empty"="C:\Icons\ico55.ico,0" [HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\CLSID\{645FF040-5081-101B-9F08-00AA002F954E}\DefaultIcon] "full"="C:\Icons\ico54.ico,0"

It's meant to change the recycle bin icon, but it doesn't apply any changes upon run.

submitted by /u/shmoobalizer
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/shmoobalizer, Jul 7, 2020

2. auto trivia restart script?

I know everyone is so busy here so I'm suggesting an auto restart script so trivia is a benefit instead of a burden. Can anyone make this script?

vectoravtech, Jul 7, 2020
  3. Windows Script Host

Hi Tiara,

The message "Windows Script Host access is disabled on this machine. Contact your administrator for details" is usually occurring if a program that does not require the feature of Windows Script Host is running on a Windows PC. For us to provide an accurate
    solution, we would need you to answer the following questions:

• Which build, version and edition of Windows is installed on your computer?
    • Does the message appear when you are launching a specific application?
    • What changes were made to the device before this issue happened?

For initial troubleshooting, we suggest following the steps provided by
    Ramesh Srinivasan
    in this thread.

We are looking forward to your response.

Darleen Pen, Jul 7, 2020
  4. Does anyone know why this .reg script won't work?

DOES ANYONE KNOW THE FIX FOR WINDOWS STORE ERRORS 0x803F8003 AND 0x803F8001?

Hi,

Thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

I suggest you to follow the methods below and check if it helps.

Method 1: Run Windows Update Troubleshooter

I suggest you to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter. Follow these steps to run Windows Update
    troubleshooter:

• Press Windows key + W and type troubleshooting.
    • Select Troubleshooting.
    • Select View all on the top left corner.
    • Click Windows Update troubleshooter.
    • Follow the on-screen instructions to run the troubleshooter.
    • Check if issue persists.
    Method 2

I suggest you to follow these steps and try to run the Windows Store Apps troubleshooter:

• Press Windows key + X on the keyboard.
    • Click on Control panel.
    • Type “Troubleshooting” without quotes in the Control panel search box.
    • Click on Troubleshooting and click on View all.
    • Click on Windows Store Apps troubleshooter and follow the on-screen instructions.
    Method 3

I recommend running the following PowerShell script to re-register the new Store and check if it works:

• Press Windows key + X.
    • Click on Command Prompt (Admin)
    • In the command prompt, enter the following command:
      PowerShell -ExecutionPolicy Unrestricted -Command "& {$manifest = (Get-AppxPackage Microsoft.WindowsStore).InstallLocation + '\AppxManifest.xml' ; Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register $manifest}
    • Reboot the device and check if issue persists.
    Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Giridhar J, Jul 7, 2020
Thema:

Does anyone know why this .reg script won't work?

1. Does anyone know why this .reg script won't work? - Similar Threads - Does anyone why

2. Does anyone know why the microsoft.microsoftskydrive_8wekyb3d8bbwe and...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Does anyone know why the microsoft.microsoftskydrive_8wekyb3d8bbwe and...: Does anyone know why the microsoft.microsoftskydrive_8wekyb3d8bbwe and microsoft.office.sway_8wekyb3d8bbwe occur when trying to enrol new devices in InTunes using Set up for school Pcs?...
  3. Does anyone know why the microsoft.microsoftskydrive_8wekyb3d8bbwe and...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Does anyone know why the microsoft.microsoftskydrive_8wekyb3d8bbwe and...: Does anyone know why the microsoft.microsoftskydrive_8wekyb3d8bbwe and microsoft.office.sway_8wekyb3d8bbwe occur when trying to enrol new devices in InTunes using Set up for school Pcs?...
  4. Does anyone know why the microsoft.microsoftskydrive_8wekyb3d8bbwe and...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Does anyone knows why the microsoft.microsoftskydrive_8wekyb3d8bbwe and...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Does anyone knows why the microsoft.microsoftskydrive_8wekyb3d8bbwe and...: Does anyone knows why the microsoft.microsoftskydrive_8wekyb3d8bbwe and microsoft.office.sway_8wekyb3d8bbwe occur when trying to enrol new devices in InTunes using Set up for school Pcs?...
  6. Does anyone knows why the microsoft.microsoftskydrive_8wekyb3d8bbwe and...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Does anyone knows why the microsoft.microsoftskydrive_8wekyb3d8bbwe and...: Does anyone knows why the microsoft.microsoftskydrive_8wekyb3d8bbwe and microsoft.office.sway_8wekyb3d8bbwe occur when trying to enrol new devices in InTunes using Set up for school Pcs?...
  7. Does anyone knows why the microsoft.microsoftskydrive_8wekyb3d8bbwe and...

8. Does anyone know why my PC does this?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Does anyone know why my PC does this?: Hi! I have an issue that whenever i try to restart my computer, it goes through the process of restarting, shows the restart screen, and when it needs to go to black screen, and then motherboard screen and windows loading, it does not. Right after restart screen, it drops a...
  9. Does anyone know why my PC does this?

Does anyone know why my PC does this?: Hi! I have an issue that whenever i try to restart my computer, it goes through the process of restarting, shows the restart screen, and when it needs to go to black screen, and then motherboard screen and windows loading, it does not. Right after restart screen, it drops a...
  10. Umm... does anyone know why?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Umm... does anyone know why?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Wonderful_Artichoke8 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/uzl9vu/umm_does_anyone_know_why/